Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

1 hour ago, Pita said:

Do you think the 31 date will be meet or are the planners going for another two month tea break. 

I currently have a planning application with an LPA (not Leicester) for some railings alongside my property. The deadline was 26th May and I've been chasing them every few days for a decision. They mostly ignore me, won't answer the phone or emails. 

Like many things in this country, it feels that planning is yet another broken service. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, los dedos said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/huge-new-student-complex-set-7377266

This has been approved just around the corner. Not sure when it was submitted but could give is an idea of timescale. 

Unless it's us causing the delay. 😬

....I thought that the council had stated that no more student accommodations were being built!!!

Why would you want to build such a place on the main road?

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I thought that the council had stated that no more student accommodations were being built!!!

Why would you want to build such a place on the main road?

I wouldn't be surprised if King Power wacked up a load of student housing on the Eon site . Maybe even some on the outline planning submitted. 

Just now, los dedos said:

I wouldn't be surprised if King Power wacked up a load of student housing on the Eon site . Maybe even some on the outline planning submitted. 

I'd be shocked.

1 minute ago, los dedos said:

Why? it's a good money maker/ income stream . Which could be easily converted into public housing in the future. 

Because this is a high value development, the hotel will be top spec, why would they want students or low rent accommodation bringing in pennies when they could build something very classy and expensive there.

They don't do cheap in their business.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, los dedos said:

....according to that article, the existing student accommodations in Leicester are not up to scratch, or are perceived as such by current students!!!

Putting up more elite accommodations might give the club a good revenue, as there are a lot of affluent parents out there who like to indulge their kids. The foreign students tend to leave a lot of expensive equipment they tend to accumulate in their time at the Universities and subsequently see nothing in leaving computers behind, as it becomes too much to take when leaving.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....according to that article, the existing student accommodations in Leicester are not up to scratch, or are perceived as such by current students!!!

Putting up more elite accommodations might give the club a good revenue, as there are a lot of affluent parents out there who like to indulge their kids. The foreign students tend to leave a lot of expensive equipment they tend to accumulate in their time at the Universities and subsequently see nothing in leaving computers behind, as it becomes too much to take when leaving.

There is that huge complex opening in September on the Welford Road, and supposedly the closed down antique place on the Welford Road will also be redeveloped into student housing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club saw the income potential, especially if they were luxury student flats. I lived in Austin, Texas for over a decade, and went to the University of Texas, and student accommodation was very income stratified. There is a lot of money to be made in the high end part of the market. Not only that, but -- okay I am going to stick my toe in here -- it is in the club's interest to tap the student market, especially with the stadium expansion. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

There is that huge complex opening in September on the Welford Road, and supposedly the closed down antique place on the Welford Road will also be redeveloped into student housing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club saw the income potential, especially if they were luxury student flats. I lived in Austin, Texas for over a decade, and went to the University of Texas, and student accommodation was very income stratified. There is a lot of money to be made in the high end part of the market. Not only that, but -- okay I am going to stick my toe in here -- it is in the club's interest to tap the student market, especially with the stadium expansion. 

If we where planning a bus Lane or cycling lane it would have been passed months ago.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AndyElZorro said:

It's going to be approved. Announcement coming soon.

How do you know? :source:

10 hours ago, los dedos said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/huge-new-student-complex-set-7377266

This has been approved just around the corner. Not sure when it was submitted but could give is an idea of timescale. 

Is this on the corner of Brazil Street? When I was a little kid we'd park on the cattle market and my Dad would always stop to have a quick look at the cars on the way down the City. He couldn't afford any of them but it didn't stop him looking. 

12 hours ago, los dedos said:

Looking at the planning website the Application was submitted on the 5th of August 2021, target decision date and the actual decision date was the 21/7/2022, the date could have been moved several times like the stadium extension but no way of knowing unless it was being tracked by someone

Looking at the decision notice they still have quite a few hurdles to pass first before they can even start the development on the project

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

Given the fact the chance of getting more money was enough to get a different shirt sponsor, and now we really do need the money apparently -  what are the chances of us potentially renaming the stadium? 

I thought we changed sponsors because sponsoring your own team had been banned?