Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

PDC World Darts Championship 2022

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Could yet lose 7 3 but interested why you thought a guy who has got through a quarter final and semi final with some outrageous set averages would get pummeled 7 - 0 and has no bottle?

Did you watch the final?

Smith crumbled the second Wright played his best darts, he was fortunate Wright wasn't comfortable until about the 11th set.

That final would've ended anywhere from 7-0 to 7-2 if Wright had been anywhere near his best before the final two sets. I know he always changes his darts, but its never as frequent as it was tonight.

"why you thought a guy who has got through a quarter final and semi final with some outrageous set averages would get pummeled 7 - 0 and has no bottle?"

I'm guessing you're new to Darts, Smith has bottled every final he has been in for years. He might fluke a major somewhere, but he will never win a World title.

Wright ruthlessly efficient throughout the whole tournament.  A worthy winner.  As others have said he has well and truly shaken the bottler label and winning tournaments on the regular now.

That has to be a lesson for Smith who is 20 years his junior.  

As for the crowd, it's become a bit of a farce now.  Love the fact there is an "atmosphere", but the chants are beyond cringe.  Sky have created a monster and I'm not really sure what they can do to change it.

As for the whole England-Scotland chanting, sorry but I'm claiming this as a win for England.  Don't @ me :englandsmile4wf:

image.thumb.png.cc1ff3c8af2c13631cfcb39bc7b3699c.png

image.png.0787b3ea8a31046a6f9fcf450fdf9d6d.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Did you watch the final?

Smith crumbled the second Wright played his best darts, he was fortunate Wright wasn't comfortable until about the 11th set.

That final would've ended anywhere from 7-0 to 7-2 if Wright had been anywhere near his best before the final two sets. I know he always changes his darts, but its never as frequent as it was tonight.

"why you thought a guy who has got through a quarter final and semi final with some outrageous set averages would get pummeled 7 - 0 and has no bottle?"

I'm guessing you're new to Darts, Smith has bottled every final he has been in for years. He might fluke a major somewhere, but he will never win a World title.

He didn't outright bottle it tonight once Wright pulled away down the stretch his game went. It could have been 7 0 you seemed pretty sure it would be but it was 7 5. Smith comes out with a lot of credit and could absolutely win a world's one day. Wright himself crumbled at the business end of tournaments for a number of years. These experiences are what make people capable of over coming themselves. They both come across as nice blokes and are fantastic at what they do. I've been playing and watching darts since I was about 7 (34 now). I'm on here to have a laugh and healthy discussion/debate, never take issue or get involved in spats and you seem pretty combative about what is a game of darts between 2 top players. Not my bag to get involved in such things. 

23 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

I can see Smith bottling it again, I think Wright wins 7-5

Knew it :ph34r:

Wright certainly is a deserving winner of the tournament. It’s been a fantastic tournament to watch, plenty of great games.
Brooks vs Borland and Clayton vs Smith probably the highlights for me. Really enjoyed it !

I don't really get the notion, and this is in most sports now, that if somebody loses its because they've 'bottled it'. If he was 3 or 4 sets up then fair enough but he just lost to the better player. 

Smith's style looks great when the doubles go in but looks rushed when they don't. The difference in composure was probably the difference. 

• Like 1