Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Everything about that transfer is what is wrong with the game in England . Instead of developing his unquestioned talent alongside some brilliant players he is stuck with 20 minute cameos out on the wing playing and receiving 5 yard passes and all at the knock down price of £100 mill 

...I understand what you are saying, but Mahrez was treated the same, little game time and hardly seemed a requirement for their team!!!

Next season will complete his integration, it seems that is Pep's MO.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’d be pretty chipper about things if we could get this done early doors. Must mean Youri is off though. 

I think it's likely Youri will go in the summer if he hasn't extended his contract but I don't think the two are related. 

He's a very different player. 

Any word from Kristof Terreur on this? He's broken all our Belgian stories so far. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

I think it's likely Youri will go in the summer if he hasn't extended his contract but I don't think the two are related. 

He's a very different player. 

Any word from Kristof Terreur on this? He's broken all our Belgian stories so far. 

True and true again.

not as of yet, I think the news is trickling out at local level, but if it is true I imagine Fab will be all over it at some point.

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’d be pretty chipper about things if we could get this done early doors. Must mean Youri is off though. 

....he plays too far forward for it to be Youri!!!

Madders or potentially Nacho would be the most likely. Nacho is not wholly trusted by Rodgers, and Maddison, now hitting good form, could be him putting himself very much in the shop window. I suspect there is not a good relationship between Rodgers and Maddison, such as the relationship between Ferguson and Beckham.

I am surprised that we are looking at this area of our team and not focusing on the Wide Forward or a CB competing to be in the first eleven.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he plays too far forward for it to be Youri!!!

Madders or potentially Nacho would be the most likely. Nacho is not wholly trusted by Rodgers, and Maddison, now hitting good form, could be him putting himself very much in the shop window. I suspect there is not a good relationship between Rodgers and Maddison, such as the relationship between Ferguson and Beckham.

I am surprised that we are looking at this area of our team and not focusing on the Wide Forward or a CB competing to be in the first eleven.

Rodgers doesn’t strictly want players who are preferred in one position, he likes flexible players where possible. This lad seems to have the ability to play anywhere on an advanced role, he just looks like a naturally gifted footballer. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Rodgers doesn’t strictly want players who are preferred in one position, he likes flexible players where possible. This lad seems to have the ability to play anywhere on an advanced role, he just looks like a naturally gifted footballer. 

....De Ketelaere does not play the Wide Forward role, we might as well be going back to Perez being played wide!!!

He is very much a player  who plays centrally upfront. We need to finally sort out the right side, and the CB situation will not resolve itself without some additional input being made.

Too many players being flexible in this team, Castagne has not benefitted, Ricardo has not benefitted, we have at last come to an agreement that Amartey should be in the backline as opposed to midfield or the Right Back position. Let us utilise players in a position that they are made to play in, it is all very well them being able to loosely take up a position in a game to see the game out, but we should be looking to start with our best players in their best position.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Completely different players but I could well imagine the predicted cash received from Tielemans will be used to strengthen the XI overall and De Ketelaere maybe the priority player we want to secure before we then consider another central midfielder. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Completely different players but I could well imagine the predicted cash received from Tielemans will be used to strengthen the XI overall and De Ketelaere maybe the priority player we want to secure before we then consider another central midfielder. 

It's a smart signing imo.

He can play up front as a creative player but also deeper in midfield, works hard tracking back. Seeing how Vardy wont be here forever, Perez will be seeing the door sooner than later and we can't just rely on the 3 of Madders, Daka, Kele to always be fit it makes sense bringing someone like CDK in.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

....are you confident that Fofana and JJ will comeback to their best and Evans and Soyuncu and Amartey are sufficient for our CBs!!!

No idea why we are looking to bring this player in without dealing with more important areas. If we do not sort out the Right side, it will have to wait another season before we take another look at it. We spent a whole summer chasing Trincao, looking to spend £40m only for him to end up at Wolves on loan for £5.40m. We seem to be blinkered in this position because we wasted another summer chasing after Berardi, who then decided to stay put.

You start to wonder if we understand the market for Right sided players, because we are not getting this right. Under, Lookman (he is better on the left) not cutting it, and Madueke chose to stay put, I really feel we have not a clue, so far as building a balance team is concerned.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....are you confident that Fofana and JJ will comeback to their best and Evans and Soyuncu and Amartey are sufficient for our CBs!!!

No idea why we are looking to bring this player in without dealing with more important areas. If we do not sort out the Right side, it will have to wait another season before we take another look at it. We spent a whole summer chasing Trincao, looking to spend £40m only for him to end up at Wolves on loan for £5.40m. We seem to be blinkered in this position because we wasted another summer chasing after Berardi, who then decided to stay put.

You start to wonder if we understand the market for Right sided players, because we are not getting this right. Under, Lookman (he is better on the left) not cutting it, and Madueke chose to stay put, I really feel we have not a clue, so far as building a balance team is concerned.

We'll be overhauling our defence this summer as well IMO. I think one of Ricardo or Castagne will go, as will Soyuncu. Can see 2-3 new defenders in.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d say the emergence of KDH over recent weeks has given Brendan comfort that the money can be spent elsewhere. A midfield 3 of Ndidi/Soumare/KDH is more than good enough especially with some of the young lads coming through as well like Marca and Sammy B who we’ve got high hopes for.  

Love the optimism, but is it? Good enough for top 4/6? Early days for BS and KDH. 

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Love the optimism, but is it? Good enough for top 4/6? Early days for BS and KDH. 

Soumare was the mainstay of a team that won Ligue 1 ahead of PSG and he will come good, expecting him to hit the ground running in England was never fair, he’s not like Tielemans as he spoke zero English before coming here. KDH will be club captain before he retires and Ndidi is still one of the best midfield destroyers in the Premier League. We may need to bring in another midfielder for competition but if Sammy Braybrooke keeps developing at the rate he has, he’s carbon copy of how Tielemans plays the game. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Soumare was the mainstay of a team that won Ligue 1 ahead of PSG and he will come good, expecting him to hit the ground running in England was never fair, he’s not like Tielemans as he spoke zero English before coming here. KDH will be club captain before he retires and Ndidi is still one of the best midfield destroyers in the Premier League. We may need to bring in another midfielder for competition but if Sammy Braybrooke keeps developing at the rate he has, he’s carbon copy of how Tielemans plays the game. 

Tielemans spoke decent English when he came here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d say the emergence of KDH over recent weeks has given Brendan comfort that the money can be spent elsewhere. A midfield 3 of Ndidi/Soumare/KDH is more than good enough especially with some of the young lads coming through as well like Marca and Sammy B who we’ve got high hopes for.  

30 minutes ago, sdb said:

I must admit my first thought was - good enough for what? It depends what we’re shooting for.

A mixed bag from Soumare and a promising start from KDH and, all of a sudden, we’ll be ok without YT. Hmmm… I wish I had that confidence and hope it’s true 

• Like 2