Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

2 hours ago, davieG said:

the Foxes should make an offer for the Belgian prodigy

2 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Hes exceptional. Would be an unreal signing if we did get him 

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Would be a superb signing but probably already too big for us.

Did I just time-travel back into the Tielemans transfer thread?  lol

And if so should I expect 150 pages of this?

Just now, KingsX said:

Did I just time-travel back into the Tielemans transfer thread?  lol

And if so should I expect 150 pages of this?

Do you fancy time-travelling forward as well pal? Check if this lad also scores a ripper for us in a cup final? Cheers x

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I must be honest and say I know nothing of this player, so looking forward to hearing @Ric Flair's scout report. From information I can find online though he sounds really promising. From the videos alone you can see he's a left footed winger who is comfortable anywhere across the front 3. Lookman I think has been a good signing and I hope we keep him, but he's best in Barnes position. A genuine Mahrez replacement is still the position we'd all love to see filled, assuming all our players weren't injured.

Needless to say I have been a fan of all of the Belgian players we signed. Even Praet who I think was hard done by, even if it was probably the right decision to let him go as it's opened a slot up for KDH who looks like being a new legend to get behind.

Good analysis of the player here:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/charles-de-ketelaere-at-club-brugge-2021-22-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

One thing I find interesting in the scouting profile of all of the wide forwards we've been linked with is that they all have excellent defensive stats for forward players. IE they are players that are great at winning the ball high up the pitch. Lookman has scored lots of goals, but even in his off games I feel like he always puts in a shift defensively. Both De Ketelaere and Aguibou Camara have really good interception metrics for forwards, which in my mind makes both rumours believable.

De Ketelaere isn't a winger, but then again we don't seem to want a left footed right winger but an attacking player who is fluid in their ability to play across the attack which he absolutely is. He'd be lethal up top in a midfield diamond with Daka.

He's a 10/SS type player who's skill set enables him to play out wide or even as an 8 but his best play to date has come up front with the licence to roam and drop in. He's more Kai Havertz than Riyad Mahrez.

He'll go to the very top and play in attack anywhere, like the best players seem to do for the biggest clubs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Never heard of him before reading his name on this thread just now but I’ve decided he’s the greatest player in the world and I want to marry him. X 

He's definitely an extremely high profile talent. He's rated in Belgium as their next big talisman. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Wonder if we can sign some of the best talent over there and lend them to Leuven if we don't need them straight away.

Nah no way he goes from playing for a Champions League club regularly to OH Leuven as a pathway to play for Europa Conference Leicester. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Very highly rated and looks decent.

However, main concern for me with this signing as Ric pointed out is he is more of a Havertz type/ SS player. Similar to Kelechi in that he’s not really a striker up top on his own, but not quite a 10 either. So would either replace Maddison in the 10 position, up top with Vardy/ Daka with a diamond formation leaving out Barnes, or he could play from the right but then we’re slightly in square pegs round holes situation again. Just not really sure where he would fit in, and would rather we prioritised an actual RW, although he would be a more versatile option to replace Kelechi should he leave 

4 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Very highly rated and looks decent.

However, main concern for me with this signing as Ric pointed out is he is more of a Havertz type/ SS player. Similar to Kelechi in that he’s not really a striker up top on his own, but not quite a 10 either. So would either replace Maddison in the 10 position, up top with Vardy/ Daka with a diamond formation leaving out Barnes, or he could play from the right but then we’re slightly in square pegs round holes situation again. Just not really sure where he would fit in, and would rather we prioritised an actual RW, although he would be a more versatile option to replace Kelechi should he leave 

He hates Kel so there’s the answer

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

SIGN HIM!

...watched him against OHL, he looks a tidy player!!!

He was very much up the pitch like a second striker or a #10 playing behind a lone striker. Not sure he is robust enough for the Premier League, the physicality might just find him out. Probably more suited to staying on the Continent, failing that they could also charge us for the Sowah deal.

• Like 2