Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

14 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Not every player who's in decent form is all of the sudden going to leave us. With Perez probably being sold next summer and us still not really having a RW this signing makes perfect sense, this way we can have someone to cover for Maddison and someone to play out wide on the right in the meantime.

Unless I missed something, how do we know Ayoze is probably going to be sold?

• Like 1

Just now, The_77 said:

Unless I missed something, how do we know Ayoze is probably going to be sold?

Let's be honest here, we're gonna need to do somewhat of a squad overhaul this summer anyway.

Ayo has barely featured at all this season, to the point where Brendo prefers throwing Sharky on late over him. And whenever he did feature he was rather average. Add to that, that if we are indeed going after CDK or players of similar profile, someone in the squad is going to have to make way in the attacking department and I dont see it being Madders, Kele, Daka, Vards

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Let's be honest here, we're gonna need to do somewhat of a squad overhaul this summer anyway.

Ayo has barely featured at all this season, to the point where Brendo prefers throwing Sharky on late over him. And whenever he did feature he was rather average. Add to that, that if we are indeed going after CDK or players of similar profile, someone in the squad is going to have to make way in the attacking department and I dont see it being Madders, Kele, Daka, Vards

Madders is the one most consistently linked to a move, we haven’t heard of anyone even sniffing near Ayoze. 

We need to begin to overhaul of the squad, yes, but Ayoze might be the most difficult to move. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Madders is the one most consistently linked to a move, we haven’t heard of anyone even sniffing near Ayoze. 

We need to begin to overhaul of the squad, yes, but Ayoze might be the most difficult to move. 

As we all know Perez has a very nice contract with us and nobody else is going to get anywhere near it. The major sellable asset is Tielemans. We need all our other core players.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm 90% certain we've already signed CDK. It was mentioned in December that "we'd won the race" to sign him and that Leicester staff had been seen over there, and not only did that story come out of nowhere, but it's all gone quiet again afterwards too. It seems exactly like the Soumare and to some extent Fofana signings when we get in early and get the deal done. It would be a good move for the player too, if he goes to Spurs he won't play every game whereas for us I'd expect him to be starting most games after a period of adjustment.

I'd argue that despite his slow start that he's been our best player this season. But even though that may be the case I wouldn't be against selling him. It feels like the first Brendan Rodgers cycle has come to an end and two 5th place finishes and an FA Cup were what we got from it. Which is pretty good TBH!

The current squad seems way too comfortable and I think bringing a new batch of players in is needed. I don't think Maddison will go this summer given that Tielemans and Soyuncu will leave, but he'll probably leave the season afterwards. Which is probably why CDK has been identified, so we have his successor in the squad / team to take over. I don't think we should be that upset about it, Fergie moved on big name players all the time like Ince, Keane, Stam, Van Nistelrooy and brought in hungrier players in their place. Maddison is still hungry, but if we could get 60-80m for him and develop another player, I don't think we'd miss out on much. We replaced Maguire with Benkovic (flop), Soyuncu (overall positive even if shite this season) and Fofana (success). I think we'd do the same with Madders too if push came to shove.

Without trying to jinx it, Maddison's form this season has held on for longer than ever before, I think he could potentially be a player we should try to include in our spine for the future and I think it would be smart to play both of CDK and Madders at the same time. From my understanding CDK is doing his best work centrally be that as a #10 or as a second striker but can be used out wide if need be. In a time where Vards has taken a more relaxed role in our squad, I could really see us playing a narrow midfield consisting of KDH, Ndidi and Bouba with Madders at the #10 and Daka and CDK in front of him, with CDK dropping off slightly similar to how Kele does alongside Vardy.

Long story short, I feel like CDK wouldn't have to be a replacement signing for Madders but could actually turn out to be a very complimentary one. Also not to mention the part where I can't see a gap opening up at any of the bigger clubs for someone like Madders anytime soon. 

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm 90% certain we've already signed CDK. It was mentioned in December that "we'd won the race" to sign him and that Leicester staff had been seen over there, and not only did that story come out of nowhere, but it's all gone quiet again afterwards too. It seems exactly like the Soumare and to some extent Fofana signings when we get in early and get the deal done. It would be a good move for the player too, if he goes to Spurs he won't play every game whereas for us I'd expect him to be starting most games after a period of adjustment.

I'd argue that despite his slow start that he's been our best player this season. But even though that may be the case I wouldn't be against selling him. It feels like the first Brendan Rodgers cycle has come to an end and two 5th place finishes and an FA Cup were what we got from it. Which is pretty good TBH!

The current squad seems way too comfortable and I think bringing a new batch of players in is needed. I don't think Maddison will go this summer given that Tielemans and Soyuncu will leave, but he'll probably leave the season afterwards. Which is probably why CDK has been identified, so we have his successor in the squad / team to take over. I don't think we should be that upset about it, Fergie moved on big name players all the time like Ince, Keane, Stam, Van Nistelrooy and brought in hungrier players in their place. Maddison is still hungry, but if we could get 60-80m for him and develop another player, I don't think we'd miss out on much. We replaced Maguire with Benkovic (flop), Soyuncu (overall positive even if shite this season) and Fofana (success). I think we'd do the same with Madders too if push came to shove.

I’d agree with you and hope you are right.

In terms of the overhaul, it seems certain that Youri and Cags will be off.

Added to that it’s likely from the January transfer rumours that Castange maybe one that is let go, especially if Ricardo signs a new contract as rumoured.

Also we have Praet out on loan, with an option, so highly likely he will move on even if the option isn’t taken.

I’m pretty sure we should get 100 million minimum for those 4. Added to that if Hamza, Mendy, Perez and one or both of Vestergaard and Bertrand gets moved on then that’s your outgoings done, without to much fanfare or loss.

Charles De Ketelaere, Tarkowski and Lookman sound like they could be some of the names to come in along with potentially a Youri replacement, new CDM, new Right Winger (Left Footed, obviously) and some younger players (CB, Midfielder) to fill in the squad holes from shifting the deadwood.

That’s your overhaul done, with potentially a more well rounded and hopefully hungrier squad than we have now.

The rumoured names sound like the right ones we should be going for, but for every Daka there seems to be a Vestergaard counterweight when Rodgers is involved. So, hopefully he lets the recruitment team do their job without interfering.

• Like 3

Maddison's putting in a decent season, most importantly kept fit and is getting lots of shots on target and some goals. Maybe he doesnt help enough with assists from his position, watching Coutinho earlier tonight with his two from that same position of the pitch, just wish Madders had that in him too.

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Maddison's putting in a decent season, most importantly kept fit and is getting lots of shots on target and some goals. Maybe he doesnt help enough with assists from his position, watching Coutinho earlier tonight with his two from that same position of the pitch, just wish Madders had that in him too.

Gee glad we didn’t sign continuously , he has things that just don’t fit with are club , LIKE been able to control the ball then pass it to a team mate so he can score , yes he would not have fitted in . Lol 🥴🤪👍

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Agree with most of that Strider, though I’d be gutted to lose Maddison, IMO our player of the season so far.

I’ll throw another name into the mix as a potential departure, this summer or next - Ndidi. A stand out talent for years here but his form (his hunger?) has fallen off a cliff this season.

Cags & Youri are wiping millions off their sale prices almost every time they play. If we wanted to change our style of play (maybe a proper double pivot? Soumare & KDH?) and cash in on a highly saleable asset, I wouldn’t now be against it.

• Like 2

Tarkowski’s name refuses to go away and increasingly it looks like the logical signing: experienced, knows how to defend, good at set pieces (both ends of the pitch), good communicator. And of course, signing on fee notwithstanding, his being free would leave us able to spend our budget elsewhere.
Tarks might’ve worried about game time here a while back, but he’d see plenty. With Evans’s body regularly failing him, you’d expect a Fofana/Tarks partnership to become our first choice soon enough.

He is however having a stinker of a season at Burnley. I console myself with the thought that Evans’s last season at the Albion was shocking too

Edited by Steve Earle