Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Forest Away

This really does get to me and I'm sure I can't be alone with this opinion. 

These conversations literally only happen when people miss out on high demand / low supply games. There is plenty of opportunity throughout the season to build your priority, particularly this season with most games going to General. 

All this "I work midweek" or "I live miles away from Leicester and can't get to games", yet still expect some form of priority really does annoy me. You choose where you live, if you cared that much about building your priority on the current system it doesn't matter anyway; keep your season ticket or membership, get to as many games as you can, keep buying away tickets when it reaches your window/general, your priority will move up. Cheap pre-season friendlies also the easiest way to gain a little ground on others.

It's the entitled attitude that does my head in. The current system is the fairest method of ensuring those who devote most of their earnings and habitual life to following the Club get first access to tickets. 

Sorry for the long one 

Edited by B_Fox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Looks a great idea, minus the latter of picking up tickets with ID. Works for your fan working normal shifts in the local area, but when people live further away. And we have quite a few posters on here who live hours from the ground, to have to drive to just pick up a ticket seems a bit far

You wouldn't be driving anywhere just to pick up a ticket. You'd be picking up your ticket at the ground. So you are going to the ground anyway, to go to the game! It's the same system for European away games.

10 minutes ago, lcfc old boy said:

why does this forum allow people to ask for references for away matches ,to sell tickets on, which just allows the seller to keep his points total higher, also a positive feedback for sellers (more encouragement), maybe the forum should have a look at itself as well as the club on away tickets, like somebody said earlier it is against the t and cs, 

There should be a returns policy - if an away game sells out, people can return to the club minus a booking fee and the point is lost and then gained by whoever then re-buys the ticket, up to a few days before the match. This would then remove the idea that peoples circumstances constantly change and people aren't just points boosting themselves without ever going to matches. Spot checks upon entry at the away end would also significantly reduce chancers and then allow priority to build more evenly. I also agree that the 50 points a season is insane and if you wanted to boost, then 1 or 2 additional points would be fine.

Regardless of the system overall, I don't think the brackets helped for Forest either- 435 to 415 is a big jump in terms of people who go to 5 or 6 a season compared to those who go to 2, particularly when it was always likely this is where it was going to sell out.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, B_Fox said:

This really does get to me and I'm sure I can't be alone with this opinion. 

These conversations literally only happen when people miss out on high demand / low supply games. There is plenty of opportunity throughout the season to build your priority, particularly this season with most games going to General. 

All this "I work midweek" or "I live miles away from Leicester and can't get to games", yet still expect some form of priority really does annoy me. You choose where you live, if you cared that much about building your priority on the current system it doesn't matter anyway; keep your season ticket or membership, get to as many games as you can, keep buying away tickets when it reaches your window/general, your priority will move up. Cheap pre-season friendlies also the easiest way to gain a little ground on others.

It's the entitled attitude that does my head in. The current system is the fairest method of ensuring those who devote most of their earnings and habitual life to following the Club get first access to tickets. 

Sorry for the long one 

I wonder if you've missed the point a little. Certianly in my sosns case. He's 8 and does go everywhere, with me. He can't get a ticket for games like these as the queue is jumped by people who have essentially got some grandfather rights by having a season ticket before he was even born. 

Of course people will point it out for these games as this is where the problems occur. From what I can see, people in this thread are going to away games but are affected by the hundreds of points gathered by ST holders of longer that can now jump the queue. 

As I've pointed out above, there are people on 415 points able to buy a ticket having only been to approx 2 aways per season. So, it actually falls quite far down the brackets. Others, though have done far more aways than that and can't get one. Therefore, it isn't the fairest system. It's not rewarding away travel, its rewarding long term ST holders 

Like I also pointed out, this doesn't directly affect me with my 550 odd points but I do feel for those that it does. 

• Like 3

It's the weighting of the season ticket at 50 points. I can see that as someone who profits from that. 

It has to be somewhere between 10 and 15 - then there's a realistic chance someone who goes every away game will catch up during the season (which by logic as the season progresses the games mean more). 

I'd more than happy to see every rounds of the cup be worthy of a point. I'd lose out occasionally personally with travel etc, so I choose not to go but gives a sensible, logical route for people to build points. Take Randers at home, looks like we will do well to get 20k there. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ianormondroyd said:

I wonder if you've missed the point a little. Certianly in my sosns case. He's 8 and does go everywhere, with me. He can't get a ticket for games like these as the queue is jumped by people who have essentially got some grandfather rights by having a season ticket before he was even born. 

Of course people will point it out for these games as this is where the problems occur. From what I can see, people in this thread are going to away games but are affected by the hundreds of points gathered by ST holders of longer that can now jump the queue. 

As I've pointed out above, there are people on 415 points able to buy a ticket having only been to approx 2 aways per season. So, it actually falls quite far down the brackets. Others, though have done far more aways than that and can't get one. Therefore, it isn't the fairest system. It's not rewarding away travel, its rewarding long term ST holders 

Like I also pointed out, this doesn't directly affect me with my 550 odd points but I do feel for those that it does. 

I see where you're coming from but surely someone who has been a STH since before your son was born would quite rightly have more chance of getting a ticket than your son, no? I know you want to take him with you and he most likely enjoys it but just because you have a kid doesn't mean they should automatically queue jump lots of other STH's (I have a son as well so I see your point but just don't agree it's necessarily fair)

Some people are also saying away tickets shouldn't reward STH's as it becomes a closed shop, but that only away tickets should be decided on away points only - surely then it becomes another closed shop again?

I'm not a STH myself but I understand why those that are get higher loyalty points because essentially they've committed money to the club for longer. Yes ST's are in higher demand now so it now looks like a closed shop but it hasn't always been that way - I also know a sew STH's who go to maybe 50% of their games and then sell the seat for the other 50%. Not right but there's lots of ways around the system as we've seen with people passing on references and usingother people accounts. 

8 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I see where you're coming from but surely someone who has been a STH since before your son was born would quite rightly have more chance of getting a ticket than your son, no? I know you want to take him with you and he most likely enjoys it but just because you have a kid doesn't mean they should automatically queue jump lots of other STH's (I have a son as well so I see your point but just don't agree it's necessarily fair)

Some people are also saying away tickets shouldn't reward STH's as it becomes a closed shop, but that only away tickets should be decided on away points only - surely then it becomes another closed shop again?

I'm not a STH myself but I understand why those that are get higher loyalty points because essentially they've committed money to the club for longer. Yes ST's are in higher demand now so it now looks like a closed shop but it hasn't always been that way - I also know a sew STH's who go to maybe 50% of their games and then sell the seat for the other 50%. Not right but there's lots of ways around the system as we've seen with people passing on references and usingother people accounts. 

I really think he should be rewarded correctly for the 60 away games he has been to by being able to get tickets for more desirable away games.  What I'm saying is, someone with hundreds of 'away' points by virtue of having a 'home' season ticket (he also has one BTW) shouldn't be rewarded in this way as they don't actually go away as often, or at all. Then of course, what about members who travel away? Their away priority point is pretty much useless. ST benefits already exist without this one, guaranteed seat, almost half the price of match day prices, so on and so on. 

It's not that I want to take my son with me, I do take him, everywhere (other than far away on a school night). He should be rewarded for this in the correct way and so should the countless others that travel away regularly. 

Also, surely we can't just continue with they were born first so get priority over things, football tickets or anything else. 

• Like 4

50 points for STHs is quite astronomical, that I do concede, but anyone with a STH should still be given the opportunity to be in a higher category than a member or a non-STH. The suggestion of around 15 points seems fair. 

I don't think the current system is too broken tbf but maybe something like we had before with Away Scheme/P1/P2/P3 etc is better... given a few points as a STH, then building up through the year with Aways. Club should then decide how many they can have in each P1/P2/P3 category each year (couldnt have everyone in P1), then your priority for the next season then based on whichever quartile you end up in at the end of the current season. Incentivises people to get to as many aways as they can, knowing they need to hit a high threshold to get P1. In this scenario your Priority is set for the season (which I think it was before we moved to points??)

Whatever alternatives you come up with I think you'd still by and large end up with same people in P1/P2, rendering it an almost pointless exercise, other than allowing a few more youngsters into the system for the following season. And I suppose that's the crux of the issue, we need to support the younger generations and get them hooked - like all of us

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ianormondroyd said:

I really think he should be rewarded correctly for the 60 away games he has been to by being able to get tickets for more desirable away games.  What I'm saying is, someone with hundreds of 'away' points by virtue of having a 'home' season ticket (he also has one BTW) shouldn't be rewarded in this way as they don't actually go away as often, or at all. Then of course, what about members who travel away? Their away priority point is pretty much useless. ST benefits already exist without this one, guaranteed seat, almost half the price of match day prices, so on and so on. 

It's not that I want to take my son with me, I do take him, everywhere (other than far away on a school night). He should be rewarded for this in the correct way and so should the countless others that travel away regularly. 

Also, surely we can't just continue with they were born first so get priority over things, football tickets or anything else. 

I presume all your lads away priority points are going on his ticket? And not someone elses? 

Meaning he'll have built up a good number of points already. However it doesn't compare to the graft and money the 500+ groups have put in, who have spent years and years building up their priority. It takes time, just the way it is.

Your lad will be prime for P1 in a few years if he keeps his STH and keeps up those number of Aways, definitely doing it the right way. Other people  have been building for years, can't really see why this scenario should be any different. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, B_Fox said:

I presume all your lads away priority points are going on his ticket? And not someone elses? 

Meaning he'll have built up a good number of points already. However it doesn't compare to the graft and money the 500+ groups have put in, who have spent years and years building up their priority. It takes time, just the way it is.

Your lad will be prime for P1 in a few years if he keeps his STH and keeps up those number of Aways, definitely doing it the right way. Other people  have been building for years, can't really see why this scenario should be any different. 

It would take 50 away games for him to catch up if he had just become a STH the year after 14/15. Any season after that it would be 100, 150, 200 etc. It's bonkers.

Edited by ousefox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, B_Fox said:

Most are on his ticket, but then if he can't get one I do whatever I can to get him one, as pointed out in my original post. Sometimes buying from here, I've also joined my daughter as a member to be able to enter the ballot. 

The problem will always be there as he's 400 points behind in a system that rewards longevity with away prioroty rather than away travel.  He'll neevr catch up until enough people have given up their season ticket.

14 minutes ago, ianormondroyd said:

Most are on his ticket, but then if he can't get one I do whatever I can to get him one, as pointed out in my original post. Sometimes buying from here, I've also joined my daughter as a member to be able to enter the ballot. 

The problem will always be there as he's 400 points behind in a system that rewards longevity with away prioroty rather than away travel.  He'll neevr catch up until enough people have given up their season ticket.

Yeah I get what you're saying, although as far as I understand it the STH points only go back a certain number of seasons (too many to be fair) he wouldn't necessarily be waiting for people to give up their ticket... he just needs to keep his season ticket for whatever that maximum period is for tallying season ticket points (think its 8 years or something??)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, B_Fox said:

Yeah I get what you're saying, although as far as I understand it the STH points only go back a certain number of seasons (too many to be fair) he wouldn't necessarily be waiting for people to give up their ticket... he just needs to keep his season ticket for whatever that maximum period is for tallying season ticket points (think its 8 years or something??)

I see what you're saying. The points continue though each year, so he'll always be 400 or 350 or whatever it is behind others and unable to catch up.  It's only the bigger games that this is a problem, but what essentially happens, understandably, is more people want to go and exercise their 'right' to buy an away ticket. My point is, and always has been that the season ticket away reward points shouldn't be given as away reward points. If you see what I'm saying, the 415 bracket for example is attendance at 15 away games over 8 years. Some of the people who have had a ST for less time will do more than that in a year, yet when the big game rolls around they can't get a ticket. 

Perhaps home points would be more suitable to carry weight if we get to another cup final for example. Not 100% sure what the answer is tbh. 

Just to add, my main purpose for being on here isn't to moan about my son not getting a ticket but more just to show empathy woth others like him, be they adults or children that are feel unfairly treated by this strange system. 

On a side note, I myself have around 550 pts and have worked out that (if the syetme remains the same) I can go 4 seasons without buying a single away ticket and still be top points bracket.

This simply isn't fair on others and I say that as somebody who benefits from the system. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Im struggling to understand why a ST should be worth 50 away points. 

It's weighted completely the wrong way round. 

I agree with your point, but not fully.

I am a ST holder for over 20 years, one of the "benefits" offered to ST holders were always being first in line for away tickets, subject to the amount of games you went to over the last 3 years I think it was, and then the oldest points were removed at the end of the season. Much fairer and transparent on how you can build up points.

This 50 points per ST came in a few years ago (long before CV19) and to be honest I agree that its very unfair on anyone who didn't have a ST before the "good times", however I do understand that the club are now in a difficult position because there must be quite a few ST holders that stand to loose lots of points if they return to the old system.

The fact that its almost impossible to get a new ST isn't helping the situation either.

I'd expect this to change once the expansion happens and hopefully some new ST's are available to buy.

They should (but never will) share the amount of supporters in each band, I suspect its more than you think, hence the seemingly vanishing tickets earlier this week.

At the very most you should give 1 point per home game for ST's so 18. This still feels like too many as essentially trotting up to a home game is easier when a routine than travelling away. 

You could say a home game is worth half an away game and give 9 or 10 points per season ticket holder. 

That is still a nice advantage over anyone who doesn't have one but doesn't make it completely unobtainable for someone who doesn't have one. 

There is even more room for points to be gained by season ticket holders when we play at home in the cup or Europe, might even incentivise bigger home attendances in these games if you got half a point. 

7 minutes ago, philce said:

I agree with your point, but not fully.

I am a ST holder for over 20 years, one of the "benefits" offered to ST holders were always being first in line for away tickets, subject to the amount of games you went to over the last 3 years I think it was, and then the oldest points were removed at the end of the season. Much fairer and transparent on how you can build up points.

This 50 points per ST came in a few years ago (long before CV19) and to be honest I agree that its very unfair on anyone who didn't have a ST before the "good times", however I do understand that the club are now in a difficult position because there must be quite a few ST holders that stand to loose lots of points if they return to the old system.

The fact that its almost impossible to get a new ST isn't helping the situation either.

I'd expect this to change once the expansion happens and hopefully some new ST's are available to buy.

They should (but never will) share the amount of supporters in each band, I suspect its more than you think, hence the seemingly vanishing tickets earlier this week.

Wouldn't those ST holders that travel away still have the same advantage though? It would just remove those that don't really do away games that often, but would reward those that do regardless of longevity of ST ownership (which I don't think should come in to it) jumping in for a glory game. At least it should do anyway. 

Perhaps 2 rolling seasons of away points ar something. 1st sell to those that went to 20, then 15, then 10 and so on down to all STH and members later perhaps? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

You wouldn't be driving anywhere just to pick up a ticket. You'd be picking up your ticket at the ground. So you are going to the ground anyway, to go to the game! It's the same system for European away games.

On initial read assumed it was how I described, but this would make more sense. 

12 minutes ago, ianormondroyd said:

Wouldn't those ST holders that travel away still have the same advantage though? It would just remove those that don't really do away games that often, but would reward those that do regardless of longevity of ST ownership (which I don't think should come in to it) jumping in for a glory game. At least it should do anyway. 

Perhaps 2 rolling seasons of away points ar something. 1st sell to those that went to 20, then 15, then 10 and so on down to all STH and members later perhaps? 

That's how it used to be.

But then we are talking about the ticket office doing something sensible!

I do remember they had a crackdown on all the "mates" tickets a few years ago.

Just needs the club to be transparent and show the breakdown of ticket sales.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, philce said:

That's how it used to be.

But then we are talking about the ticket office doing something sensible!

I do remember they had a crackdown on all the "mates" tickets a few years ago.

Just needs the club to be transparent and show the breakdown of ticket sales.

You're right, exactly how it used to be. 

Fully agree with all of what you say.  I did post something on here a few years back related to how MUFC organise their away tickets. They break down each category and you know who has had what. Quite interesting actually as a model for others to follow. Can't say I was completely on agreement with how they distribute them, but at least they're transparent.