Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Forest Away

22 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Had my tickets drop today.

No idea how they do it. My Wolves ones came within 48 hours and the Forest ones took 8 days. They are starting to drip drip through though.

Premier League tickets can be printed by the host club well in advance. Cup ones take a bit longer because they can't be printed until the draw is made. Seems like a fairly simple job, but logistics and that.

1 hour ago, BroughtonFox said:

We need earlier trains for this, else they are going to be heaving 

EMR (or EMT, as it was then) ran a football special to Derby for the FA Cup tie in 2016-17.   

I'm not aware of them, or XC, running any football specials since ... although Cross Country may have put on a slightly longer train, when we played Peterborough in the FA Cup 2017-18 (?)

Don't expect any extra trains from EMR .... that would require a bit of thought and planning.

At the moment, the trains on Sunday 6th Feb are scheduled to leave Leicester for Nottingham  at 10.52, 11.46, 12.45, 13.12, 13.59, 15.02.

Journey time is about 30 minutes, so don't even think about the 15.02 train.

And I would never 100% trust a Sunday service anyway, and especially not with the odd cancellation due to covid staff shortages.

Get an early train, and get there in plenty of time.

Edited to say: And whatever train you think about catching, you must re-check the times on the Sunday morning.   Just to make sure it's still running, and there aren't any unexpected problems.

Edited by worth_the_wait

10 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Pretty sure they out something in for Peterborough nearer the time in 2018. All barriers open as well 

They did. When I got to the station after the game, they had trains waiting and people were being instructed where to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue717 said:

Which train is most getting?

As I have to connect in Leicester I am reliant on a train from Hinckley first. The annoying thing is that it arrives 2 mins after the Nottingham one departs (hopefully that one is delayed, if not, drinking beers at Leicester station!). Otherwise it's the 12:45 (or whatever the exact time is).

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Surely not putting on an earlier train for a football away day is pretty irrelevant to HS2? If we had HS2 we wouldn't automatically have an earlier train lol

Pretty much seems that HS2 goes completely over your head. 

Edited by l444ry

18 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Pretty much seems that HS2 goes completely over your head. 

Why don't you explain then instead of giving snide digs?

I'm assuming you're going to tell me HS2 allows us to have greater train capacity on the network, which yes it does, but no guarantees we'll have an early train to Nottingham on a Sunday.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

52 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Why don't you explain then instead of giving snide digs?

I'm assuming you're going to tell me HS2 allows us to have greater train capacity on the network, which yes it does, but no guarantees we'll have an early train to Nottingham on a Sunday.

Didn't suggest it would help for Sunday but glad you got to eventually understand the original comment.;)

Edited by l444ry