Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Forest Away

2 hours ago, ousefox said:

I've emailed the club about this a couple of times and had quite dismissive responses claiming that this has been discussed in meetings and they see no reason to change it (I imagine the wider priority scheme rather than the specific issue).

The 50 points a season arbitrarily came in for the 14/15 season. I missed a season because of uni and I'm now 50 points behind. 

It's absolutely crazy this isn't done based on maybe the last 3 years of being a season ticket holder. I couldn't go to the FA Cup final over somebody who hadn't been to a single away game since the scheme came in. 

It also means many young people have no chance of experiencing these days. 

I'd encourage anyone who thinks this is an issue to get in touch with the club. Although the last time I did it I got a 'you wouldn't be getting in touch if it wasn't such a big game' type response. 

Good to hear, got a template for me? I’m edit it but I’ll email then tomorrow on my day. 

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Was told something last night that the club next year may get rid of the 50 points and also the ones given out on previous seasons.

Pray for Leicester_Loyal. 

Absolute no way that wen have 4k fans above the 435 band..

I was amazed when I saw just 300 tickets available last night… and even more amazed when there were 10 tickets left when I got in the site at 8am… still didnt end up with tickets..

wtf has gone on ??

Guest Fox-66
4 hours ago, ousefox said:

I've emailed the club about this a couple of times and had quite dismissive responses claiming that this has been discussed in meetings and they see no reason to change it (I imagine the wider priority scheme rather than the specific issue).

The 50 points a season arbitrarily came in for the 14/15 season. I missed a season because of uni and I'm now 50 points behind. 

It's absolutely crazy this isn't done based on maybe the last 3 years of being a season ticket holder. I couldn't go to the FA Cup final over somebody who hadn't been to a single away game since the scheme came in. 

I'd encourage anyone who thinks this is an issue to get in touch with the club. Although the last time I did it I got a 'you wouldn't be getting in touch if it wasn't such a big game' type response. 

Great post with excellent, and rational comments.

I sent a letter to Susan Whelan some time ago raising very much the same issues . (As I previously also got a very dismissive response when I emailed the ticket office). 

I’ve been following LCFC ‘over land and sea’ since 1966 and to date, have watched the team in 59 different grounds (most recently in Warsaw and Poland and Napoli) but, like you, I did not have sufficient tickets to see my team win the FA Cup.

The ST criteria must change because, as you say, it’s a closed shop. I did not have / could not have, a ST until 17/18 and therefore have no chance of catching up with points, those who attend only one or two away games per season, such a Anfield and Old Trafford or Wembley. 

And also I raised the issue of these people buy away tickets to get away points, do not attend but sell them to others. Which is, incidentally against the terms and conditions of which those tickets are purchased and accordingly should be clamped down upon. 

Should a HOME ST even contribute to the criteria to determine who goes to AWAY games? I’d be interested to hear what are the clubs do. I believe the criteria for getting tickets for Liverpool’s away game is attendance at away games!

The current system does have its own perverse benefits. For example tickets for an away game (televised I think) on a very rainy evening in Southampton on a Friday night became readily available to “all STs” thereby enabling me to be there on that very memorable night!

At least let’s have some transparency of who gets what; staff, corporate, sponsors and also the current number people in each priority level. 

Whatever happens, whatever system is in place, the existing one or an amended one there are always going to be many people who are not going to be happy.

5 hours ago, ousefox said:

Spot on.

There ought to be a rolling period whereby required points stay the same. 14/15 should become obsolete, so as to get rid of this closed shop. 

• Like 1

On 19/01/2022 at 16:54, goody2028 said:

Surely it doesn’t matter is it’s 1,500 or 10. The principle is still the same they are reserving tickets just based on people working at the club and not people who spend their hard earned money watching the team away from home

Perks of the job i suppose, 

it amazes me how this topic is never spoken about for most of the normal away games where no doubt staff at the club get extra tickets.

6 hours ago, ousefox said:

The England Supporters Travel Club run a rolling Cap system based over two campaigns 

This campaign began the first game after the Euro 2021 Final. So Joe Public could’ve joined up in September last year with 0 caps. But by the time we hopefully get to Germany could end up being right up there as a Top Capper thus being able to pretty much select your ticket for whichever game you want. 

At the Full Time Whistle of the Germany 2024 Final, the caps accrued from this September to Qatar Final whistle drop off

Its complicated to explain, but is actually dead simple. It stops the closed shop that’s occurring with LCFC STHs. You also have to collect your away ticket from a collection point with ID, exactly as we’ve had to do as Leicester fans in Europe. This stops people trying to cheat the system 

There is definitely an issue with kids and priority points. Literally missing season ticket points because they hadn't been born! There should be some adjustment for that, or some kind of parent priority or something. There will be people who will hate the idea of kids going to away games generally though, if the views on older attendees is anything to go by!

Edited by FOXSE
  • Like 3

Guest Fox-66
1 hour ago, ianormondroyd said:

I've asked about it before as well. Never really gotten anywhere.

It doesn't affect me personally as I have 550 ish points. However, my son is 8 and got his first ST this year.

Prior to this he has been to circa 60 aways since 2018-19. Often winning the members ballot, using different refs or kind souls on here (some genuinely kind people, charging me kids prices for their adult tickets, one even insisted I had an adult ticket free for Brentford) It's worth noting the effort that goes in to all this, if we're away in London on a Sat and somebody has a spare in Derby on a Friday night, I'm off to pick it up. Its either top-level parenting or top-level stupidity, not made my mind up which yet! 

This year I have even joined my daughter as a member in order to enter the ballot for him, got 2 so far. Wolves and Everton, so one of them he won't be able to go to anyway as it'll be a school night now. In fact, the only away game he hasn't been to this year is Millwall (not including Europa League, although I'd love to take him to one) I've sometimes used my dad's ST ref when I've not managed to get a child's ticket, but he's on 409 points so for Forest, not even a sniff. 

I have spoken about this on here before, it doesn't always go down well tbh. 

Personally, I feel that away points should be given for away attendance, that's it. All that happens is those with high points that don't usually go away can jump in for big games or small allocations. 

I know there are others on here who have similar issues with the 'loyalty' system. I think the Brentford thread has a few posts relating to similar. 

Also, perhaps some people in this situation that have comfortably been to more aways than the prioroty bracket that the sales have reached. Eg, 415 points is 15 aways over the last 8 years. When you think of it like that you don't have to have been to many to have actually picked up a ticket for Forest if you've had a ST since 14-15.  

In so many ways the club are trying to get families to games, but when it comes to away gamss the kids don't stand a chance. I kmow a number of games reach all ST holders but they are starting 350-400 behind and will never catch up. 

The example given perfectly illustrates what a ridiculous and unfair process it can be. 

So in theory a season ticket holder since 14/15, attending an average only two away games a season during that time period, would be entitled to attempt to buy a ticket for Forest this morning. Shocking, truly shocking!

4 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

The England Supporters Travel Club run a rolling Cap system based over two campaigns 

This campaign began the first game after the Euro 2021 Final. So Joe Public could’ve joined up in September last year with 0 caps. But by the time we hopefully get to Germany could end up being right up there as a Top Capper thus being able to pretty much select your ticket for whichever game you want. 

At the Full Time Whistle of the Germany 2024 Final, the caps accrued from this September to Qatar Final whistle drop off

Its complicated to explain, but is actually dead simple. It stops the closed shop that’s occurring with LCFC STHs. You also have to collect your away ticket from a collection point with ID, exactly as we’ve had to do as Leicester fans in Europe. This stops people trying to cheat the system 

Edit - I misread. Spot onlol

One thing to note though is that we get given an indication for each fixture how many caps (points) you need to be guaranteed a ticket, and how many are on each cap level. The transparency compared to what we get is another level. 

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1

I wonder if having more ‘home grown’ players in the squad has meant a higher demand for tickets for this game. I’m sure Thomas, Hamza, KDH for example have had plenty of requests for tickets. This will all come off the allocation. If box holders get 4 per box, I’m sure players will be getting a minimum of 10 each 

Edited by alanf0x

11 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

And the system actually works.

It also gives people outside the highest priority an opportunity to get 30% of the ticket allocation through a ballot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Craig said:

One thing to note though is that we get given an indication for each fixture how many caps (points) you need to be guaranteed a ticket, and how many are on each cap level. The transparency compared to what we get is another level. 

Yep, full visibility.

12 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Looks a great idea, minus the latter of picking up tickets with ID. Works for your fan working normal shifts in the local area, but when people live further away. And we have quite a few posters on here who live hours from the ground, to have to drive to just pick up a ticket seems a bit far

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Was just about to right the same thing about how they do the england tickets. Definitely better way .

I shouldn't having to be buying Aston villa tickets through my dad's account when he never goes away all because he got is season ticket years ago but it's pointless me even trying to build up my points as I can never catch up. 

• Like 1

I would be someone who loses out through only away ticket priority counting but I fully back it. 

Might improve the atmosphere as well seeing as at the minute the away games are only going to be people who already sit on their hands all game at home. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Looks a great idea, minus the latter of picking up tickets with ID. Works for your fan working normal shifts in the local area, but when people live further away. And we have quite a few posters on here who live hours from the ground, to have to drive to just pick up a ticket seems a bit far

“Looks a great idea” means Leicester won’t do it 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

I’m talking away games and competitions only

99% of home tickets are posted out, with only spot checks carried out 

why does this forum allow people to ask for references for away matches ,to sell tickets on, which just allows the seller to keep his points total higher, also a positive feedback for sellers (more encouragement), maybe the forum should have a look at itself as well as the club on away tickets, like somebody said earlier it is against the t and cs, 

9 hours ago, Craig said:

Yep

The FA have it nailed