Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Forest Away

On 22/01/2022 at 17:09, Jack1993 said:

I can’t see any fairer solution to 1 point per game attended. I don’t think this will ever happen because the people that benefit the most from the current system are the people that will be hardest hit if it changes, similarly the people that currently suffer the most would be the ones that benefit the most from the change. 

There is a word for it and I’m sure somebody more intelligent than me can tell me what that word is; 

Whichever way the points are done there will always be a large group of fans that are happy with the system and a large group of people that suffer because of it however it’s easier to do nothing and let the newer away going fans suffer because the club have not actually caused this problem themselves (not knowingly anyway). 

Alternatively if they change the system to 1 point per game a large number of fans will lose a privilege that they believe has been given to them fairly, meaning that the club making a decision has directly affected a large number of fans negatively (even though it’s the right decision). 

Objectively getting one point for every game that you attend no matter where it is is fair. The ticket office should be blind to your personal circumstances… 

“I can’t get to every home game as I live X amount of miles away” 

is the same as

”I can’t go to away games as they’re all X amount of miles away”

Some people do both (or would do both given the opportunity) and they are the fans that should be rewarded. 

“What about loyalty? I’ve been a season ticket for X amount of years” - 

Well that’s great but there’s thousands of people that aren’t able to be loyal due to the unavailability of season tickets and their low priority points. Let’s give everyone 1 point per game and see who is objectively more loyal a fan with a system that directly awards you for going to a game and supporting your team. 

“Well all the new fans have only been coming since we’ve been doing well” - 1) You don’t know that for certain and 2) How well were Leicester doing when you started attending? How old were you? How often did you go? 

Unless we ask every season ticket holder those same questions, put it in a big chart and kick some people out who started going in 99, 2000, 2014 then it’s unfair to ask new fans the same questions. 

If you’re as loyal as you say you are, you’ll be at the top of the list when the figures are altered to 1 point per game so you’ll have no problems, new fans need a fair way to get on the ladder. 

When I was 17 I could just turn up to games without thinking about it, away games were easy to get tickets for…  imagine being 17 now with no way in. 

Sorry for arguing with myself for 15 minutes. I know the word “Suffering” is a bit over the top but I was on a bloody roll. 

You know I’m right. (Maybe 2 points for European aways) 

love you all individually and as a group 🥰

1 point per game attended and no blanket 50 points a season for being a ST holder is the fairest way. Thankfully there's rumours swirling that this will be the case sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

1 point per game attended and no blanket 50 points a season for being a ST holder is the fairest way. Thankfully there's rumours swirling that this will be the case sooner rather than later. 

As a season ticket holder, I agree this is the fairest way to do it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue717 said:

Do box owners get so many away tickets for having a box? Or do they also need the required points? 

Not sure whether Box Holders are included in the Hospitality ticket allocation but these are dished out based on heirachy and spend. There is no points system in Hospitality which is very poor as the Forest game has highlighted the fact that regular purchasers of away tickets have been leapfrogged by fly by nights or those buying for mates. Was the same for FA Cup Final tickets.

2 hours ago, K1FOX said:

We’ll know within 30 seconds of walking into the away end if it’s gonna be any good or not. 95% of the time in our ends you look around and you know it’s going to be like engaging with a brick wall for 90 mins 

Villa I walked in and thought right this is going to be belting, sadly It wasn't.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Villa I walked in and thought right this is going to be belting, sadly It wasn't.

It wasn't awful but thought it was one of them where a lot of the away end were just too drunklol Leeds fell into the same bracket I think this year. 

Edited by ren
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ren said:

It wasn't awful but was thought it was one of them where a lot of the away end were just too drunklol Leeds fell into the same bracket I think this year. 

I don't think Leeds was as bad as what people made out on here. But wherever we go the concourse is more lively, shame the same people don't replicate it in the stands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ry.cunningham.5 said:

Has anyones forest tickets arrived yet?bit concerned as Burnley ones never turned up after ordering

1 hour ago, Foxes1 said:

Mine haven't arrived yet

45 minutes ago, floz said:

Nor mine. 

Niether have mine.