Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Forest Away

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It's the weighting of the season ticket at 50 points. I can see that as someone who profits from that. 

It has to be somewhere between 10 and 15 - then there's a realistic chance someone who goes every away game will catch up during the season (which by logic as the season progresses the games mean more). 

I'd more than happy to see every rounds of the cup be worthy of a point. I'd lose out occasionally personally with travel etc, so I choose not to go but gives a sensible, logical route for people to build points. Take Randers at home, looks like we will do well to get 20k there. 

Which reminds me.

To refer back to the England Supporters Travel Club, you get 1 cap for renewing your membership 

10-15 is still very very high

40 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Keep it simple…1 point per away game. Having a season ticket or not is irrelevant. Should be on how many away games you go too. 

It's not irrelevant though is it?

I agree that too much weighting is given to season tickets on the system, but STHs are putting 400 quid into the club every season. That should be rewarded.

• Like 3

The issue of how the points are calculated is an obviously related but somewhat seperate issue to Forest and whether the tickets that should have gone on sale for this match were actually avaiable.
As someone who was able to fairly easily get a fa cup final ticket despite the mergre allocation I was nowhere near getting a ticket for this, something has gone wrong somewhere.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Osavo said:

I agree that too much weighting is given to season tickets on the system, but STHs are putting 400 quid into the club every season. That should be rewarded.

I get your point, but couldn't members argue that they are paying a member ship fee then almost twice as much per game for the same matches as a season ticket holder is attending? 

The other issue now is that we're not ina situation anymore where people are choosing not to have a season ticket. It's that they can't get one. 

• Like 3

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Really tricky one this who should get tickets lark.

I definitely agree with more transparency.

I'm not sure that "away" and "home" fans should be treated like two different species, as if one is better than the other, when many other factors can come into it (not least available £££).

My dad went home and away through the sixties and seventies, a break through the eighties to have kids (me) and then plenty of aways in the nineties. A season ticket solidly since they were a thing. 

If would be great if he could go to forest again while he is still fit and able, but no chance.

I also think conversely that it is vital that the YOOF get a fair share to encourage new blood, my away days when I was 14/15 were absolutely magic. Stood on the Kippax when I was eleven!

So perhaps age brackets could also be taken into consideration as well as away priority, a portion for the reward of the longest suffering and a portion for the encouragement of the young.

I'm pretty much just thinking aloud and I now regret writing all this drivel.

I'm aware there are issues with the "coach 1" brigade, that may or may not help / hinder my badly thought out word salad.

I think season ticket points are too high, compared to 1 point per away game. Also, historical points should lose value over time. You could multiply the season ticket point by 1/n where n is how many years ago the season ticket was. So if you had a season ticket 5 years ago, that ticket would be worth 50 x 1/5, so 10 points. That type of thing. 

Membership could also have a points value as some percentage of a season ticket. Say with ⅓ of season ticket points with past seasons devaluing in the same way. 

At the moment, if you got a season ticket 7 years ago, rather than 8, that makes a 50 point difference. 50 extra away matches over 7 years to make up for not having a season ticket one season 8 years ago is just too much.

Points for away games actually attended could hold their value, to give them some gradually improving status versus season tickets, over time.

Set this up right and:

Season ticket holders would have some advantage, which is reasonable; members still get some benefit, and if they become season ticket holders, their situation would gradually improve over time; actually going to lots of away games would mean the gap to season ticket holders could be closed and, over time, attended matches become more important and children would have a chance of building up relative points, relatively quickly.

I would say that as a season ticket holder, if you are committed to going to all home games, you might not plan to go to as many away games as someone who doesn't get to go to many home games as they can't get home tickets easily. So getting a points advantage for that is reasonable.

In terms of points, season tickets worth 30 points (for present season) and membership worth 10 points. So, if as a member you go to 10 more away games than a season ticket holder, you are effectively level for last season. Seem about right? Over time, the away games attended will gradually mean that the points earned would be relatively better compared to the season ticket holder.

I think this kind of thing, with the right values worked out, could work pretty 

If a member was going to 15 games per season and a season ticket holder none, the member would overtake a season ticket holder in season 3, for example. 

Pts      1        2      3
season ticket    55      30    15    10
games attn                
member            63.3    10     5    3.3
games attn                   15    15    15

Edited by FOXSE
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Significant more games to catch up though between England and club teams 

26 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

True

Though we get 2 caps per game, but your point still stands even then.

2 caps for home games, 1 for away.

Caps run on a 4 year cycle I think, so after 4 years, the first 2 years are wiped and another 2 years is started. Currently on 6 caps myself, hoping to be 20+ or so by the time Germany 2024 arrives.

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

2 caps for home games, 1 for away.

Caps run on a 4 year cycle I think, so after 4 years, the first 2 years are wiped and another 2 years is started. Currently on 6 caps myself, hoping to be 20+ or so by the time Germany 2024 arrives.

It’s 2 caps home and away isn’t it still?

It used to be 1 per home game, 2 away then they changed it about 8 years ago

My workmate joined up after the Final in July, he’s got 4 caps. He’ll be absolutely fine for Germany- Which is why this system works so well 

You used to have to do one away game too, to be eligible for tournament tickets, but I haven’t a clue if that’s still a thing or not

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s 2 caps home and away isn’t it still?

It used to be 1 per home game, 2 away then they changed it about 8 years ago

My workmate joined up after the Final in July, he’s got 4 caps. He’ll be absolutely fine for Germany 

You used to have to do one away game too, to be eligible for tournament tickets, but I haven’t a clue if that’s still a thing or not

You may be right mate, I've not done an away yet but was told it's 2 for home and 1 for away. @Ashley will know :) There's loads of lads on an odd number of caps, so something must be worth 1 cap lol https://www.thefa.com/england/mens-seniors/capstable

Think it was changed because similar to LCFC, it's a closed shop. The same 2k fans with the highest caps would attend San Marino, Andorra, Gilbraltar etc. every game, so those at the bottom stood no chance of catching up. This way at least the home caps are worth more.

I joined after the final as well with a mate, so we should be fine for Germany. 2 more friendlies announced for March, so I'll be on 10 caps by the time I've done them.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You may be right mate, I've not done an away yet but was told it's 2 for home and 1 for away. @Ashley will know :) There's loads of lads on an odd number of caps, so something must be worth 1 cap lol https://www.thefa.com/england/mens-seniors/capstable

Think it was changed because similar to LCFC, it's a closed shop. The same 2k fans with the highest caps would attend San Marino, Andorra, Gilbraltar etc. every game, so those at the bottom stood no chance of catching up. This way at least the home caps are worth more.

I joined after the final as well with a mate, so we should be fine for Germany. 2 more friendlies announced for March, so I'll be on 10 caps by the time I've done them.

The odd caps are probably through renewing the membership whereby you’re awarded one cap. 

Away match tickets are distributed by 70% of the allocation going to the highest cappers (of those who have applied for the game) The other 30% of tickets go to a ballot for the fans who missed out because they weren’t in the top 70%.

Obviously that system requires luck, but it does work. 

Before Covid the FA used to secure a decent away match in February with a big allocation (Germany/France etc) to aid the lower cappers to increase their total. 

There was a rumour we were playing Germany away in Feb, until we drew them in the Nations League, so we’re not allowed to play them now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Osavo said:

I would expect that 95% of fans that go away are season ticket holders anyway 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bart said:

The issue of how the points are calculated is an obviously related but somewhat seperate issue to Forest and whether the tickets that should have gone on sale for this match were actually avaiable.
As someone who was able to fairly easily get a fa cup final ticket despite the mergre allocation I was nowhere near getting a ticket for this, something has gone wrong somewhere.

Same here…. Got FA CUP tickets…. Not even a sniff here…. Gutted 

15 hours ago, bart said:

Yes but the FA Cup final windows were bizarrely low, people were bagging tickets on a handful of away points. I was surprised it went so low down the priority, presumably all due to covid and the buses etc. Comparing Forest (now) to the Final (then) is probably not an even comparison given the shift in climate.

• Like 1

1 point for home games, 2 for away (maybe 3 for ‘undesirable’ aways like Palace, Southampton, etc.

It’s only a minor aspect of the 50 points issue, but to get a ST you need to go to most home games anyway for a good few years. That should count for something towards away priority, which would be solved with the above. And cap it for 3/4/5 years instead of bloody 8.

I started a thread last year about how the system could be improved, before it got shat on and killed by the same old arguments: “Go to the likes of Brighton, Palace, Southampton for a few years, then you’ll be fine for a ticket for Villa.” Missing the point and ignoring the facts in spectacular fashion.