Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Depends on what the club are going to target as a replacement though

If it is a young kid who doesn't cost much then fair enough, but if the club are planning on an expensive buy to replace, there is nothing they can really do until he actually goes

We've been looking for a replacement since at least November last year. He will be gone in the summer if not in January. If it is the summer I don't expect us to get more than around 20-30 million tops.

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t think you’re completely wrong in your assessment of Jacobs. He does seem to be a bandwagon jumper when stories start gathering pace.

However, Brendan’s comments and Fab tweeting those comments suggest Youri’s team behind the scenes are trying to get interest. 

Oh yeah I don't doubt that for one second. It's just that he's also trying to pawn off his interpretations into the situation as facts.

I'm just leaning back and enjoying the Arsenal lot deluding themselves into thinking Youri is actually joining them or even interested. His agent talking to Arsenal only serves one purpose: pump his price up for summer when the actual big boys come calling.

32 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Is it just me who thinks this Ben Jacobs bloke is a bit full of shite?

Basically leeched onto the scoop that one Arsenal journo put out the other day, then added a tweet of Fabrizio which was basically him just putting Brendo's presser quotes from yesterday and made it look like he's got some massive new pieces of information.

You're not alone.

44 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Basically leeched onto the scoop that one Arsenal journo put out the other day, then added a tweet of Fabrizio which was basically him just putting Brendo's presser quotes from yesterday and made it look like he's got some massive new pieces of information.

He’s one of us btw 

Born and bred 

his original tweet was before Brendan’s Burnley presser 

I think his only insight was that arsenal liked YT when at Monaco and arteta likes him (how he knows that?). The claim is that youri’s people have met with someone representing arsenal to discuss what personal terms would be required if they wanted to buy him ?  this kind of stuff has to go on all of the time as personal negotiations need to be sorted on lots of possible signings that clubs could have in the pipeline.  I would have thought that tielemans wants to have something concrete to use in negs with other clubs as a base point. 

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

If one club offers £20m more than another club, we probably wouldn't accept the lower offer.

...if the player wishes to go to that club and he is running down his contract, there is very little you can do!!!

You will have a very unhappy player on your hands, every game he has, which is under par will be viewed as him not wanting to be here. That spreads to the players, who knows what he is going through, and hope they do not end up in that situation down the line.

The best we can do would be to try to improve the price, or some part of the deal, such as asking the player to forgo his loyalty bonus.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

And then what ?  We keep an unhappy player who has to stay until the end of his contract and leave for nothing?

No. I didn't know you were assuming the higher offer was from a club he didn't want to join.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if the player wishes to go to that club and he is running down his contract, there is very little you can do!!!

You will have a very unhappy player on your hands, every game he has, which is under par will be viewed as him not wanting to be here. That spreads to the players, who knows what he is going through, and hope they do not end up in that situation down the line.

The best we can do would be to try to improve the price, or some part of the deal, such as asking the player to forgo his loyalty bonus.

We just have to get as much as we can for him. Accept the highest bid from a club he's interested in joining.

I'd rather sell for a half decent price than keep him here another year and let him go for free. As you say - I doubt his heart would be in it for that final year, and we can't really afford to lose out on the fee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox1norfolk said:

£20 million extra, it would not be his decision !  

....just to clarify:

If there are 2 clubs, one which has a bid for £60m and another for £40m  and Youri wanted to go to the team with the lower bid, then there is not much the club (we) can do. The club can say no, but have an unhappy player on their hands.

If the second club (£40m bidder) are not willing to move from their original bid but the first club increased their bid by a further £20m, it would make no difference as the player (Youri) does not want to go there.

Youri is the one in control in this situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I am not saying that is how we are going to look at replacing him!!!

Of course there are variables, it is to be expected but the system we have so far utilised when acquiring players does eliminate a lot of those potential anomalies. I would suggest Rudkin has a list that he has been monitoring for sometime and is aware of each individual on there.

I'm picturing Rudders as Smithers in a factory of young players that are being carried around on hooks on a carousel for him to look at 🤔

39 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....just to clarify:

If there are 2 clubs, one which has a bid for £60m and another for £40m  and Youri wanted to go to the team with the lower bid, then there is not much the club (we) can do. The club can say no, but have an unhappy player on their hands.

If the second club (£40m bidder) are not willing to move from their original bid but the first club increased their bid by a further £20m, it would make no difference as the player (Youri) does not want to go there.

Couldn’t we bung Youri 10m from the extra 20m as an incentive?

Edit: More likely that the higher bidding club would do this anyway. I.e. they’d use the extra money they have (the 20m) to sweeten the pot for Youri rather than up the offer to LCFC. He’d be the one they have to persuade, not us.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

Don't we all assume in the forum.

Besides, point being the club have left it late and tielemans isn't signing a new contract. 

I suppose it depends. You appear to be having a go at the club over an assumption.

I'm sure we've had this conversation before. It's possible that the club aren't at fault, isn't it? It could be the case that Youri is keeping his options open. He might not have made his mind up yet. He might have led the club to believe that he might sign a new contract.

I happen to think that he does intend to leave, but we've got no idea what he's said to the club, have we? Seems odd to bash the club over something that only exists in your mind.

49 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

No. I didn't know you were assuming the higher offer was from a club he didn't want to join.

We just have to get as much as we can for him. Accept the highest bid from a club he's interested in joining.

I'd rather sell for a half decent price than keep him here another year and let him go for free. As you say - I doubt his heart would be in it for that final year, and we can't really afford to lose out on the fee.

This is the problem though, we shouldn't have let the situation with our best players run down to 12 months!!!! He was worth a fortune last summer and we should've sold him or gave him another contract then!

As soon as last summers transfer window ended, we've now lost tens of millions of pounds messing around.

Just now, UHDrive said:

This is the problem though, we shouldn't have let the situation with our best players run down to 12 months!!!! He was worth a fortune last summer and we should've sold him or gave him another contract then!

As soon as last summers transfer window ended, we've now lost tens of millions of pounds messing around.

I think a contract was offered a long while ago, but I do see your point. Perhaps the club decided that the hit on the transfer fee was worth it for another year of his services. Maybe we wanted to have a look at KDH and/or Soumare in the PL before deciding. Maybe there were no clubs willing to offer a fee worth considering.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

....so what you are saying is a player who is almost midway through his contract should be sold, unless they renew their contract!!!

That is not going to happen, it is not a good policy for your existing squad and any new acquisitions.

30 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

He didn’t want another contract then and he’d have been foolish to sign one then with the way we play hardball over transfer fees. We also offered him a contract at the beginning of the season and have clearly been trying to work something out. 

We’ve probably gotten more time from Youri than we ever expected— sometimes this is just how things work out. And as the saying goes: ‘Tis better to have loved and lost a player on a Bosman than never to have loved at all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TommyK said:

If we get a crazy offer he goes now. 

The club is really kind of locked into mid table given their injury situation plus some clubs around them like Villa are making moves. With a top 5 finish unlikely, with the right offer you may be able to get a better fee now vs the summer. I woudn't rule out him leaving this month.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....just to clarify:

You may be right. However, 3 years ago I went to a lecture given by a very high profile ex international who had retired and he described the transfer system with some clarity. He was called into the Managers office after training and was told where he was going, no option, no debate, goodbye.

10 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

You may be right. However, 3 years ago I went to a lecture given by a very high profile ex international who had retired and he described the transfer system with some clarity. He was called into the Managers office after training and was told where he was going, no option, no debate, goodbye.

....it sounds very much like Matt Pipers exit from our club!!!

He was called in and was informed Sunderland I believe had put in a bid and the board had approved it and he needed to get up there to conclude the transfer. He was instructed that he needed to go in order to help to pay the wages of the staff as without this sale they would be struggling to meet their obligation to their staff. He (Piper) sought advice from Matt Elliot on the training pitch in tears as he did not wish to go.

The Bosman ruling, I believe, turned everything round and handed so much power to players.

Edited by sacreblueits442

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it sounds very much like Matt Pipers exit from our club!!!

He was called in and was informed Sunderland I believe had put in a bid and the board had approved it and he needed to get up there to conclude the transfer. He was instructed that he needed to go in order to help to pay the wages of the staff as without this sale they would be struggling to meet their obligation to their staff. He (Piper) sought advice from Matt Elliot on the training pitch in tears as he did not wish to go.

The Bosman ruling, I believe, turned everything round and handed so much power to players.

The Bosman ruling came into effect before Piper left.

9 hours ago, LFox99 said:

100%. He has a history of utter bullshit. 

• Like 2