Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

I’d issue a “come and get him” plea and then see who coughs is closest to £50m….

What we don’t want is United sell Donny Van De Beek, and then come for Youri, because we could have sold Youri to United and loaned in VDB.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

No one on this country will move for him now. City want Kane so they will probably make a late move for him. And then the rest will just wait until the summer, where his value drops. 

We can only hope Madrid come in before the window closes, or maybe Barca as they seem to be on a bit of a shopping spree. 

I assume any potentially interested club would have been watching him closely and noticed that he does not maintain a consistent high standard. Youri is very durable player with few injuries so that cannot be an excuse. He is on the face of it a very high class player but his game is vulnerable to a close press and that means most of the teams in the premiership. If you give him room , he is extremely dangerous so most team don't. In Italy he would have more space and although defences there are usually much better organised , his intelligence would still give him opportunities to be effective. He could establish himself there as one of the worlds leading midfielders.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

No one on this country will move for him now. City want Kane so they will probably make a late move for him. And then the rest will just wait until the summer, where his value drops. 

We can only hope Madrid come in before the window closes, or maybe Barca as they seem to be on a bit of a shopping spree. 

I'm sure that City would want Kane but I wouldn't expect them to move for him when they already have Vardy, Daka and Nacho :thumbup:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, AKCJ said:

If he has to stay in England then I'd most like it to be Man City. Doesn't affect us and likely makes them take more points off our rivals. 

.....Man. City doesn't need him, they just keep on buying everything they see but after all this money, they can't win the big prize!!!

Champions League keeps passing them by and you figure it will continue irrespective of how many League titles they win.

• Like 1

Can Youri deal with the pressure of playing at a massive club. He really struggled in Monaco. Struggles here sometimes when it’s a bit tough. I don’t know if he is cut out for it mentally. 

It would be good to keep him on good terms. He shines in a smaller pond and could be a sale, flop and a potential return within a year. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....is that because you do not approve of a wind up, or do you really believe the acquisition of Berardi is not a good idea!!!

Nothing against Beradi. We need CBs right now and with limited cash a RW isn't a priority just now. I'm OK with wind ups, usually. 

48 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

So what's the crack with Youri then?

No move, see out his contract here putting in 80% effort to avoid serious injury and then a cut price deal in summer?

FFS.

We might keep him right up to the end of his contract in 2023 but I expect him to give us our moneysworth because he is real pro and is proud of his reputation.

3 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

What a stupid idea if so

Burnley are doing it with Tarkowski it seems. If Youri helps us back into the top six it will be worth it. PSG are giving up a huge amount with Mbappe.

Edited by An Sionnach

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Burnley are doing it with Tarkowski it seems. If Youri helps us back into the top six it will be worth it. PSG are giving up a huge amount with Mbappe.

Burnley are doing it as relegation would cost more than how much they would get for Tarkowski. And PSG have mega rich owners so money isnt a big deal to them. For us, losing Tielemans for nothing makes it very difficult to replace him if we don't have any money. We should take £50m in the summer if anyone will pay it, even if it means selling him to Newcastle, although I doubt he'd go there. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Burnley are doing it as relegation would cost more than how much they would get for Tarkowski. And PSG have mega rich owners so money isnt a big deal to them. For us, losing Tielemans for nothing makes it very difficult to replace him if we don't have any money. We should take £50m in the summer if anyone will pay it, even if it means selling him to Newcastle, although I doubt he'd go there. 

I would agree with taking £50 million for him but Youri might opt for staying and get the signing on fee. He doesn't have to leave in the summer. It would give us more time to arrange his successor and we might find the right man where nobody else is looking.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I would agree with taking £50 million for him but Youri might opt for staying and get the signing on fee. He doesn't have to leave in the summer. It would give us more time to arrange his successor and we might find the right man where nobody else is looking.

Maybe but difficult to find the right man when we clearly have no money. Any new signings will have to be funded by player sales. 

32 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I don’t Youri will get us into the top 6 though doesn’t seem all that likely he will too much of a game to miss out on 30M or so if not. PSG can afford it financially, Burnley are being very risky I think

On 27/01/2022 at 00:51, Mickyblueeyes said:

Can Youri deal with the pressure of playing at a massive club. He really struggled in Monaco. Struggles here sometimes when it’s a bit tough. I don’t know if he is cut out for it mentally. 

It would be good to keep him on good terms. He shines in a smaller pond and could be a sale, flop and a potential return within a year. 

Whilst that could be true - people deal with pressure in different ways - it's unlikely that he'll see it that way himself.