Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

On 26/01/2022 at 21:48, sacreblueits442 said:

.....Man. City doesn't need him, they just keep on buying everything they see but after all this money, they can't win the big prize!!!

Champions League keeps passing them by and you figure it will continue irrespective of how many League titles they win.

There's something innately tedious about Manchester City's cash-fuelled striving to win the CL. Maybe it's the insipid colour of their strip or the incessant lauding of Guardiola by the media which makes them so unattractive an entity. Same with PSG.

It's also intriguing for me to see Liverpool only achieving domestic recognition for winning the Prem, rather than for having won the CL the prior year. That's how it appeared to me, anyway.

City's achievement in '15-'16 meant more to the global footballing community than any number of titles won by Man City. Back in the Shankly/Paisley/Dalgleish era the same kind of domination by Liverpool became repetitious too.

I agree completely with your estimation that he'd flourish in Italian football. Given the defensive qualities inherent in the home of Catenaccio, his rôle would shift away from any insistence he undertake defending - which he does halfheartedly anyway.

If he goes to Man City, his playing time would be limited.  He seems to be someone who needs to consistently play to sustain form.   I don't think he would make a massive difference at Man City but it would stop him being effective for another team.

However, he could make a difference at Liverpool.  

It would be great if he extended his contract here!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

There's something innately tedious about Manchester City's cash-fuelled striving to win the CL. Maybe it's the insipid colour of their strip or the incessant lauding of Guardiola by the media which makes them so unattractive an entity. Same with PSG.

It's also intriguing for me to see Liverpool only achieving domestic recognition for winning the Prem, rather than for having won the CL the prior year. That's how it appeared to me, anyway.

City's achievement in '15-'16 meant more to the global footballing community than any number of titles won by Man City. Back in the Shankly/Paisley/Dalgleish era the same kind of domination by Liverpool became repetitious too.

I agree completely with your estimation that he'd flourish in Italian football. Given the defensive qualities inherent in the home of Catenaccio, his rôle would shift away from any insistence he undertake defending - which he does halfheartedly anyway.

without detracting from the rest of your post I should mention his perfect positioning to head off the line and preserve a point against Brighton 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, surrifox said:

without detracting from the rest of your post I should mention his perfect positioning to head off the line and preserve a point against Brighton.

Just shows how good his instinct and awareness can be and how cool he is under pressure.

Juventus are apparently interested

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-star-sights-european-giants-prominent-profile-looked-club-want-big-transfer/

Leicester star ‘in the sights’ of European giants – ‘Prominent profile’ being looked at, club want big transfer

Having just signed Dusan Vlahovic for around €70m, Juventus have the striker position covered for a few years at the very least.

Next up for Max Allegri will be the midfield and the defence, where some changes are expected to take place in the coming transfer windows, especially if some of the current deadwood is sold.

Among the players being looked at, according to Corriere Torino, is Leicester City’s Youri Tielemans.

The Belgian, who was almost untouchable when the Foxes were flying high under Brendan Rodgers, circling around the Champions League spots, seems to be a bit more attainable these days, especially with the King Power Stadium based club currently languishing in mid-table.

Should that position not change between now and the summer, it could be time for Tielemans to try something new at a bigger club, so to speak, which is where Juventus would come in.

The newspaper explain that, going forward, the Serie A giants ‘will aim to score at least one great shot’, which is when the Leicester star is mentioned alongside Frenkie De Jong and Ryan Gravenberch as the ‘prominent profiles’ currently ‘in the sights’ of the Italians.

While this kind of story might have been dismissed in the past, the combination of Juventus’ newfound ambitions and the Foxes’ recent struggles certainly make it a bit more believable these days.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Juventus are apparently interested

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-star-sights-european-giants-prominent-profile-looked-club-want-big-transfer/

Leicester star ‘in the sights’ of European giants – ‘Prominent profile’ being looked at, club want big transfer

Having just signed Dusan Vlahovic for around €70m, Juventus have the striker position covered for a few years at the very least.

Next up for Max Allegri will be the midfield and the defence, where some changes are expected to take place in the coming transfer windows, especially if some of the current deadwood is sold.

Among the players being looked at, according to Corriere Torino, is Leicester City’s Youri Tielemans.

The Belgian, who was almost untouchable when the Foxes were flying high under Brendan Rodgers, circling around the Champions League spots, seems to be a bit more attainable these days, especially with the King Power Stadium based club currently languishing in mid-table.

Should that position not change between now and the summer, it could be time for Tielemans to try something new at a bigger club, so to speak, which is where Juventus would come in.

The newspaper explain that, going forward, the Serie A giants ‘will aim to score at least one great shot’, which is when the Leicester star is mentioned alongside Frenkie De Jong and Ryan Gravenberch as the ‘prominent profiles’ currently ‘in the sights’ of the Italians.

While this kind of story might have been dismissed in the past, the combination of Juventus’ newfound ambitions and the Foxes’ recent struggles certainly make it a bit more believable these days.

Living in the foothills of the alps by one of the Italian lakes ……..what’s not to like ??  Makes much more sense than arsenal! 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I could well see Tielemans there but I still think they'll end up with Pogba on a free again.

Depend on Pogba wages demands he's on 15m a year ar Man U, he's going to want more being on a free, maybe 20m a year for 4 years. 

That's 80m, even with a fee too us of 40m and wages Youri could work out cheaper.

I still hope he signs a new deal, but think that’s hugely unlikely and will think positively of him in the future. The man scored a worldie to win us the cup final.

but he should be nowhere near the captains armband while he wants away

• Like 1

"Too many players think they are top players but are a long way off," added Rodgers. "Some players may have achieved everything they can here.

if Rodgers is going to be making comments like that, it’s hard for us to not think he’s talking about Tielemans..  but whoever he meant, it’s going to be hard for him to pick them again.

Edited by MPH

23 minutes ago, MPH said:

"Too many players think they are top players but are a long way off," added Rodgers. "Some players may have achieved everything they can here.

if Rodgers is going to be making comments like that, it’s hard for us to not think he’s talking about Tielemans..  but whoever he meant, it’s going to be hard for him to pick them again.

He has called him one of the best midfielders in Europe this season lol so he’s just mugging himself off really if he’s thinking Tielemans