Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

17 hours ago, howie said:

Wouldn’t be good to see him play for another English club but I think that will be the only way we get anywhere near his true value.

If we sell him abroad this summer I can’t see us getting any more than £25m.

Tielemans has to be ine of our best signings ever but:

When he has a poor game it's like playing with ten players, and those poor games do happen quite regularly.

We stick with hime because we know he needs regular games to keep him at his peak. How many of the top teams in the world would be willing to do that?

Just read reports online that Arsenal have spoken to representatives of Tielemans regarding a summer transfer.

Presumably they must have asked permission from Leicester City because under FIFA and FA transfer rules Arsenal must first speak to Leicester and not with Tielemans or his representatives as this is illegal and considered as tapping up a player.

Feel saddened that the Leicester board as allowed this to happen personally and Arsenal have started the ball rolling towards getting him

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

9 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just read reports online that Arsenal have spoken to representatives of Tielemans regarding a summer transfer.

Presumably they must have asked permission from Leicester City because under FIFA and FA transfer rules Arsenal must first speak to Leicester and not with Tielemans or his representatives as this is illegal and considered as tapping up a player.

Feel saddened that the Leicester board as allowed this to happen personally and Arsenal have started the ball rolling towards getting him

It's tabloid click bait. Every window from the moment he arrived in Madrid the papers had Bale moving to Manchester United. It never happened. 

Last window it was Madders to Arsenal, next window it'll probably be Fofana. 

It's just toss to pander to Arsenal social media which is extremely active. 

• Like 4

I absolutely love the guy, but I won't be surprised if he moves on to Arsenal or another of the big six clubs (I just hope its not Spurs). Its a risk for him, but bearing in mind his contract situation, there's also a risk for us if he stays, and frankly, clubs like Arsenal undeniably have resources that we don't. He's a phenomenal player, but also seems like a composed, level-headed and endlessly hard-working guy - proper captain material - who wouldn't want him?

He's done an incredible job for us, and will always be a legend for that FA Cup final goal. I for one will clap him on, whoever he plays for. (And obviously, I continue to keep alive a faint wisp of hope that it will be for us.)

Edited by MonkeyTennis?

25 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

When you start with the aim of being saddened by the Leicester board...

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

I doubt very much he would join them without champions league football but if Arsenal do finish top 4 this season I could see it happening.

Arsenal are probably more attractive than we would like to admit. Remember it’s only just over a year that they convinced Partey to leave a la liga title challenge and champions league football to join them.

Its also not that long ago they attracted people like Ozil and Sanchez, players who are much higher profile than Youri. At the time of those signings I don’t think they were really any closer to winning the league than they are now.

31 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Is it illegal to speak to an agent about a player?  just chatting about what his situation will be after his contract has expired in 18 months ……..

they can’t theoretically speak about his situation whilst under contract at LCFC …….. but they will and no one can do anything about it because there is no proof that they have ….

We do it …. everyone does ……

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Arsenal is still historically a big club.  They still have money.  It’s a place where Tielemans is unlikely to struggle for regular starts as he might at one of the mega clubs.  People dismissing the chance of this happening are kidding themselves - it’s perfectly realistic.

Yeah, don’t get why people talk about them as if they’re Forest Green all of a sudden. Ginormous football club with lots of money and a lot more pull than people give them credit for. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Clubs employ intermediaries to informally negotiate behind the scenes to get around having to approach the selling club first. Most transfers happen that way now and the  agent acting on behalf of the club will make contact with the players agent to sound out whether the player would interested in joining and what contract they would be after. If the players not interested or wants a crazy  high wage they don't take things any further.

It could be the usual media BS to get Arsenal fans excited or Arsenal might be putting their feelers out for potential summer transfer targets. 

Edited by turlo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Let's be honest, we would be in the Europa at best by now anyway, probably out of Europe altogether, and in exactly the same position.

But maybe we could've attracted better personel with the pull of champions league football? 

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We can't say no because it'll happen anyway.

• Sad 1

We need to be prepared for this in the summer - I don't see anything happening this window. We want it to be concluded pretty quickly in the summer to be honest, if it delays until the start of the season then we'll be in a bit of a mess and we're potentially looking at another nothing season. Would be willing to accept a smaller fee if we can get it done and dusted early doors - not saying we should accept pittance though.

It will be interesting to see what offers come in though. If the right club don't make the move then Youri may start leaning towards running down his contract and having his choice of suitors after the world cup. I think the scenario mentioned above where we try and get him to sign something with a release then would probably make sense else we'd be in a bizarre position of LCFC wanting to sell him and Youri wanting to stay. We just can't lose an asset like this for nothing - doesn't fit with our model at all.

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Not turned us down yet and deal still on the table then

I know I am probably naively hoping but I'm taking all the positives from that! I guess he will see what options happen in the summer transfer window but is happy to stay if there isn't anything he likes? 🙏🙏🤞🤞

I presuming also he hasn't completely turned a contract down...

Edited by Hales

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If we ignore this as papertalk BS or agent chinese whispers 1st then forget about all the other things that bolt around a legitimate transfer negotiation & just take it as they asked & we said ok then what else can we do, we don't really hold a full hand.
If we said no then we lose another 6mths of his contract & any future fee & when (if) we do have to sell & its for a minimal amount more than we paid we would then get another comment along the same lines, how can the board let it get to this why didn't we sell sooner for a larger fee.

• Like 1