Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

George Hirst

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Poor hirst.  We pay him do much that no championship club will buy him... he is forced to rome from club to club trying to get games . In the long run this will stagnate his development.  We should not have given him the big contract.

...he should see it as a release!!!

This could be the best thing that could have happened to him.

On 05/01/2023 at 20:52, filbertway said:

image.png.06159b18cb23336161381befb145b81b.png

This sounds like a good few on here lol

"There's no possible way you could be right and someone in the pro game be wrong about something"

After all, managers famously never get sacked for under performance.

Had that line thrown at me a few times on here when I questioned the signings of Ward, Musa, Benalouane, etc. :)

Also got ridiculed for using the fans of the previous club as a barometer on a player and that proves to be right more often than not. 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Option to buy I expect

Maybe obligation if they get promoted and he plays a certain amount of games etc

Thanks. Hopefully the move will reinvigorate him. I've watched him come through the ranks and on dev squad game days on lcfc site. Always found him great when playing centrally and picking up the ball slightly into centre mid.

1 hour ago, TheRovers said:

We’re buying jelly and ice cream in bulk here in Blackburn preparing for this to be announced. 

I like you lot. Really enjoyed watching you win the league. Would always favour you to win in the Prem given a choice. But I won’t forgive you for this loan for a long time to come. 

Do you dislike us or Chris Brown more?😂

1 hour ago, TheRovers said:

We’re buying jelly and ice cream in bulk here in Blackburn preparing for this to be announced. 

I like you lot. Really enjoyed watching you win the league. Would always favour you to win in the Prem given a choice. But I won’t forgive you for this loan for a long time to come. 

Ok chap don’t forgive your team for 31 years ago for breaking my heart at Wembley 😢

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Just his lack of goals you lot hated or was there more to it?

Chris Brown’s problem was by all accounts he could do the hard work. He was athletic enough and occasionally found himself in the right position but couldn’t finish the simplest opportunity. As he missed the hard ones it was OK, once he started missing the ‘should have scored’ ones he confidence was completely shot, which resulted in him missing the absolute bankers. 

Hirst’s problem is he’s seemingly unwilling to do any of the hard work and yet still misses the ‘should have scored’ one’s. 

I hope it works out for him, I obviously don’t wish to see someone fail. Ipswich might be the answer. I just can’t watch him aimlessly walking around Ewood Park making what looks like little to no effort, then miss a simple chance any longer. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, TheRovers said:

Chris Brown’s problem was by all accounts he could do the hard work. He was athletic enough and occasionally found himself in the right position but couldn’t finish the simplest opportunity. As he missed the hard ones it was OK, once he started missing the ‘should have scored’ ones he confidence was completely shot, which resulted in him missing the absolute bankers. 

Hirst’s problem is he’s seemingly unwilling to do any of the hard work and yet still misses the ‘should have scored’ one’s. 

I hope it works out for him, I obviously don’t wish to see someone fail. Ipswich might be the answer. I just can’t watch him aimlessly walking around Ewood Park making what looks like little to no effort, then miss a simple chance any longer. 

... if there was one thing I  would not associate with Hirst and that is, he is lazy!!!

If that was his approach to games, he must have been so unhappy in his environment, as out of everything that he is, lazy is not one of them.

He works his socks off, from minute 1 to 90, I hope you get to see the real player at Ipswich. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... if there was one thing I  would not associate with Hirst and that is, he is lazy!!!

If that was his approach to games, he must have been so unhappy in his environment, as out of everything that he is, lazy is not one of them.

He works his socks off, from minute 1 to 90, I hope you get to see the real player at Ipswich. 

He may well just hate it here. The fans are certainly on his back and he seemingly can’t catch a break. Like I said, I hope he does well at Ipswich… and whoever replaces him here does better. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Gone Ipswich 

Screenshot_20230108_193531_Twitter.jpg

No way a League One team can afford his wages, so congrats to whoever at the club thought putting this guy on a packet was a good idea. 

Another strain on the system we don’t need.

• Haha 1

Hirst doesn't appear to have anything like the required attitude or mentality to succeed in the game, especially to play PL level, and seems like he's simply forged a career on the back of his dad's name - wonder whose idea it was to put him on big money? Do the club think he will suddenly kick on and become some great striker? Because I certainly can't see it. He's already 23 and had one single decent stint in League 1.

7 hours ago, indierich06 said:

Hirst doesn't appear to have anything like the required attitude or mentality to succeed in the game, especially to play PL level, and seems like he's simply forged a career on the back of his dad's name - wonder whose idea it was to put him on big money? Do the club think he will suddenly kick on and become some great striker? Because I certainly can't see it. He's already 23 and had one single decent stint in League 1.

.. not sure about the big money part, seems the club may have just extended his contract so as to get some money when we sell him!!!

I can't agree on the attitude or mentality part, an honest player through and through.