Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

George Hirst

Danny Cowley sets sights on permanent Portsmouth stay for Leicester City and ex-Sheffield Wednesday youngster
Danny Cowley hailed George Hirst’s best performance in a Pompey shirt – and set his sights on signing him permanently.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/danny-cowley-sets-sights-on-permanent-pompey-stay-for-leicester-city-youngster-3592471

• Like 1

If he's got 2 years or more left, I'd definitely keep him and try him back in the championship. 

It seems to me that he had a crisis of confidence at Rotherham, feeling responsible for their league position while he wasn't contributing. 

I know it doesn't work for everyone but KDH has shown that the right loan, the right circumstances, can transform a player.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm going by the player index on Foxestalk which is normally spot on.

He signed in 2019, I doubt we gave him a 5 year contract 

The player index on FoxesTalk currently has Amarteys contract as running out this summer which isn't true

With how much effort the club went through to get him I doubt they will have only given him a 3 year deal

I imagine he may have been given a 4 year contract and then we have an option to extend for 1 year

Edited by moore_94

29 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We can probably get our money back from Sheffield Wednesday . He would be a regular starter for them I would think. As far as I can tell Rodgers has written him off.

Sheff Wed would never take him back after how he left

And I wouldn’t say Rodgers has written him off, he is going out on loan to get regular first team football which he needs, last season it didn’t work out with Rotherham but he looks to be improving at Portsmouth

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ts_1010 said:

If he's got 2 years or more left, I'd definitely keep him and try him back in the championship. 

It seems to me that he had a crisis of confidence at Rotherham, feeling responsible for their league position while he wasn't contributing. 

I know it doesn't work for everyone but KDH has shown that the right loan, the right circumstances, can transform a player.

....more like they have stopped pigeonholeing him and seen his quality on the ground!!!

Great to see the change in his fortunes, and he will take this on to much better things.

Edited by sacreblueits442

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Give him another season on loan and then get him back here for the 23/24 season, he's started to find his feet feet, creating chances and banging the goals in. 

No idea why but I’m laughing out loud at “feet feet”. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Give him another season on loan and then get him back here for the 23/24 season, he's started to find his feet feet, creating chances and banging the goals in. 

As long as we get him back before he his 30 that should be OK.

• Like 1