Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

George Hirst

Ipswich Town have seen a bid for Leicester City striker George Hirst knocked back by the Premier League club, The News has reported.
Portsmouth brought Hirst in on loan this time last year, and after a sluggish start to life at Fratton Park, the striker burst into life in 2022.

The Leicester City man managed 15 goals and three assists in 46 goals for Pompey. He became a firm favourite among the Fratton Park faithful and has been heavily linked with a return to Hampshire this summer, though a move is yet to materialise.

https://the72.co.uk/2022/07/08/ipswich-town-see-bid-for-23-year-old-premier-league-ace-rejected-l1-rivals-remain-keen/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

Ipswich Town have seen a bid for Leicester City striker George Hirst knocked back by the Premier League club, The News has reported.
Portsmouth brought Hirst in on loan this time last year, and after a sluggish start to life at Fratton Park, the striker burst into life in 2022.

The Leicester City man managed 15 goals and three assists in 46 goals for Pompey. He became a firm favourite among the Fratton Park faithful and has been heavily linked with a return to Hampshire this summer, though a move is yet to materialise.

https://the72.co.uk/2022/07/08/ipswich-town-see-bid-for-23-year-old-premier-league-ace-rejected-l1-rivals-remain-keen/

I wonder what the most Ipswich Town could afford... given his form at the end of the season, you would think he would have his eyes on the Championship.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

not surprised. he’s our new right winger 😂

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

He's 23.  Scored a bunch in League One.  Is it time to take what we can get?

I've watched him for a few years now. People mention championship for him but I dont think he's pacey or mobile enough.

Sell off the back of last season.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I've watched him for a few years now. People mention championship for him but I dont think he's pacey or mobile enough.

Sell off the back of last season.

Steve Howard-esq! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, TheRovers said:

I’ve just tracked down this forum, joined and posted to confirm that George Hirst is arguably the worst forward I’ve seen play for Rovers for the past 10 years. Significantly worse than Chris Brown and it amazed me that he was a footballer. Hirst offers no threat at all and doesn’t have a single redeeming feature. If you folks can get a pound for him I’d be impressed, we’re doing everything we can to return him to you 1st Jan. 

Do you need a goalkeeper? I think we could do a deal for Danny Ward. You know it makes sense! 

14 minutes ago, TheRovers said:

I’ve just tracked down this forum, joined and posted to confirm that George Hirst is arguably the worst forward I’ve seen play for Rovers for the past 10 years. Significantly worse than Chris Brown and it amazed me that he was a footballer. Hirst offers no threat at all and doesn’t have a single redeeming feature. If you folks can get a pound for him I’d be impressed, we’re doing everything we can to return him to you 1st Jan. 

Clearly a preface to a low ball permanent bid, nice try….   :P

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Do you need a goalkeeper? I think we could do a deal for Danny Ward. You know it makes sense! 

Never heard of him, but I’d play Danny Ward centre forward before having to sit through another minute of George Hirst aimlessly wandering around and falling over his own feet. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheRovers said:

I've heard Chris Brown say how much you lot hated him, so Hirst must have made an impression 😂

Edited by Tommy Fresh

2 hours ago, TheRovers said:

Cheers - we knew this. One poster on he reckoned he was PL level, that was fun

1 hour ago, alanf0x said:

Another mad decision by the club offering him a bumper pay rise prior to his loan departure! 

He won’t have had a pay rise. His wages will be paid 100% by Blackburn, we extended the contract to ensure that we’d get any transfer fee rather than let his contract run out. 

3 hours ago, TheRovers said:

What are you moaning about?!

He’s well up there in the percentiles for goals (especially away goals) with … well, zero.

So our advice to you would be to focus on the percentiles, rather than the actual football.  Thanks for visiting.

8C8C7722-D4D7-415B-BD40-C056C4F7A202.thumb.jpeg.14210ceb7179885920e7b3053b8c8714.jpeg

3 hours ago, TheRovers said:

Never heard of him, but I’d play Danny Ward centre forward before having to sit through another minute of George Hirst aimlessly wandering around and falling over his own feet. 

It's a deal, how much do you want us to pay you??