Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

George Hirst

13 minutes ago, surrifox said:

This ship has sailed by the look of it . The brief window when he wasn’t doggo and we could have got a fee ( weren’t Ipswich interested) has slammed shut 

...watched him in pre-season and I said the time that he looked overweight and was ponderous on the pitch!!!

Too many sessions in the weight room and bulking up. He must listen to people too much because he seemed like a player not comfortable in his own skin. Better he chooses to lose the bulk and get back to his natural weight.

If the worst thing that happens is he drops out of the league, someone may just pick him up for what he can do and not just hoof balls to him.

15 minutes ago, Tuna said:

40 games and 0 goals in the championship and 40 games and 13 goals in league one show you where this lad is at quality wise.

41 appearances in the Championship and yet has still only actually played 945 minutes, he has only ever started 6 games

Yes he has been pretty crap at Rotherham and Blackburn and he probably is only League One level but it doesn't help that he never gets a run of starts really

Portsmouth stuck with it and once he got going he got 11 goals and 2 assists in the 19 games after January

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

41 appearances in the Championship and yet has still only actually played 945 minutes, he has only ever started 6 games

Yes he has been pretty crap at Rotherham and Blackburn and he probably is only League One level but it doesn't help that he never gets a run of starts really

Portsmouth stuck with it and once he got going he got 11 goals and 2 assists in the 19 games after January

Portsmouth wanted him but as usual money was the barrier. We pay him too much.

Edited by An Sionnach

On 29/12/2022 at 06:42, Sly said:

This just needs to be written off as a bad transfer. Cut our losses and sel the bloke to league 1. 

Can we recall him from Blackburn? 

Sounds like a true Christmas miracle has happened and you’ve brought him back early, I’m not a religious man but if confirmed I’ll be praising the lord. 

3 minutes ago, TheRovers said:

Sounds like a true Christmas miracle has happened and you’ve brought him back early, I’m not a religious man but if confirmed I’ll be praising the lord. 

Wouldn't surprise me, we'll send him to League One again and this time if he does well then take the £500-£1m we were supposedly offered.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If that's the best defence we can come up for a player we'd never release or sell any poor performer under the age of 26.

I said nothing about keeping him, it was about not writing players off in general.

33 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Vardy is a miracle story for a reason.

It was just a example, plenty of players improve over the dance of their careers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

A lot wrote Vardy off at his age.

JV ‘s career progression would argue against a   Footy academy costing £100m and a feather bed career structure . 
worked in a factory for the privilege of getting lumps kicked out of him playing pub sides at the weekend in the hope of making a career in the game he loved 

• Like 1

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ipswich-town-poised-to-finalise-transfer-swoop-for-23-year-old-striker/

Ipswich Town are expected to complete the signing of George Hirst on an initial loan from Leicester City.

The 23-year-old is currently with Blackburn Rovers on a temporary basis but Hirst has failed to establish himself as a regular for Jon Dahl Tomasson.

Hirst has managed just nine league appearances so far in the campaign, with the vast majority from the bench, and he has not yet scored in the Championship.

• Like 1