Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England friendlies.

1 minute ago, BillyFOX12 said:

Considering the exceptional talent at Southgate's disposal during his now way too long tenure, his managerial outcomes have been absolute shite. 

Our record since the start of 22/23 has actually been very poor. The nations league was embarrassing. 

Konsa is a good player but didn't look too clever as an international RB. Kept receiving the ball and cutting back inside when he could have crossed. Butchered a few overloads by taking the easy inside ball.

Friendly or not.  A standard Southgate defeat against a Top 10 nation.  Doesn't matter who we or the opposition fields.  It's an automatic loss or a scrappy draw.  

It's an absolutely catastrophic record.  One of the most bizarre in pro sports.  

Edited by BlueSi13

8 years of Southgate and have we actually got anywhere ? 

Probably the best pool of players since 1996 and we lack so much. 

Just dull and typical FA performance. Until we get a manager with a backbone we will never change.

Just now, goose2010 said:

Just dull and typical FA performance. Until we get a manager with a backbone we will never change.

Reckon it'll be Howe, if Newcastle further drop off and the FA decide to part ways with Southgate.

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

I still think the "golden generation" shits on these lot. Think the reason we didn't win anything with them was a culture issue whereas now the squads seem more together but barring a few world class players the overall quality is lacking. In my opinion anyway 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Konsa is a good player but didn't look too clever as an international RB. Kept receiving the ball and cutting back inside when he could have crossed. Butchered a few overloads by taking the easy inside ball.

I don't think his natural position, I think at times when he's played at RB for Villa is when Cash is not available. Huge shame Matty Cash choose to take the Polish route, as I think his performances the last two years at Villa would have got him a England call up.   

Edited by Leicesterpool

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I still think the "golden generation" shits on these lot. Think the reason we didn't win anything with them was a culture issue whereas now the squads seem more together but barring a few world class players the overall quality is lacking. In my opinion anyway 

We have the top goal scorer in Spain,  top goalscorer in Germany and the core of the Man City team who have won the treble. At the time of the golden generation we had nothing like that. 

we lack in a couple of positions but the rest should make up for it. 

• Like 2

Problem lies a lot of fringe players playing tonight were making their debuts, some probably should have featured a lot sooner and been given more game opportunities and experience. Asking players like Anthony Gordon to face Brazil in their first game in a three lions shirt is a big task. Picking the same XI every international from Southgate shows lack of rotation. Foden again fails to live up to what we see City. 

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Your current talent pool - especially relative to the rest of the world - is absurdly good. Your current depth chart compared to the so called golden generation is absolutely insane. 

It is a staggering embarrassment to the FA and Southgate how bad you are considering. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

We have the top goal scorer in Spain,  top goalscorer in Germany and the core of the Man City team who have won the treble. At the time of the golden generation we had nothing like that. 

we lack in a couple of positions but the rest should make up for it. 

The entire back line back then (Terry,  Rio, Ashley Cole) was better than the current one barring maybe Kyle Walker for Gary Neville (although what a career he had)

Then Lampard and Gerrard were so good every manager played them together probably to the detriment of the team. Then you had the likes of Beckham and Rooney who undeniably would've got into this side.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

The entire back line back then (Terry,  Rio, Ashley Cole) was better than the current one barring maybe Kyle Walker for Gary Neville (although what a career he had)

Then Lampard and Gerrard were so good every manager played them together probably to the detriment of the team. Then you had the likes of Beckham and Rooney who undeniably would've got into this side.

I'm not saying the squad back then wasn't unreal but the teams we were playing were also unreal. There are very few European players that would get into our team currently. 

Southgate will not get it right he just doesn't have it in him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Still don't get the hype around Connor Gallagher, overrated I think there's options else where across the premier league. 

No one has ever hyped up Connor Gallagher other than Southgate