Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England friendlies.

21 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I really don't get the Maguire booing, although I didn't hear anything, and good on the players and manager for calling the fans out. 

Agreed .

Did you have this problem afterwards with bags ?

Rules are rules and safety/security are important but does seem to be a badly disorganised and messy way to do this - particularly when people just want to get home after a night game .

Edited by Super_horns

14 hours ago, martyn said:

Maguire supposedly booed when his name was read out 

We've got such morons as fans. He has been decent for England however ropey his club form.

I was there and can confirm he was booed, weird when he's been pretty good for England whenever he's played.

Surely he'd just block it out and get on with it though, seems ridiculous that we've got loads of England players now supporting him on Twitter ffs, over a few boos.

It's because he's unbearably smug the one time he does something useful once every 2 or 3 months. I've don't think I've disliked a player more than him. Even the wind up merchants are clearly just doing it for the benefit of their team and can be funny. Maguire's just a proper weirdo with all the charm of a manure pile and face like a constant smacked arse.

Another massive cringefest. Don't agree with booing him at all and think it was poor, and don't have an issue with Southgate calling it out either but Christ the overreach after that. Like one massive competition of who can virtue signal the hardest.

Spurs doing a statement on it FFS. Surely he must feel seriously patronised by some of this.

I'll get slated for this but Maguire is the most important player that England team and system have. The ability to take one or two men out in midfield by a pass or beating them has contributed to so many goals over the last few years. Add in the set piece threat and defensive stability hes provided for England (not concerned about Man Utd), he's more important to this team than anyone bar Kane and I'm not a Kane fan boy but the alternatives are a distinct drop in class.

40 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Am I the only one who literally didn’t give a monkeys toss about England playing last night?

I didn’t watch it, didn’t look at who was the team and only found out the score this morning

Genuinely have became so disinterested in these friendly games 

Yes despite interest in the England national team being on the decline for probably the last decade, you were absolutely the only person who didn’t give a toss 

1 hour ago, Lcfcbl said:

I'll get slated for this but Maguire is the most important player that England team and system have. The ability to take one or two men out in midfield by a pass or beating them has contributed to so many goals over the last few years. Add in the set piece threat and defensive stability hes provided for England (not concerned about Man Utd), he's more important to this team than anyone bar Kane and I'm not a Kane fan boy but the alternatives are a distinct drop in class.

I'm not going to slate you but I think Rice is the most important player.

33 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I'm not going to slate you but I think Rice is the most important player.

Agreed that he is vital and very good. I just feel that when Maguire isn't there, the defence is so slow to distribute/move up the pitch. First goal last night, Sterling gets the headlines but Maguire created the original space. I've said in this topic and others, this England team is very very good and after living through the 2004-2010 generation when we should have done more, I dont get the hate Southgate gets. He doesn't have an anti Leicester bias, why would he??? He wants the national team to succeed like we all should. If Barnes, Maddison, Justin etc would benefit the team/squad then he would pick them, i genuinely believe that.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 24/05/2022 at 14:08, glenny_fox said:

What has Madders got to do to get in the England set up?

Congrats to JJ though!

Logged in for the Eng v Brazil. But this old post struck me. How times change.