Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
January48

optimistic tirana

You can get to Tirana via Stansted and a connecting flight in Milan (Bergamo) courtesy of Ryanair and Wizz Air on Tuesday 24th for less than £49, but because how it works you in reality stand to lose a maximum of just £17 if we don't get through to the final. I am going to take a punt and book tickets to get me to Tirana in plenty of time for the game and see where I go from there. If we lose against Roma I lose just £17 max, so be it.

If you book with Wizz Air and take whats called the 'Wizz Flex' option out that costs £5 you can cancel you flight upto 3 days before and you get the cost of your flight credited back to your your account to use another time. So all I am paying for is £7.99 for a Ryanair flight from Stansted to Milan (Bergamo) which departs at 14:20, I paid £4 for a reserved seat with Ryanair and then paid the £5 for the Wizz Flex which allows me to cancel the flight if I want upto 3 days before as mentioned and you get the cost of the flight credited back to your Wizz Air account for the flight from Milan (Bergamo) to Tirana which departs Milan at 21:25 which costs about £32.

I've also booked a 4* hotel room for 2 nights with free cancellation upto 2 days before 24th May which has cost me £61 if I go.

Edited by Bucks fox
  • Like 2

Just looking at booking flights/hotels etc, as I reckon we can actually bin Roma in the next leg. Then saw the stadium capacity :(.  That's depressing as it's another stressy time wondering if this will get down to members.

Can't honestly see it myself so wondering what to do. :dunno:

Others' thoughts?

6 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Just looking at booking flights/hotels etc, as I reckon we can actually bin Roma in the next leg. Then saw the stadium capacity :(.  That's depressing as it's another stressy time wondering if this will get down to members.

Others' thoughts?

I'm in the same boat as you. My mates are all STH with high points so they've got no worry.

Roma didn't sell out and that is much easier to get to than Tirana which gives me some hope. That and I think it will be possible to get tickets in the 'neutral' section as well through UEFA. I signed up to their ticketing process a few weeks back for this.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Others' thoughts?

If we do make it, I think we get 5-6,000 tickets. Which will be more than enough for any STH or member to have a chance. Having said that, the day trip option might pump up demand but any STH will be in with a chance.

39 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Others' thoughts?

I started a thread

"who's going to Albania"

and there are quite a few Foxes going there whether we get tickets or not.... AND... Whether we progress to the final or not !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s got to be weeks ago it was booked. Flights back on Thursday are pricey 

I booked my tirana flights before the home leg against Eindhoven.

£32 return was to good to turn down.

also booked hotel in the city which has free cancellation up to 22nd may :scarf:

Edited by Bristol fox ....
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If we do make it, I think we get 5-6,000 tickets. Which will be more than enough for any STH or member to have a chance. Having said that, the day trip option might pump up demand but any STH will be in with a chance.

With no easy access to Tirana and with respect Tirana not a popular destination, I don’t see us taking 6000 fans 

Edited by happy85

2 hours ago, happy85 said:

With no easy access to Tirana and with respect Tirana not a popular destination, I don’t see us taking 6000 fans 

I ain’t sure if I’m missing something when people keep saying no easy access to tirana.. in what terms? Flight availability or when your out there?

1 hour ago, MS0204 said:

I ain’t sure if I’m missing something when people keep saying no easy access to tirana.. in what terms? Flight availability or when your out there?

Flight availability. Few directs flights. Prices have already increased around 80% since last week

if Leicester get to final the prices will rocket 

11 hours ago, happy85 said:

For our first ever European final? People would make their way there. Lots of options with stopover in Italy and there would be day trips. Appreciate it's not the easiest destination but where there's a will, there's a way.