Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

Forest love in!

Is it just me or is there a massive national love in for Forest? Everytime I watch any of their games the commentary teams are so biased, especially last night. You'd think it was a local Nottingham channel. The East Midlands and national press seem to live them aswell. I for one think they're a vile, self intitled, abnocious, deluded bunch. Mostly the fans.

• Like 1

From an impartial, national media point of view, Forest potentially back in the PL is pretty big news.

Many of us remember when they were champions of Europe and after so long in the wilderness, it's bound to be a story the press latch on to.

We've had our fair share of the spotlight over the last few years so we can't really complain. 

Let them have their moment in the sun. Doesn't really affect us tbh

• Like 4

Bit of a trade off isn’t it I suppose. Get rimmed by the mainstream media for glories that happened probably a smidge before a lot of their active fan base now were born, or actually whitnessing all that we have over the past 25 or so years. I know which I’d take, and I can live with it in that case.

East Mids today and sky can talk about Forest all they like, but we’ve seen it all, and they’d kill for even a smidge of what we’ve experienced.

• Like 1

East Mids Today (AKA Notts Forest Daily Update) will be going berserk with excitement.

As for the national media, I don’t imagine their love for the Forest is any different to that of any other team in a similar position. Sky and BT, etc. are duty bound to hype up every last detail because it ‘adds value’ to their ‘product’. Leeds, for example, had a massive media love-in when they got promoted.

It’s just more noticeable to us when it’s about those deluded clowns.

Anyway, they’re not promoted yet. They’ve never been in a playoff final and they have a major habit of catastrophically collapsing at the very last moment of the season. The pressure is on them. If they stuff this up, they might not make the playoffs again for another 10 years. 

Their manager is obviously a talent, so he’ll be off.

As long as we finish above them then that’s all that matters mind the gap, we are so far ahead of them on and off the pitch.

Losing at the Shitty Ground this season was a sackable offense, but Rodgers has a chance of redemption next season, if they get promoted 

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

As long as we finish above them then that’s all that matters mind the gap, we are so far ahead of them on and off the pitch.

Losing at the Shitty Ground this season was a sackable offense, but Rodgers has a chance of redemption next season, if they get promoted 

This should be one of the main targets for next season if they go up. Absolutely batter them home and away. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

It’s going to have to be an extraordinary couple of wins to gain redemption from having lost to local rivals from a division below, whilst being defending champions of the competition and having not played them in nearly 8 years. 
That will likely live with me forever.

As irritating and untrue as the “magical, famous, classy, sleeping giant” tags are for them, it’s just the medias job to create a narrative, much like when Leeds were in the play-offs  they can see Forest are the most likely to up so they run with that.

This doesn’t come close to the love in we had when we won the title either or even just the last few years, so I’m not sure we can really moan.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, westernpark said:

It’s going to have to be an extraordinary couple of wins to gain redemption from having lost to local rivals from a division below, whilst being defending champions of the competition and having not played them in nearly 8 years. 
That will likely live with me forever.

Yes true, it was sickening! Our casual and blasé attitude that we would just walk for a result really did shock me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walshy5 said:

Is it just me or is there a massive national love in for Forest? Everytime I watch any of their games the commentary teams are so biased, especially last night. You'd think it was a local Nottingham channel. The East Midlands and national press seem to live them aswell. I for one think they're a vile, self intitled, abnocious, deluded bunch. Mostly the fans.

Be interesting to see who Sky drool over next year if none of Derby/Leeds/Forest are in the Championship 

• Like 1

I think what people will need to get used to next season is Forest being next season's premier league hipster team and every big team's second favourite club.

Younger big 6 fans backing Forest over their own grievances over teams like Southampton or Brighton in the league by calling them a 'proper club' with 'history' when they werent even born the last time they were in the premier league.

Each to their own really.

14 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

It’s the neutral love in I can’t stand. The ‘proper club’ lot. “Would love to see X get promoted, proper club”.

Seems to me ‘Proper Club’ just means, had some success 30+ years ago but irrelevant presently.

Usually means a club in an old stadium too. 

• Like 2