Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyC74

Recruitment strategy under the spotlight 

7 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Curious to know what the Recruitment Team have been up to today??  

Seems a quiet day on Twitter.

Nice joint of beef, few glasses of red, perhaps some biscuits and cheese.  All whilst browsing  Southampton players on FM.  Just another day in paradise.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So if reports are to be believed Fofanas medical is today and announcement tomorrow. 

What is the club doing to get ahead of replacing our best CB? Seems like nothing at the minute with only a few days left of the window to go.

You’d think after knowing Fofana was going for a few weeks everything would be lined up and ready to go. Especially after such a bad window the club desperately needs the good pr after selling Fofana and still… nothing. Not to mention we are bottom of the league and without a win in 90 minutes this season.

Its a shambles and heads need to roll. 

Just now, Dames said:

So if reports are to be believed Fofanas medical is today and announcement tomorrow. 

What is the club doing to get ahead of replacing our best CB? Seems like nothing at the minute with only a few days left of the window to go.

You’d think after knowing Fofana was going for a few weeks everything would be lined up and ready to go. Especially after such a bad window the club desperately needs the good pr after selling Fofana and still… nothing. Not to mention we are bottom of the league and without a win in 90 minutes this season.

Its a shambles and heads need to roll. 

I wrote yesterday there seems to be a very bizarre lethargy around the club at present. Literally who is doing what?

23 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I wrote yesterday there seems to be a very bizarre lethargy around the club at present. Literally who is doing what?

If upper management is run the same way as the playing side I can imagine its a lot of comfortable people with no competition on high salaries. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Thats exactly the word I’d use to describe the club, lethargic. Rodgers is shouldering a good deal of the blame for our recent predicament but I think it is time those (hiding) behind the scenes come out an tell us what the plan is. The magnificent way our club has been run since King Power took control doesn’t mean they are immune to constructive criticism. I have this dreaded feeling that relegation is inevitable unless things change and, quickly. The lethargy at LCFC is deafening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I've just posted a topic on that, splitting each important person down through to DoF. I left below DoF blank as there seems to be a big disconnect. 

It got removed straight away. Not sure why. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You actually think they’ve not been lining people up? Just because you don’t know, doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

I'm more scared we have lined someone up, we haven't had a great time at recruitment in the last 12 months.

Whoever we sign in the next few days need to have an impact.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm more scared we have lined someone up, we haven't had a great time at recruitment in the last 12 months.

Whoever we sign in the next few days need to have an impact.

I have no doubt we are trying, how easy that will be or the quality is the issue as you say. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

You actually think they’ve not been lining people up? Just because you don’t know, doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

We’ve got what 3 days till the end of the window, 2 of our best players have gone, we’ve lost 3 on the bounce, not spent a penny all summer and now we’ve pocketed 65 million after paying sell on fees but nothing has happened, yet.

With the amount of negativity around the club it would seem like a really easy PR win to announce a new signing or even leak interest. 

It all stinks of a last minute rush happening and we all know its going to be underwhelming. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

We’ve got what 3 days till the end of the window, 2 of our best players have gone, we’ve lost 3 on the bounce, not spent a penny all summer and now we’ve pocketed 65 million after paying sell on fees but nothing has happened, yet.

With the amount of negativity around the club it would seem like a really easy PR win to announce a new signing or even leak interest. 

It all stinks of a last minute rush happening and we all know its going to be underwhelming. 

So you just want to get excited about a name being mentioned. Come on.

Of course it’s last minute, we’ve had our hand forced by a petulant shite. But then we knew what we were buying as he was a petulant shite to move here. 

But you don’t just click your fingers and make things happen. 

Just now, Babylon said:

Of course it’s last minute, we’ve had our hand forced by a petulant shite. But then we knew what we were buying as he was a petulant shite to move here. 

The move has been on for weeks. They knew Chelsea were going to meet the valuation eventually so its not about clicking fingers and making it happen, the club have had weeks to prepare for this and so far nothing. 

Its not just about being excited about a name being mentioned either. Despite the reports there is a growing concern about the true financial status of the club and at the minute there are next to no noises about the Fofana money being spent to improve the squad. Most of what we are getting is that there still needs to be more outgoings before incomings. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Mate, I think it might actually be nice if we had at least something to get excited about, don’t you?  There’s not much else. 

11 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Mate, I think it might actually be nice if we had at least something to get excited about, don’t you?  There’s not much else. 

I just want to sign a player, I don’t care about made up rumours to appease fans 

2 hours ago, Dames said:

The move has been on for weeks. They knew Chelsea were going to meet the valuation eventually so its not about clicking fingers and making it happen, the club have had weeks to prepare for this and so far nothing. 

Its not just about being excited about a name being mentioned either. Despite the reports there is a growing concern about the true financial status of the club and at the minute there are next to no noises about the Fofana money being spent to improve the squad. Most of what we are getting is that there still needs to be more outgoings before incomings. 

How do you know what they knew? You have absolutely no idea if they thought they’d get close to what they wanted. And until it’s done, all you can do is make enquiries, which we will have been doing. He hasn’t even gone yet ffs, and you are moaning we haven’t got a replacement already ffs.

16 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

just don't let Brendan overrule the scouts, I have no doubt we have signings lined up ready to go, maybe for some fringe players we should have taken less money to get them out the door

what sort of frustrates me is knowing that Brendan will obviously only have half the fee of Fofana available to him which would be somewhere around 35-40m.

In that context missing out on 11m for Vestergaard is massive

All I've seen this summer is numerous players linked to us who eventually join other clubs. Even now, bottom of the league, a CB looking like an essential purchase and another attacking player looking much needed - nothing in terms of meaningful speculation. 

We must surely act in the next few days, but I'm not convinced we will. We have an unbalanced, unmotivated, squad. FFS do something before it's too late!!! :mad:

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

How do you know what they knew? You have absolutely no idea if they thought they’d get close to what they wanted. And until it’s done, all you can do is make enquiries, which we will have been doing. He hasn’t even gone yet ffs, and you are moaning we haven’t got a replacement already ffs.

Because it was widely reported that Chelsea were determined and would eventually reach Leicesters valuation if they had too. 

Have we made enquires though? There doesnt seem anything concrete.

Yes I am moaning, we are selling our best defender late in the window after signing no one all summer on the back of our worst start to a season in years. Its been 3 days since a fee was agreed and a few weeks since Chelseas interest was known, we should be at a similar stage with a replacement ourselves with such little time left in the window. 

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Because it was widely reported that Chelsea were determined and would eventually reach Leicesters valuation if they had too. 

Have we made enquires though? There doesnt seem anything concrete.

Yes I am moaning, we are selling our best defender late in the window after signing no one all summer on the back of our worst start to a season in years. Its been 3 days since a fee was agreed and a few weeks since Chelseas interest was known, we should be at a similar stage with a replacement ourselves with such little time left in the window. 

You don’t base football decisions on “reports”, this is the real world. 

Again, because you haven’t heard about it, doesn’t mean it’s not happening. I’m sure the club would rather people didn’t know.

A whole 3 days… shocking! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You don’t base football decisions on “reports”, this is the real world. 

Again, because you haven’t heard about it, doesn’t mean it’s not happening. I’m sure the club would rather people didn’t know.

A whole 3 days… shocking! 

Well those reports were right so I highly doubt our board were caught cold about the Fofana transfer. 

Well I hope its happening because it needs too.

You might have a point if it were the start of the window and we weren’t suffering from defensive issues but we are just over 3 days out from the end of it so every minute and second counts - we’ve learned that the hard way before.