Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyC74

Recruitment strategy under the spotlight 

From his Man Utd Press Conference

Fofana?

“Nothing as of yet. Nothing has been confirmed. The club will let you know.”

Bring players in?

“Naturally that would be the case. We have to wait until there is any confirmation.”

Deadline and match at same time?

“We’ve waited til this point and not a great deal has happened. We’re hopeful we can do one or two things to improve the squad but that will take place outside of the match.”

Players lined up?

“It’s very late in the window but our recruitment team have done a great job over many months finding players. If we can press the button on one or two, we will do that.”

Players going out?

“Not at this moment in time. There have been no enquiries. We’ll see if that changes over the next 48 hours.”

Need more than just Wesley to go?

“I think we’ll be able to do something if Wesley goes. At the beginning of the window, it was earmarked that a number of players might move, but that hasn’t materialised.”

Difficult to plan transfers?

“You’re trying to prepare for so many what-ifs. When you don’t have the funds there to do anything, it’s very difficult. It hasn’t stopped a lot of great work going on behind the scenes.”

Where want signings?

“We’ve got a number of areas we want to improve. Let’s see what the window brings.”

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

Dare I say it but if the Faes and Garner interest is accurate than the club has obviously had its Youri and Soyuncu replacements in mind and just been caught out by the lack of interest in those two.

Still absolutely crying out for a right winger though 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The fact a specific percentage of how much is available to BR to spend is quoted suggests that the club have leaked this to manage fan expectations and reduce fees for target players. 

With the Faes deal, that would mean we have around 10 million more to spend. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

The fact a specific percentage of how much is available to BR to spend is quoted suggests that the club have leaked this to manage fan expectations and reduce fees for target players. 

With the Faes deal, that would mean we have around 10 million more to spend. 

Also shows that the clubs supposed mouthpiece, Rob Dorset was making it up or was told a pack of lies.

He quite clearly said that funds were there and the wage bill needed to be reduced, but if we are seriously only going to be using £23m out of the Fofana money then obviously the financial situation is a lot more worse than we are being lead to believe.

I can’t believe that out of everyone in the Premier League we are the only ones who risk breaching FFP enough to stop us plugging the obvious gaps in our side.

I’d like to think that the club would communicate with the fans to explain once the window is closed, but obviously that would cause it’s own problems in the future  as well.

Either way, on and off the pitch we appear to be in trouble.

Just now, stu said:

Also shows that the clubs supposed mouthpiece, Rob Dorset was making it up or was told a pack of lies.

He quite clearly said that funds were there and the wage bill needed to be reduced, but if we are seriously only going to be using £23m out of the Fofana money then obviously the financial situation is a lot more worse than we are being lead to believe.

I can’t believe that out of everyone in the Premier League we are the only ones who risk breaching FFP enough to stop us plugging the obvious gaps in our side.

I’d like to think that the club would communicate with the fans to explain once the window is closed, but obviously that would cause it’s own problems in the future  as well.

Either way, on and off the pitch we appear to be in trouble.

Tanner, Percy and others have said it was wages that was the problem all summer. I suppose theoretically it still is if we harbour genuine belief we will qualify for Europe next season 😂

Okay, i’f there is even the slightest bit of truth in the marcelo rumours… then we have an even bigger problem with our strategy than it seems. 

At least when we were up the duffers with cash and wage, you could argue we’ve not done what we needed for a good reason. But if we have the money to bring in marcelo at lb than it would simply be a joke that so many good opportunities have passed us by.  yeah it would be exciting but you’d have to question the decision making at the club from top to bottom. 

Edited by Lambert09

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

any free agent rw options that we might be considering? 

we seriously messed up not getting tete last year 

This is a decent list of who’s available: 

Juan Mata, Ben Arfa, Labyad and Boudebouz about the only 2 amongst that lot that are left footed ACM's / wingers I think.

Honestly, I think next summer offers an exciting opportunity to revamp our wage structure and rejuvenate our team. Tielemans will be going, and we will probably sell Maddison as well. That would leave our only really high earners as Vardy and Evans, two players who have proven their worth to the club. With a huge host of other players having their contracts run out then as well, I think it would be much easier after that to restructure wages of incoming players to be more reasonable. That should give us a big new opportunity to reinvent ourselves like Palace have in the last couple of summers.

• 2 weeks later...

I've found something else to be annoyed about this week, my disgust for this club shows no signs of easing up.

The realisation that we sold Kamal Sowah to balance the books and get Lookman in last summer, only to not exercise the buy option and now have the worst collective set of wingers in the PL. 

Sowah's scoring goals in the Champions League whilst we discuss whether we could use Dewsbury-Hall or Vestergaard as an inverted right winger.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've found something else to be annoyed about this week, my disgust for this club shows no signs of easing up.

The realisation that we sold Kamal Sowah to balance the books and get Lookman in last summer, only to not exercise the buy option and now have the worst collective set of wingers in the PL. 

Sowah's scoring goals in the Champions League whilst we discuss whether we could use Dewsbury-Hall or Vestergaard as an inverted right winger.

He was absolute crap for Brugge and AZ as a winger last season tbf

He has only started this season decent back at Brugge since moving into being a striker / supporting striker

Still also the only actual goal he has scored this season as well

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2