Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Thought it would be interesting to have a thread for the best starting 11 to see how it changes as people leave and arrive. 

 

Hopefully come Brentford we will have a complete different picture.    

 

Currently for me: 

 

                          Kasper

Ricardo    Fofana           Evans       Justin

                             Wilf

                   Youri           KDH

     Mads                                  Barnes

                             Goat

 

 

Despite the lack of activity and an out of position mads... Its hard not to like that 11

Yeah can't argue with that. Would maybe drop Tielemans and play Maddison in attacking mid ahead of Ndidi & KDH, then maybe stick Perez on the RW - Madders is the lynchpin in this side and I'd sooner play him in his best position, and Tielemans has hardly been pulling up trees of late.

 

The encouraging thing is, on paper, our best starting lineup is formidable. The frustrating thing is, we only need one or two players to turn that side into a real force. That lineup with Colwill and Madueke as options would be a lot more enticing.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Castagne over post-injury Ricardo if I’m honest. As much as I want Ricardo to be the player he was before.

As of right now... I was actually leaning towards Castagne over Justin. I personally like him on the left. Might give us a few more moments like Brentford 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1
Posted

If Youri goes then Maddison can take his spot.

That would leave Albrighton or Perez on the right.

If Youri goes and we don't get a RW I think I'll go and support Newcastle as they've got loads of dirty oil money and I'm an arsehole.

  • Haha 1
Posted

That'd be my first choice eleven, alternatively I hope we see more of the diamond with Vardy and Kele upfront. We've played it sparingly (both against Liverpool) last season but I think the 4-1 win at Villa in 19/20 was probably the best I've ever seen us play, they couldn't cope with Vardy and Iheanacho together.

Posted
51 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Thought it would be interesting to have a thread for the best starting 11 to see how it changes as people leave and arrive. 

 

Hopefully come Brentford we will have a complete different picture.    

 

Currently for me: 

 

                          Kasper

Ricardo    Fofana           Evans       Justin

                             Wilf

                   Youri           KDH

     Mads                                  Barnes

                             Goat

 

 

Despite the lack of activity and an out of position mads... Its hard not to like that 11

Yes, for all our pre-season worries, on paper that really isn't a bad side is it. Personally, I'd leave Tielemans on the bench and start Daka on the right of a front 3. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Only problem is that we need full-backs who get up and down to provide the width for that, and Justin, Castagne and Ricardo aren't as relentless as pre-injury Ricardo and Chilwell, in that sense. 

Depends how Justin fares after a full pre season, because prior he was probably one of our best attacking outlets.

Posted
22 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Only problem is that we need full-backs who get up and down to provide the width for that, and Justin, Castagne and Ricardo aren't as relentless as pre-injury Ricardo and Chilwell, in that sense. 

The only one that can't is Thomas, the others do have the physicality I think getting re-injured (as a consequence of selection mistakes and the fixture congestion) rather than their physical capability right now. I think KDH also makes a diamond more viable because he naturally brings width, the LCM and RB going wide is probably a better natural balance than both FBs as it allows for more depth and compactness.

Posted

Not convinced by Maddison out wide. I would go 4-2-3-1 although ideally would like to see Vardy and Kel form a partnership again. Problem with this is no KDH, unless you put him in place of Lookman/Perez...

 

Kasper

 

Castagne    Fofana    Evans    Justin

 

Ndidi    Youri

 

Lookman / Perez   Maddison  Barnes

 

Vardy

Guest Col city fan
Posted
2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Thought it would be interesting to have a thread for the best starting 11 to see how it changes as people leave and arrive. 

 

Hopefully come Brentford we will have a complete different picture.    

 

Currently for me: 

 

                          Kasper

Ricardo    Fofana           Evans       Justin

                             Wilf

                   Youri           KDH

     Mads                                  Barnes

                             Goat

 

 

Despite the lack of activity and an out of position mads... Its hard not to like that 11

Spot on for me. A fit Ricardo pips Timmy imo due to his ability to get forward more.

You’ve just highlighted again though the problem that Leicester now have… this team can compete with most. But you get any injuries to ANY of them, and they are replaced in the most part with a lot worse players.

I again re-iterate… first team push for a top 6/7 spot

Squad is a mid table squad 

  • 1 month later...
Posted

What do we think should be our starting eleven and formation at the moment?

 

                   Iverson

Justin - Faes - Evans - Castagne

                   Ndidi

    Tielemans - Dewsbury-Hall

                Maddison

             Daka - Iheanacho 

 

I'd like to see the above. It would be narrow, but when Justin and Castagne get forward Ndidi can drop back and it goes to a back three.

 

Barnes isn't working right now. YT hasn't been performing but has potential to score a goal if he tries, but I might drop him for Soumare who looks better further up than in the CDM role. I want to see Daka and Iheanacho given sometime together up front.

 

Probably a terribly unbalanced formation, but we need to do something different.

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Iverson

 

JJ Faes/Soy Evans Tim

 

Wilf

 

KDH Youri Madders

 

Kel Vardy

 

This might be stupid and would ask a lot of our full backs but if Wilf just stays back and KDH and Madders pull wide and Kel drops back as more of a ten, I think it could work... 

  • Like 4
Posted

                          Iversen

Castagne     Faes          Evans        Justin

                             Wilf

                  Youri             KDH

                         Maddison

                   Daka            Vardy

  • Like 2
Posted
1 minute ago, Scotch said:

                          Iversen

Castagne     Faes          Evans        Justin

                             Wilf

                  Youri             KDH

                         Maddison

                   Daka            Vardy

This. Not sure how well Daka and Vardy would play together. I may even want to see Daka and Iheanacho form a partnership, with Vardy as an impact sub. 

That is the best we can do without wingers though, and unfortunately Barnes creates an imbalance. 

  • Like 2
Posted
1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

This. Not sure how well Daka and Vardy would play together. I may even want to see Daka and Iheanacho form a partnership, with Vardy as an impact sub. 

That is the best we can do without wingers though, and unfortunately Barnes creates an imbalance. 

You have to think of Barnes as a striker now really but for too many they have winger locked in their brains. Our forwards and midfielders should move far better off the ball to provide width. Too often they remain static.

Posted (edited)

3-4-3 is an option to get Barnes into the team, retain width and avoid Maddison being so isolated. 
 

So Ward in goal, Wout, Ndidi and Evans in defence, Justin, KDH/Soumare, Tielemans, Castagne in midfield, Barnes, Vardy, Maddison in attack. 
 

We played this system in our 5-2 win at Man City so it’s not unprecedented.
 

Not ideal with Ndidi at CB but clear Soy is not coming back soon and Amartey is a liability defensively, as decent as his passing through the lines has been.
Alternatively, Thomas on the left side with Justin as the RCB instead of Ndidi. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
Posted
41 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

3-4-3 is an option to get Barnes into the team, retain width and avoid Maddison being so isolated. 
 

So Ward in goal, Wout, Ndidi and Evans in defence, Justin, KDH/Soumare, Tielemans, Castagne in midfield, Barnes, Vardy, Maddison in attack. 
 

We played this system in our 5-2 win at Man City so it’s not unprecedented.
 

Not ideal with Ndidi at CB but clear Soy is not coming back soon and Amartey is a liability defensively, as decent as his passing through the lines has been.
Alternatively, Thomas on the left side with Justin as the RCB instead of Ndidi. 

yeah this is what I like as well. I also think Soumare after thursday, should replace KDH, just to give him a bit of a rest.

  • Like 1
Posted

I'd go back to the 4141 formation that served us so well during that amazing run in 2019, including the midfield 3 we had then. RW is a problem but we can't keep playing Maddison there as he is wasted, so I'd probably go for Albrighton, though Perez is also an option. Neither are great but we need a right sided attacker on the pitch, otherwise we're totally unbalanced. 

 

Iversen

 

Castagne Faes Evans Justin

 

Ndidi  

 

Albrighton Maddison Tielemans Barnes

 

Vardy

  • Like 1
Posted

Iverson

Castange Soyuncu Evans Justin

           Ndidi Tielemens

                 Madders

Perez  Vardy Barnes

 

We need to play this midfield 3. They were key to our success and KDH as much as most fans love him because of his Leicester connection, he’s just so limited and not good enough.

Youri looks lost being more to the right, Wilf looks lost at CB and Madders looks lost on wide right. If all these 3 are played correctly they are as good a 3 as any in the league. It’s so simple.

Same with Cags, he’s not great but he’s far far better then Amarty and unfortunately evans is too slow. Full backs pick themselves imo.

Barnes has to play. RW we havnt really got anyone I’d play but I’d rather play Perez to get our middle 3 in position rather than playing a mish mash of no one knowing wtf they are doing.

Vs Man Utd was clear as any other game that it wasn’t the lack of quality on the pitch but the lack of any cohesive play because the manager has completely lost the plot.

The only decision for me is Vardy or Nacho. I really rate Nacho and Vardy looks like he’s finally slowing down and needs it on a plate which we can’t give. Nacho is a quality underrated player and I’d happily play him up top alone even if that’s not his best role.

  • Like 2
Posted
2 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Iverson

Castange Soyuncu Evans Justin

           Ndidi Tielemens

                 Madders

Perez  Vardy Barnes

 

We need to play this midfield 3. They were key to our success and KDH as much as most fans love him because of his Leicester connection, he’s just so limited and not good enough.

Youri looks lost being more to the right, Wilf looks lost at CB and Madders looks lost on wide right. If all these 3 are played correctly they are as good a 3 as any in the league. It’s so simple.

Same with Cags, he’s not great but he’s far far better then Amarty and unfortunately evans is too slow. Full backs pick themselves imo.

Barnes has to play. RW we havnt really got anyone I’d play but I’d rather play Perez to get our middle 3 in position rather than playing a mish mash of no one knowing wtf they are doing.

Vs Man Utd was clear as any other game that it wasn’t the lack of quality on the pitch but the lack of any cohesive play because the manager has completely lost the plot.

The only decision for me is Vardy or Nacho. I really rate Nacho and Vardy looks like he’s finally slowing down and needs it on a plate which we can’t give. Nacho is a quality underrated player and I’d happily play him up top alone even if that’s not his best role.

I agree with this other than Cags replaced by Wout Faes. KDH is a good lad but he’s off form AND he’s being utilised in such a niche role, ploughing a narrow furrow just inside Barnes (almost the old inside left position), that it creates a massive imbalance and leaves major gaps on the right. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...