Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K789

Alex Smithies

2 minutes ago, lanefox said:

More interested about Percy mentioning the departures of Vestegaard and Soumare , must be bids in for them for him comment on the transfers

Yeah, you'd imagine we'd replace soumare with a winger and a centre back for vestergaard, particularly one that could fill in at left back with Ricardo out.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Jakupovic is better but considering he’ll never player and his wages will be lower I don’t mind. 

Jakupovic’s most recent contract was less than Smithies was being paid in the championship (30k/week!!) 

there’s some knuckledraggers out there who will think we are bringing him in to replace Kasper in our first team and they will ridicule us in the press for this..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Stadt said:

"Good signing because he'll never play" lol .

A hill that I'll die on is having a senior 3rd choice GK is absolutely unnecessary - spend those wages on having an absolutely elite analytics and recruitment team instead.

Perhaps the club rates him more than Neilsen

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

"Good signing because he'll never play" lol .

A hill that I'll die on is having a senior 3rd choice GK is absolutely unnecessary - spend those wages on having an absolutely elite analytics and recruitment team instead.

I think it's more of a league issue.

If the Premier League allowed emergency loans and 2 senior keepers then no one would have a 3rd choice.

Pretty sure emergency loans only come in if all 3 keepers are crocked.

• Like 3

Just now, coolhandfox said:

You don't really understand this 3rd keeper lark. 

Man City Scott Carson.

Man U Tom Heaton

Lee grant got a Man Utd gig too.

someone experienced and can help keep standards high. Imagine with a 3rd choice they come in knowing they 3rd choice and potentially the thought of doing keeper coaching when retire so is good experience for them too. 

• Like 1

My only problem with this is squad space. 

If we are going to sign this fella, I would rather we kept Stolarczyk and loaned out Iversen. Frees up an outfield position, albeit at the cost of the young fellas development. 

Just now, AjcW said:

If the Premier League allowed emergency loans and 2 senior keepers then no one would have a 3rd choice.

Just play a a youth keeper. How often do two keepers get injured? I reckon it occurs less once a season in the entire 92

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

We should game the system by having a u21 English kid as 3rd keeper, who’s permanently a sick note. Don’t even need to be a footballer. Doesn’t take a squad space, gets paid minimum wage. 

Edited by FoxesWalk