Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Ric's post WF Transfer Recomendations

20 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Unless he kicks starts his career with us soon the name of Daka will haunt him. I think Patson is a great guy , tries his hardest and genuinely , unlike some, wants to play for us but the EPL is not Austria and he is finding it tough. 

There is ability there, but we are also struggling to get Vardy firing. It’s the supply that’s causing us an issue and this possession based football is not playing to their strengths. There’s often very little space behind the defence for both Vardy and Daka to be effective which is why I always question why we haven’t gone for a different type of striker to bully/harass defences.

If we went back to our counter-attacking football ways, I’ve no doubts in my mind Daka would be excellent.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

There is ability there, but we are also struggling to get Vardy firing. It’s the supply that’s causing us an issue and this possession based football is not playing to their strengths. There’s often very little space behind the defence for both Vardy and Daka to be effective which is why I always question why we haven’t gone for a different type of striker to bully/harass defences.

If we went back to our counter-attacking football ways, I’ve no doubts in my mind Daka would be excellent.

I agree , he is fast and knows how to finish , we cannot play a high line to get the best out of him or Barnes for that matter. Scream it into Rodgers's ear.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Louis Patris and Ewood Pletinckx both look very promising for leuven

...have you watched Pletinckx when defending a set piece, he is so animated, just can't keep still, head on a swivel and is itching to compete!!!

Very good player to have in their defence. I like their #15 Ouedraogo who plays left back. Mandela Keita also one to watch but out injured at the moment. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...have you watched Pletinckx when defending a set piece, he is so animated, just can't keep still, head on a swivel and is itching to compete!!!

Very good player to have in their defence. I like their #15 Ouedraogo who plays left back. Mandela Keita also one to watch but out injured at the moment. 

Hopefully we can start doing some business with them again soon, seems worrying they won’t have any of our players on loan anymore

2 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

I'm still baffled as to why we went for Daka for these reasons, he really doesn't suit Rodgers style of play, and it's only because Vardy is so good that he's kept scoring, but the number of games where he barely touched the ball means he's almost a passenger. 

I'd have gone for someone more in the Ulloa mold to complement Vardy. Or a player that is better on the ball who can be more involved in the build-up play when teams sit back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Hakim Ziyech - given there's barely a week to go and Chelsea need shot of him, he'd be a very good loan signing for a year. 

Even Ajax are having trouble getting him back because Chelsea are demanding too much

On 26/08/2022 at 14:11, Ric Flair said:

I'm currently stuck in traffic on the way back from a week in Wales, so I'll do a Q&A for any fans wanting to pick my brains.

Getting in or out of Wales is tricky and tedious. I keep it to a minimum. Living here is quite awesome though. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Just looking at what right wingers might be available:

Viktor Tsygankov - surely one day he's got to move to a top 5 European league and what better time than with only a year left on his contract and his country being very unsafe

Calvin Stengs - it hasn't worked out for him at Nice. A loan with an option to buy could be something to consider.

Hakim Ziyech - given there's barely a week to go and Chelsea need shot of him, he'd be a very good loan signing for a year. 

Luca Orellano - contract up next year. Massive raw but talented Argentinian winger from Velez.

Josh Bowler - low key and cheap gamble from Blackpool. I worry about his lack of pace in the PL but that hasn't stopped Jarrod Bowen.

Marcus Edwards - not so much one whose knowingly available but a progressive left footed right winger who has unfinished business in the PL and been a huge revelation in Portugal. @moore_94 number one choice. 

Andreas Skov Olsen - probably needs at least a full season absolutely flying before moving to a top 5 European league again but he's been sensational since going to Club Brugge

Harvey Vale - Chelsea's U21 captain and recent England U19 Euros winner. Only 1 year left on his contract and Chelsea have previous for their academy players running their contracts down and being sold. They also have signed Omari Hutchinson who is likely in his way to the first team.

Oscar Gloukh - like Vale, was part of Israel U19 Euro team that got to the final (he scored). He's at Macabbi and very highly regarded. Would be one for the future but we arguably need 2 new wingers.

Ludovic Blas - how he's still at Nantes is as mystifying as Tsygankov at Kiev. He was supposed to be joining Lille this summer bit seems Nantes want £20m (an increase from £15m quoted earlier in the season) and Lille have money issues. He is an absolute wizard, can play as a 10 or up front too.

Blas and Bowler would both make tidy additions. Stengs has shown recently he has an air of Ghezzal about him. And Ziyech I imagine will be priced out of a deal, unless Chelsea do is a favour following the sale of Fofana? 

It looks like Demiral will be pursued to replace Fofana, and then two attacking players should see us right. 

Hopefully, a few youngsters out on loan, Perez sold and Vesty loaned out…. That should be enough until the winter.

My wife just looks over my shoulder when I’m scrolling on Foxes Talk and says “how’s it going Ric Flair enthusiast”, we’ve never spoken about the forum before. 

You’re famous, Ric. Or maybe… she’s the Ric Flair enthusiast…

:jawdrop:

• Haha 1

This Boga news has really knocked me about, I was on the ropes with Amine Harit but I'd genuinely rather Harit as a convicted killer by dangerous driving and very crap at football than Jeremie Boga. What's going on here??!!!!!

My hearts not really in this list, especially as I've already had to chalk Calvin Stengs off who's gone on loan to the juggernaut powerhouse of Royal Antwerp.

Right wingers

Viktor Tsygankov - contract up in the winter of 2023. He must want out, he's been primed for a move to a big 5 European league for years and then the pandemic scuppered it and now a war must relieve him of his misery. Loan with an obligation to buy next summer for £15m + add ons.

Luca Orellano - another whose contract is up in 2023 and ridiculously talented but a rough diamond. Wouldn't cost more than £15m up front and likely less, could possibly get him on loan with a decent loan fee and an option / obligation when we supposedly have more money next summer

Amad Diallo - not 100% convinced by his ability right now and as a likely loan with no option to sign permanently it wouldn't be my first choice but more a signing out of desperation. He's a maverick, we don't currently have any options better put it that way.

Adson - ridiculously gifted young Brazilian winger. Looks similarly built to Shaqiri but quicker. He's cost less than £10m and would get a work permit. 

Yusuf Demir - he started well on loan at Barca last season but they sent him back as didn't want to pay the £8m obligated fee if he made more appearances for them. He's still a huge work in progress but an absolute wizard. We'd likely secure a similar loan with option / obligation. 

Oscar Gloukh - this lad is going to be a star. Ought to get a work permit I think based on European appearance for Macabbi and he's both footed and plays anywhere across the RW/ACM/LW positions. He's one of my favourite players in the last few months, clocked him at the Euro U19's this summer.

Matias Soule - highly talented Argentinian at Juventus. He's been involved in their first team but likely available on loan. Minimal chance of a permanent signing at this stage. He's class.

Patrik Walemark - he is my Oscar Gloukh from last season and Feyenoord snapped him up last winter. He started slowly there but has stepped up in light of a number of influential players departing them this summer. Slot will turn him in to a best. We'd get him for less than £15m this summer though if we had the bollocks.

Hakon Evjen - AZ Alkmaar were my favourite European team a few years back when Stengs, Koopmeiners, Boadu and Wijndal were taking the puss under Arne Slot. I keep an eye on them, usually in Europe and this summer Evjen has done brilliantly in the qualifiers. 2 goals and 2 assists. One to keep an eye on, he'd not cost more than £10m right now.

Julian Von Moos - he won't get a work permit but just flagging him to everyone's attention and this season is his breakout year. Half fcukin Brazilian an'all ain't he!!!

Nathanael Mbuku - whilst we're busy signing Mushy Faes from Reims we should see if we can take this lad. Contract up next summer. Left footed, plays RW or LW, France U21 International, you do the bloody math

Bryan Gil - hair is hideous but came to Spurs very highly rated. Seems destined for a quick return to Spain but we could offer another destination on loan for a year with an option to buy

Ruslan Malinovskyi - he's approaching 30 but if we want a player from Atalanta then get this fella in. He wants a new challenge and has been touted as being available on loan with an option to buy for £20m. 

Harvey Vale - he's a new obsession of mine. Last year of his contract at Chelsea, their U21 captain and was the captain of England U19 in their Euros win this summer. Left footed, plays anywhere in the attacking areas out wide or through the middle. Supposedly wants out, would get him for less than £10m

David Costa - might be more than £15m as he's at Lens who are flying but he's a creative type who can play out wide or as a #10.

Sergio Arribas - don't think a work permit is possible as he's in Real Madrid's reserve team which is a disgrace. This lad would walk in to our team and rip it up.

Alex Collado - see above except would possibly get a work permit as has played for Barca 1st team last season after a few years of mugging him off. They are still a disgrace and need to get players gone, would be available on loan or for less than £15m.

• Like 2