Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Agree with you on this. Rodgers does love to make an excuse for himself, but this team is almost at the end of the line. I didn't realise all of those defenders are on the way out! 

I think this squad has come to the end of a cycle, it's time to refresh with new energy and new leaders. 

I assume the club may want to hold on to one of Evans or Amartey, but I imagine Evan would need to take a pay cut. Amartey is an interesting one as he will go to the WC, if he plays ok he could have a number of suitors. 

I still think the club made a conscious decision to hold off on a squad rebuild until next summer when we have load more wriggle room on wages, with 6 players out on a contract that's 300k plus per week of the wage bill. (15m + a year)

Players out of contract in the summer. 

Youri Tielemans

Ayoze Pérez

Daniel Amartey

Nampalys Mendy

Jonny Evans

Çağlar Söyüncü

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I think this squad has come to the end of a cycle, it's time to refresh with new energy and new leaders. 

I assume the club may want to hold on to one of Evans or Amartey, but I imagine Evan would need to take a pay cut. Amartey is an interesting one as he will go to the WC, if he plays ok he could have a number of suitors. 

I still think the club made a conscious decision to hold off on a squad rebuild until next summer when we have load more wriggle room on wages, with 6 players out on a contract that's 300k plus per week of the wage bill. (15m + a year)

Youri Tielemans

Ayoze Pérez

Daniel Amartey

Nampalys Mendy

Jonny Evans

Çağlar Söyüncü

...are you sure there isn't 3 or 4 more!!!

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Youri Tielemans

Ayoze Pérez

Daniel Amartey

Nampalys Mendy

Jonny Evans

Çağlar Söyüncü

Bertrand 

31 minutes ago, MPH said:

Time to get Del Boy involved in flogging some players we don’t want. They are clearly suffocating us.

or at least employ an agent who specializes in finding sellers for players we want gone.

All well and good finding clubs who want to buy but no point if the player and his actual agent aren't arsed about rushing out the door. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

All well and good finding clubs who want to buy but no point if the player and his actual agent aren't arsed about rushing out the door. 

yeah fair point.

but I should have clarified that their job would be to find a club  and deal that’s agreeable to everyone

I see Madueke is back playing for PSV. Scored today too.

Hope he over his injuries problems now, as I’m convinced he is and has been top of our list for a RW.

Jan could be when we make a move if he says injury free between now and then.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Left back - Adrien Truffert (20) from Rennes

Centre back - Waldemar Anton (26) from Stuttgart

Right winger - Noni Madueke (20) from PSV

I tell you who is going to be a superstar, I've tipped him up a year or two back- Samuel Iling-Junior at Juventus.

Been in their youth team having left Chelsea academy 2-3 years ago. Can play anywhere from wing back, winger and up front. Left footed.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

ive seen a few posts about brendan making comments about transfers but didn’t see anything. Anyone care to summarize what he said? 

January?

“You’re constantly reviewing it. I’ve got a meeting today with the recruitment team looking at January. It’s ongoing. There will be gossip around players, but that doesn’t concern me. Hopefully we can do some business in January.”

Add to squad?

“I’m hopeful we can. You can see the impact one player has made to our team, and if we had another four of those, that would help us. Let’s see if we can do anything in January.”

• Thanks 1

Not sure what our finances are like but Joey Veerman's stats are fantastic, he consistently performs in Europe too it's not even the Eredivise tax either.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Not sure what our finances are like but Joey Veerman's stats are fantastic, he conssotsently performs in Europe too it's not even the Eredivise tax either.

Veerman used to be a great cheap option when he was at Volendam on FM. Still pretty young but with lots of experience