Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

2 hours ago, -sodapop said:

Hope we're looking at him as a potential midfield option

.. another Algerian, 22 year old central midfielder!!!

We are stocked in this department, with Soumare committing to the team this season, Tielemans looking to take up a more vocal and inspirational position in the team, KDH being the dynamo we just do not need another one.

Now should we lose one of these players he would be a terrific acquisition. 

We need a RW, let us go back in for Tete!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

He'll only fit in if all those passes are in his own half. If more progressive that that, and I note a couple of assists, then it's a no from me.

Isn't Tielemans one of the league's most progressive passers?

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Evander from FC Midtjylland

....he looks the business, just needs to beat a man too many times, if he does not beat two players the probably feels like he is off form!!!

There is that inherent need to dribble your way out of trouble, it is ingrained in some players, You have to be aware of the space that you have now created that has allowed your teammate a clear run on goal with the slide ball playing them in.

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-openda-transfer-lens-7581922

Linked with Lois Openda of Lens. 

Saw him for Vitesse in the Europa Conference League last season where he impressed me.

Only just moved to Lens but has started fairly well scoring 4 in 7.

Excellent workrate & pace, the type of striker who loves to be a nuisance.

• Like 2

On 13/09/2022 at 18:52, Col city fan said:

I’d hate to lose Maddison but if I were him at the moment I’d get up to the Toon as quick as I could. 
He’d be great there imo.

...they only need to make one key signing and it will be a catalyst for other ambitious players would seek to end up!!!

Just imagine if they signed CR7, the number of people who would come just to watch him train in that football-mad city would be about the capacity of the KP. Big money for Ronaldo, Image rights, and everything, all he has to do is come in at the start of the season and it would have Newcastle on the map.

We really should be looking for £70m at least for Maddison, he has finally grown up, and he is now the real deal, let us not now look to undersell him while he is reaching his peak.

• Like 1

I’d hate to lose Maddison but if I were him at the moment I’d get up to the Toon as quick as I could. 
He’d be great there imo.

Sadly, the longer Rodgers stays, the more players will want to leave, why wouldn't they? No future to be seen for any of them it must seem. This has dragged on for them for a long time now.

Yeh the madders issue really worries me. We have a serious player on our hands and I don’t think we’ve even seen the very best of him yet. He’s performing within a team that’s real low confidence wise and a manager who seems to be half way out the door a club he loves but is rooted to the bottom and games coming up that will be like grueling dog fights. Of course he looks at what his buddies are doing at man city and Chelsea. They may even be telling him to push for a move.

He is going to get tapped up left right & center by January. If by some miracle southgate takes him to the WC and he plays and shines he’s good as gone.

personally I’d like to see him go to a top club in Europe.

He’d be great there imo.

Yes he would but surely no one wants that to happen. I want to see him stay here and be a key member in our next great team. 

• Thanks 1

He’d be great there imo.

I know what you mean but I'd never advocate our best players leaving unless it's for huge money which helps us move forward.

Maddison is maturing know into a proper man and an Idol of many of our young Fans. He can be our next Vardy with a legendary status he.

He should be cherrished supported and listened to by the Club if we want to keep him here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/09/2022 at 05:04, volpeazzurro said:

Sadly, the longer Rodgers stays, the more players will want to leave, why wouldn't they? No future to be seen for any of them it must seem. This has dragged on for them for a long time now.

So true. That's what makes our current situation doubly sad.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2022 at 21:54, sacreblueits442 said:

...looking at Malcolm Ebiowei who moved from Derby to Palace on free!!!

He is not getting game time at Palace, he is just sitting on the bench, I wonder if we could get him to come here on a loan for 6 months, he would be almost guaranteed to get game time on the RW.

This would just be embarrassing really. Being in a position for one where we would take a player that Palace aren’t using would show how far we have fallen. Also being a player in a position we needed, from local rivals in financial ruin, available for pennies (in football terms). Why was the club oblivious to this signing in the summer!

• Like 1