Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There'll be no shortage of contracts on the table for any of them.

Betis were interested in Aouar weren't they? I'm sure they'd love him on a free. Tsygankov will no doubt end up at a top six club from one of Europe's "other" big leagues and if Kamada wants a move upwards from Frankfurt I doubt he'd be coming here, although we'd only really need him if Madders is on the way.

I'd have never said Paqueta and Guimaraes would have left Lyon for West Ham & Newcastle, even accounting for big contracts. The PL is where players want to play

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Oh really? I've heard nothing but rave reviews about him and when watching him he seems that unusual sort of defender who is a beast in the air, good on the ball but very low key and not one who looks to take that many risks. 

I will stand to be corrected by those thst support the club, he comes out very highly on stats in the Championship.

The one defender at that level that I'm astonished is there is Ahmedhodzic at Sheffield Utd, this lad was putting in superb UCL performances in recent years.

Tbf Atkinson has been superb this season, particularly when Naismith got injured and he had to step up to lead the defence.  Out himself now though unfortunately. 

What will hold him back however will be a lack of pace. He is very slow.

On Scott, he's been very mediocre recently. Almost like he's been reading too much praise of himself and believing it.  Was superb last night though. Best he's played all season.

Strikes me as the sort of player who will get better, the further he goes up the leagues.

• Like 1

The thing that scared me with maddison, was when someone asked him about the fofana situation. He said something along the lines of, if the player wants to go, the club has to let him. 

Which may have been a pre-warning that he was starting to think about that as well. It just kinda shocked me that he didn’t just brush off the question like they usually do. 

hopefully he signs a new deal because i feel like we’ve been wasting him so far. We need a chance to build a team around him. That hip injury really stopped us reaching top 4 on both occasions. 

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

The thing that scared me with maddison, was when someone asked him about the fofana situation. He said something along the lines of, if the player wants to go, the club has to let him. 

Which may have been a pre-warning that he was starting to think about that as well. It just kinda shocked me that he didn’t just brush off the question like they usually do. 

hopefully he signs a new deal because i feel like we’ve been wasting him so far. We need a chance to build a team around him. That hip injury really stopped us reaching top 4 on both occasions. 

This won't be popular but Maddison has outgrown us and deserves a move. Him not getting Nelgnad recognition is a disgrace as well and further compounds the likelihood that he will want to move as he has a point to prove.

He has been nothing but sublime now for over a year and I think pur players sense a loosening of the grip on this era of players and several will move on that we don't really want to. Whatever happens he cannot be allowed to walk away for a mediocre fee or heaven forbid nothing in 2024. If he won't sign a new deal then he goes in the summer for £30-40m.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This won't be popular but Maddison has outgrown us and deserves a move. Him not getting Nelgnad recognition is a disgrace as well and further compounds the likelihood that he will want to move as he has a point to prove.

He has been nothing but sublime now for over a year and I think pur players sense a loosening of the grip on this era of players and several will move on that we don't really want to. Whatever happens he cannot be allowed to walk away for a mediocre fee or heaven forbid nothing in 2024. If he won't sign a new deal then he goes in the summer for £30-40m.

I tend to agree. I won't begrudge him a move to a top 6 club, but it would absolutely sicken me if he ended up going to Newcastle.

I can't decide whether I'd rather he stayed the extra season and we lost him on a free, or he went to Newcastle this summer for £40m.

It definitely stings that we're not going to get anything for Youri when he leaves this summer as we desperately need these big sales to reinvest into the squad if we want to compete.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Are there any Broja, Livramento, Lavia etc Glover hallmark signings at the big 6 academies who might be an option for us?

@Ric Flair

@moore_94

I was convinced Harvey Vale was ready for first team football at the highest level and in the summer he'd only 1 year left on his Chelsea contract. He's not done a lot at Hull yet but I've not really found out if there's a reason for it yet.

Omari Hutchinson inexplicably left Arsenal U23's to go to Chelsea U23's last summer and he is ready, he rips our academy apart every time I've seen him and he's a left footed RW/ACM. Last summer was the time to get him though disillusioned at Arsenal with only 1 year on his contract to go.

I will look in to the contract status of academy players in the coming weeks to see who's prime for a move.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

...it wasn't the hip injury!!!

Maddison tends to not be the usual soccer player, with his interviews.  He is pretty much right that a player pushing to go, needs to be allowed to go, but not at a price that would see us lose out. He would probably know more than any what happened with Fofana and how it affected the team environment.  Some players would be unhappy how it went down,  and some would have made a negative judgment on Fofana. 

The best thing it seems, reading between the lines(according  to Maddison) was for Fofana to leave, for the betterment of the team.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

A load of them are probably rubbish but very interesting to see the large amount of links with Ligue 1 players

Always when we're at our best. There's no league we've done consistently better from.

depending on if the club are planning on keeping brendan or not… I would bet my dogs dinner that we try to sign Tierney. 

They are looking to offload him as he’s currently 3rd choice behind zinchenko and even tomiyasu. Still got an awful lot to offer and even scored their winner in the EL this week. 

apparently edus new transfer model is to sell off the fringe players early while their stock is still somewhat high. KT falls into that catergory and they’d probably still demand 15-20m.  (he has a long contract there still) 

Given that brendan is a big admirer and we are supposedly targeting a lb… it would make sense. 

id be all over it personally, he’s a quality player with a top attitude. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

depending on if the club are planning on keeping brendan or not… I would bet my dogs dinner that we try to sign Tierney. 

They are looking to offload him as he’s currently 3rd choice behind zinchenko and even tomiyasu. Still got an awful lot to offer and even scored their winner in the EL this week. 

apparently edus new transfer model is to sell off the fringe players early while their stock is still somewhat high. KT falls into that catergory and they’d probably still demand 15-20m.  (he has a long contract their still) 

Given that brendan is a big admirer and we are supposedly targeting a lb… it would make sense. 

id be all over it personally, he’s a quality player with a top attitude. 

Fully agree, only concern is his injury record.