Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yeah having watched the goals again, as bad as the 1st goal is, the 2nd goal is way worse.

He makes 3 mistakes essentially, doesn’t bother jumping for the cross he can make, then completely loses the goal scorer in the middle when it comes back across because he’s looking around aimlessly, then finally jogs back when he could save it off the line.

It’s not just an error leading to a goal, it’s 3 errors leading to a goal

I’ve just watched the goals back, my take is on the 1st Faes is at fault for losing the battle to win the ball from the throw in, but let’s also highlight Justin out of position jogging back, and KDH on losing possession just switching off.

as for the second it does look like as the cross comes over he could head it but loses sight of it I think, the second time it comes in it isn’t his to challenge and when the shots taken it’s over the line before he has a chance to clear it. He made some mistakes today but that’s my take on the goals.

8 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

It wasnt faultless first half. He made mistakes first half - one of which should definitely been a goal. Didn’t learn and continued to play at an extremely slow pace, continually pass to the opposition 

I was gonna say this.  As I said, he always had the look of a bomb scare about him every time he was pressed.  That back pass in the first half was a shocker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

I was gonna say this.  As I said, he always had the look of a bomb scare about him every time he was pressed.  That back pass in the first half was a shocker.

How he was done for speed in the build up of their 1st goal?

58 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

He's slow?

It looked a lack of determination to me. - after what I’d previously seen his performance really was a shocker - if it’d been Vestergaard they’d have been twice as many pages. I thought there was a lack of quality, professionalism and urgency to his play which I found staggering.

Guest StevieLynex
11 hours ago, sm1 said:

Probably on a big wedge too. Who's in charge of our recruitment?

Liz Truss. It’s just a distraction from Brendan Kwasi Kwarteng Rodgers master plan 

It does feel like a marketing trick set up by BR.

He replaced BMW with Mazda hoping that fans wouldn't realise his monumental f**k up.

Nothing special about Faes

He is not a upgrade, merely an average defender.

Cags eats him for breakfast every single day.

52 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Totally written off after a month. 

Amazing. 

I can’t speak for everyone but I’m just pissed off with everything at the club currently!

I kno he’ll be better than that performance, which was shocking let’s be right, but I think fans are more fed up with the joke that’s happening at our club then turning against which ever player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, somebum said:

Come on guys he's a young player coming into a poor defence in another country under the supervision of a complete idiot. Cut him some slack.

Exactly this, He was caught out by a premiership 50/50 which he wouldn't be used to. 

You have to think of him as an apprentice not a seasoned professional. I'm sure he'll learn from it and be better.

Oh, Don't forget he still has the own goal to come. As you says people need to cut him some slack. 

• Like 1

I like that he has a physical presence. He’s big and looks strong.

But again, we look to have signed a player with very little composure.

The number of times he slid in for challenges yesterday, completely missing them and nearly taking out the opposing player was like watching a lower league player.

He’ll win challenges sometimes and don’t look bad in the air but we’ve sold (understandably) a really clever defender in Fofana and replaced him with ANOTHER raging bull.

The problem is that I don’t trust this fookin lot to coach him properly. It looks like he’s just been shoved in at the deep end and told to get on with playing in the Premiership. 
As yet, I don’t see an improvement on Soyuncu but it IS early days with him tbf and I’m hoping to see him calm down and think about what he’s doing.

Yesterday there was a back pass in the first half where he just didn’t look up and put us in trouble and of course, he tried to pass it back to Ward, leading to their equaliser.

I just want to see a more intelligent defender in the side. Another, younger, Evans 

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

You’re as good as your last game 

We’re not a charity 

I thought you were setting up a joke with your first line.

Can you explain what you mean by this? "You're as good as your last game?"

How would you use this information

to inform your decision making?

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

The bloke had to make 7 tackles yesterday at centreback, that’s way too involved for a centreback against a shit team whatever you think of his performance, the likes of Justin aren’t helping 

99% of his game was good, but clearly a few errors have led to goals. But he's not the only one, they didn't lead directly to goals. There was plenty of opportunity for multiple players to prevent goals

• Haha 1