Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2028

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maybe they think we’ll still be building the hotel etc then

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Jeez imagine have to play your games in Milton Keynes.

Imagine having to watch your games in Milton Keynes 

"lads i've done our ballot and we've got Group B matchday 2, can't wait to see where we are going!!!!"

0bd.png

"Oh well, i'm sure we'll still be able to have it large, i've heard the Dog and Roundabout is a nice local...."

Doesn't surprise me too much when you look at the venues for the Women's Euros just gone:

A massive gap between the M62 corridor in the North and London/the South, with Stadium MK being the only venue in between.

I went to the semi-final there (did feel a bit dirty going in) but it was pretty much a full house, was well set up and showed it could cope with all UEFA's requirements. 

Women's Euros Venues Display Map

I'm sure that event will have been a big leg up for both Southampton and MK & the main reason they are on the initial list over the King Power & other stadiums that would be expected (even if they are subsequently dropped for being too small...).

• 1 month later...

Three cities/wider urban areas sharing half of the potential destinations, while areas like the East Midlands, Yorkshire and the West Country have none.

Guess I'm not that bothered mind, would no doubt only lead to some hideous stadium redevelopments in those areas anyway.

Shame our expanded stadium won't be part of this. As I think the facilities and standard of stadium will be better than Villa Park. 

I don't get why North West get 3x, North East x2. 

I get why London has 3x because that's the capital and bound to get a lot of demand. 

But no EM representation is crap. 

I don't quite get the shortlist - UEFA/FIFA are (Qatar withstanding) like to have one city hosting two stadiums, then the rest is one stadium per city. You have London with 3, Manchester with 2, Dublin 2. 

I'd actually argue that if the games played in Manchester, Dublin or Newcastle/Sunderland are within two days of each other - hotels and transport would be a problem for travelling fans. 

Also I'll believe when I see it regards Casement Park being ready. 

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Shame our expanded stadium won't be part of this. As I think the facilities and standard of stadium will be better than Villa Park. 

I don't get why North West get 3x, North East x2. 

I get why London has 3x because that's the capital and bound to get a lot of demand. 

But no EM representation is crap. 

Villa Park will be redeveloped