Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

6 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Agreed - bet the parents feel so guilty. In hindsight the kids I think are between 9-11 so at the age where they want to be off out doing stuff, and at that age you feel invincible. Completely shocking and thoughts with all the families involved and the emergency services who came to help and put their own lives in danger.

That's the trade off isn't it? People of a certain generation like to go on about how kids are soft these days because they don't do things like go out and play but kids are wreckers, I certainly was and this sort of thing sadly happens. It doesn't make it any less heartbreaking. 

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/dec/13/australian-police-try-to-understand-conspiracies-that-led-to-shooting-deaths-of-two-officers-and-four-others

Four young police officers met with a hail of bullets while visiting a property in Queensland, Australia following up a missing persons report. Two of them died. Incredibly, the shooters (now all dead) comprised two brothers, and the wife of one of the brothers. All three appear to have been involved in education, with one of them having been dismissed from his job as a school principal relatively recently.

The amazing thing to me is that that this involved three people, so can’t be written off as a lone nutter. The two brothers appear to have succumbed to online conspiracy theories.

I live in hope that we have reached, or at least are approaching “peak bullshit”, when younger generations, who have grown up with the internet, can see through the twisted morass of nonsense they see online, having been inoculated against it through early exposure.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/dec/13/australian-police-try-to-understand-conspiracies-that-led-to-shooting-deaths-of-two-officers-and-four-others

Four young police officers met with a hail of bullets while visiting a property in Queensland, Australia following up a missing persons report. Two of them died. Incredibly, the shooters (now all dead) comprised two brothers, and the wife of one of the brothers. All three appear to have been involved in education, with one of them having been dismissed from his job as a school principal relatively recently.

The amazing thing to me is that that this involved three people, so can’t be written off as a lone nutter. The two brothers appear to have succumbed to online conspiracy theories.

I live in hope that we have reached, or at least are approaching “peak bullshit”, when younger generations, who have grown up with the internet, can see through the twisted morass of nonsense they see online, having been inoculated against it through early exposure.

Just unbelievable isn't it.  How deluded and full of hate do you have to be to actually plan something like this.  FFS.

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Just unbelievable isn't it.  How deluded and full of hate do you have to be to actually plan something like this.  FFS.

Yes, I think it’s emerging that they deliberately set out to kill as many police as they could. Pre-internet, this sort of delusion came about only through cults, mostly in the US.

On 14/12/2022 at 15:24, Leicester_Loyal said:

I thought it was rather funny that it’s the RMT causing all the disruption, yet yesterday, the day without strikes, the east coast mainline completely stopped due to overhead cable issues. The railways outsourcing their work to cheap organisations is one of the exact reasons they’re striking yet not a peep in the media. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Former US President Donald Trump launches $99 NFT collection https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63995563

Anyone for a Trump trading card? The guy has lost it!! 

I’m increasingly convinced that the Republican Party is going to kick him to the kerb.

@leicsmac, what do you make of DeSantis? He seems to be Trump’s heir.

36 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I’m increasingly convinced that the Republican Party is going to kick him to the kerb.

@leicsmac, what do you make of DeSantis? He seems to be Trump’s heir.

I am loth to comment on something directly political given Mark's comments on it in the past. However...

DeSantis ticks a lot of boxes from the Repub point of view, but I'm honestly not sure how he'd fetch up against a Dem candidate when he has to appeal to more states than just his own. Of course, that would also depend on his opponent.

20 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I am loth to comment on something directly political given Mark's comments on it in the past. However...

DeSantis ticks a lot of boxes from the Repub point of view, but I'm honestly not sure how he'd fetch up against a Dem candidate when he has to appeal to more states than just his own. Of course, that would also depend on his opponent.

Didn’t he just set up a lawsuit to sue the creators of the MRNA vaccine? The guy is an absolute fruitloop. Makes Trump and Putin look sane. 

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Didn’t he just set up a lawsuit to sue the creators of the MRNA vaccine? The guy is an absolute fruitloop. Makes Trump and Putin look sane. 

... which is why I said he ticks a lot of the Repub boxes without having the same baggage Trump does.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lionator said:

No he did not.  I’d explain, but I’d rather you search/learn for yourself.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Isn’t that true about all Presidential candidates - they have to find a way to appeal to voters outside their state?

37 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Am not surprised by this sort of situation by Amazon.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/i-paid-1200-apple-laptop-7942974

I remember buying a food hamper, but to only receive a box of chocolates..

My housemate ordered one of the new Xbox’s from Amazon, received mens moisturiser instead. Was especially funny because he’d not clocked it wasn’t an Xbox until he opened it, despite everyone else realising. Amazon were ridiculously cheeky, even demanding he pay for the moisturiser or send it back. 

• Haha 1

I dont often buy many things that I'd have to go to Amazon for, but I usually end up finding things cheaper on other sites when I am searching online.

I've also found that many things listed on the site are out of stock.

I originally stopped using them because they seem like a shitty company, but going forward from that it seems like they're only really beneficial if you need your stuff the following day.