Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

10 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Absolutely cracking episode as always, Where did you come from, where did you go was a complete and utter shit show again 😂😂😂 

I do have an idea for a new quiz and possibly even a theme tune if you boys are interested 

Go on.....

5 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Foxes Fixture Flashback ……

You have to guess the fixture from yesteryear from a set of clues such as goal scorers, managers, etc etc 

theme tune Flashback by Imagination 

I like it, I'm just now very concerned we're (especially me) incapable of making games like this work 😂😂

• Haha 3

Was peak Where Did You Come From when it was all going tits up last night and a comment appeared "It's shit lads" lol

However still think it can be salvaged, as was suggested, merge it with Who Are You.

1) Start Who Are You as normal, dob and apps/goals etc, when correctly guessed 1 point.

2) Then play Where Did You Come From theme, while it plays guess the two clubs signed from and sold on to, 2 points on offer for correct clubs.

3) If it's a tie **** knows.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Was peak Where Did You Come From when it was all going tits up last night and a comment appeared "It's shit lads" lol

However still think it can be salvaged, as was suggested, merge it with Who Are You.

1) Start Who Are You as normal, dob and apps/goals etc, when correctly guessed 1 point.

2) Then play Where Did You Come From theme, while it plays guess the two clubs signed from and sold on to, 2 points on offer for correct clubs.

3) If it's a tie **** knows.

Think this is a good idea the only thing I would change is for the “where did he come from, where did he go” part you get told how many different clubs the player has played for (apart from leicester of course) and each person ‘bets’ a number of how many they think they can name. The person who said the highest number goes. 
If they get the club's correct they get a point, if not everyone else gets a point then keep a scoreboard for each game. 

• Like 1

If anyone has time to watch the Godfather trilogy in its entirety then you've time to listen to last night's @BSLBPod marathon.

We've a guest who's wiped the floor with me on Who Are Ya and WDYCFWDYG. I'm on the scrapheap.

This is an episode for those who get particularly passionate about our ownership and board, in particular our DOF. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/02/2024 at 07:44, Ric Flair said:

If anyone has time to watch the Godfather trilogy in its entirety then you've time to listen to last night's @BSLBPod marathon.

We've a guest who's wiped the floor with me on Who Are Ya and WDYCFWDYG. I'm on the scrapheap.

This is an episode for those who get particularly passionate about our ownership and board, in particular our DOF. 

Great pod as always 🙌

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Great night last night down at Heathcote Arms in Croft with Guillem Balague.

Think this might be our favourite ever pod we've recorded. Balague's explanations on Enzo's football and other stuff is captivating.

Why on earth is such a well renown Spanish football journalist now residing in Leicestershire you may ask?

Big up to @Ric Flair for sorting this one. He's helped me in my time of need between changing nappies and not sleeping.

One of my favourites too - we're blowing our own trumpet here but think you'll enjoy it.

• Thanks 3

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
1 hour ago, BSLBPod said:

Big up to @Ric Flair for sorting this one. He's helped me in my time of need between changing nappies and not sleeping.

One of my favourites too - we're blowing our own trumpet here but think you'll enjoy it.

Brilliant listening to Guillem talk about Enzo, he’s so right too, us fans that understand what Enzo is trying to do need to be louder than the ones moaning about the style, no one is bigger than the club but if Enzo went we will have to watch him go and be special and build something somewhere else

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Great night last night down at Heathcote Arms in Croft with Guillem Balague.

Think this might be our favourite ever pod we've recorded. Balague's explanations on Enzo's football and other stuff is captivating.

Why on earth is such a well renown Spanish football journalist now residing in Leicestershire you may ask?

Great episode.

really interesting comments I thought about how the club progresses - not just in terms of players but structure.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

Nice work, enjoyed it. 

Glad to hear Enzo is happy but clear he wants a better footballing structure at the club to match his ambitions. No surprise there, hope the club backs him . 

Yeah. It's clear that for this to work we have to do two things:

1) Club has to sort out FFP and get to the point where we can invest in recruitment independent of selling players. It's clear we cannot flip players and bring in a replacement all within the same window. 

2) Supporters need to get behind Maresca. Make noise and drown out the proper football fans. There's going to be a lot of struggles next year, since we're likely to be in a relegation battle. Commit to the idea, even when it's not working, and believe that the players/manager will eventually succeed.

Otherwise we're going to predictably lose Maresca to a bigger club or sack him mid season because we're struggling and the stadium atmosphere is toxic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Otherwise we're going to predictably lose Maresca to a bigger club or sack him mid season because we're struggling and the stadium atmosphere is toxic.

They didn’t do that last season until it was way too late! Imagine if they ‘jumped the gun’ next season. Would be criminal.

They (the board) need to back Enzo in the market in the summer. We need a plethora of technical, quality ball players who can implement his style. It will be an incremental process, and staying up next season is priority #1 using upgraded players, the season after hopefully a further improvement with better recruits who can implement the style further. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Listening at the moment. So am I right in thinking that Guillem suggested 10-12 or maybe 12-14 players from our current squad would be good enough for the PL? That does sound about right, but my oh my that's a proper rebuild in the summer. Which makes sense, given a bunch are off on frees anyway. But still...a lot of business to do in the summer.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Listening at the moment. So am I right in thinking that Guillem suggested 10-12 or maybe 12-14 players from our current squad would be good enough for the PL? That does sound about right, but my oh my that's a proper rebuild in the summer. Which makes sense, given a bunch are off on frees anyway. But still...a lot of business to do in the summer.

He got a bit cryptic at point as if he didn't want to give anything away but it demonstrates the task on hand in the summer.

We're going to need to be all over the free agent market.

• Like 2