Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

45 minutes ago, BSLBPod said:

He got a bit cryptic at point as if he didn't want to give anything away but it demonstrates the task on hand in the summer.

We're going to need to be all over the free agent market.

Yeah it makes sense, Enzo is his mate after all so smart to not go into detail about it, as Guillem's opinion could easily be attributed to Enzo, or at least influenced by it. I thought he showed that degree of awareness in the way he answered one of you essentially asking which players in the squad are PL ready hahahaha.

Well done Boys, this was a really enjoyable, insightful pod. Guillem seems like a great guy, and it's so refreshing to have someone in the media who can talk about us and not just lazily suggest our squad is just PL players so that should mean we win the league.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BSLBPod said:

He got a bit cryptic at point as if he didn't want to give anything away but it demonstrates the task on hand in the summer.

We're going to need to be all over the free agent market.

If you look through our squad and who is out of contact, you can see we probably need to recruit 8-10 players in the summer...

An absolute Masterpiece lads.  I throughly enjoyed it …..especially Ric’s veiled references to our esteemed DoF.

To attract a guest like that shows you are all doing something right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Great listen and he’s spot on about all of this. Imagine we scare this guy off because of Jon ‘the tracksuit’ Rudkin and coach 1 gerritforward brigade. I’d be fuming 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That was my favourite episode so far! Perfect length of time for a slow 10k on Sunday morning.

Ballague was far more understanding towards those fans who don’t get the football, I certainly didn’t until around October/November time. Albeit, I was still in awe of Enzo at the time, given our number of wins. We need to sing his name more at home, that’s clear from what was said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was funny listening to this and then the club having Tony Cottee on Foxes Player commentary for the Watford game.

Cottee, great player one of my favourites but awful comments in terms of we need to lump it up to the big man and praising Watford for sending the CB forwards late on and calling it proper football. 
If the club want us all to get behind Enzo, they need to make sure the comments coming through to fans help them understand what is happening in the game and why.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AjcW said:

Not been able to listen yet, does he go into detail about how on earth he's ended up in Leicester? lol 

It's a really interesting story as well

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It was funny listening to this and then the club having Tony Cottee on Foxes Player commentary for the Watford game.

Cottee, great player one of my favourites but awful comments in terms of we need to lump it up to the big man and praising Watford for sending the CB forwards late on and calling it proper football. 
If the club want us all to get behind Enzo, they need to make sure the comments coming through to fans help them understand what is happening in the game and why.

Agreed. It’s good to find jobs for the legends but listening to some of the drivel from Cottee on commentary was mind numbing. He quite clearly has little to no grasp of modern football and it was painful at points him talking dinosaur opinions on football. Can we not get the likes of Liam Moore on commentary instead?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Agreed. It’s good to find jobs for the legends but listening to some of the drivel from Cottee on commentary was mind numbing. He quite clearly has little to no grasp of modern football and it was painful at points him talking dinosaur opinions on football. Can we not get the likes of Liam Moore on commentary instead?  

Liam Moore was great on Radio Leicester. Very articulate lad.

• Like 1

A great episode, lads. Every single City fan should listen to it. Especially the "0.01%". Confirms what most of us already knew. 

Didn't actually realise that Guillem had moved away from here! He used to run an over 40+ footie session on Friday afternoons a few years ago, so got to know him a little bit. Proper gent. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Liam Moore was great on Radio Leicester. Very articulate lad.

Find it bonkers he doesn't have a club at any level! Would have happily had him in the U23's like we did with Hammond. 

I know he's had his injuries but there's teams in this division and league 1 with HONKING defenders.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I found his comments about there being a culture war taking place in football and certain older fans feel the games being taken away from them really Intresting. I hadn't really thought of it like that it does give some context the grumbling about the style of football being boring and the shouts of Gerrit forward. 

The part about wanting to feel emotion was so well observed. The heart v the brain debate. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I found his comments about there being a culture war taking place in football and certain older fans feel the games being taken away from them really Intresting. I hadn't really thought of it like that it does give some context the grumbling about the style of football being boring and the shouts of Gerrit forward. 

This can be applied to anything can’t it? 

It’s the whole “youth of today” argument has now morphed into “cultural changes or cancelling culture”…. Over the last decade I’d say there’s been a noticeably more emphasis placed on this theory, across all walks of life. 

Rather than suggest that things are “not the same as they used to be” which I think we can probably agree was our grandparents suggesting things are not as good as they used to be, it’s more of an “things have changed”…

Like I eluded too in an earlier post, in the last 20-30 years international football has been more widely available for us to see, and those who were raised in the era of Sky will be more accepting of the wider football culture, and now you can see this, as it forms the fundamentals of our game. 

The game has evolved with the times, just the way it is. 

1 hour ago, Balders65 said:

Really enjoyed that podcast, I’d suggest the 0.01% watch this video that’s probably been mentioned before, explains the man’s tactical thinking. Keep it up fellahs 👏

Can we have a tifo that’s just a giant QR code of this video? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1