Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

7 hours ago, FLAN said:

All about opinions and they were well reasoned. I worry that part of our malaise is allowing players to stroll through games with no consequences 

I think part of our malaise is under performing players that previously have been exceptional for us (Barnes, Ndidi, Vardy etc) have not been able to snap out or been inspired to do so by the current regime. It wouldn't surprise me one iota of a new manager with zest for the job and on a huge charm offensive (like Brendan did 4 years ago) came in and got their confidence and momentum up and quite quickly those players regain their performance levels.

Only have to look at Rashford, Shaw, Fernandes etc at Utd to see what is possible with confidence of a manager who wants to be there and not bury them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What have Tete and Ric Flair got in common?

They both come from the favellas i hear you ask ! (my Dad was born on the toilet in Earl Shilton)..... NO

We both signed on the dotted line yesterday. The @BSLBPod have secured me for a month long residency and let's hope I don't tarnish their fine reputation.

Note to self, put yourself on mute when the bairns are menacing you for crisps or when I'm cracking open a tin and invest in a microphone.

WE'RE HERE FOR A LONG TIME, NOT A GOOD TIME

Are you on an exclusive contract? Are we losing our Ric from FT???

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What have Tete and Ric Flair got in common?

They both come from the favellas i hear you ask ! (my Dad was born on the toilet in Earl Shilton)..... NO

We both signed on the dotted line yesterday. The @BSLBPod have secured me for a month long residency and let's hope I don't tarnish their fine reputation.

Note to self, put yourself on mute when the bairns are menacing you for crisps or when I'm cracking open a tin and invest in a microphone.

WE'RE HERE FOR A LONG TIME, NOT A GOOD TIME

Listened again, good stuff as ever but I now have the 'Who are you...?' theme on repeat in my head after someone left it playing in the background before the end.

WHO IS YOUR DADDY AND WHAT DOES HE DO?! SHUT IT ARNIE!! :frusty:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, stu said:

Listened again, good stuff as ever but I now have the 'Who are you...?' theme on repeat in my head after someone left it playing in the background before the end.

WHO IS YOUR DADDY AND WHAT DOES HE DO?! SHUT IT ARNIE!! :frusty:

No coincidence that when @Ric Flairis on the audio goes to absolute chaos. 

Thanks for listening 👌

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 31/01/2023 at 19:20, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Enjoyed this again. Massive shame that the Fox isn't going anymore but this style of podcast seems to be a natural replacement to a fanzine in the modern age. 

That's a lovely thing to say mate to be compared to the fox, we've got a way to catch up with what they did and achieved but really appreciate  the sentiment.

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't know how I expected you to sound @Ric Flair... But it wasn't like that lol

I've recieved the most ridiculous voice joke from @Ric Flair today and all i can hear in my head now is him saying 'unsavoury'.

Edited by BSLBPod
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BrummieFOX said:

Yeh another great ep! Really enjoying these.

Got to say I agreed with Stringer about not dropping Tielemans, we'd be mad to do so. 

It's the conundrum we are going to have to resolve. The ideal team is the one that started vs Villa but if we get exposed in midfield for having no recognised DCM then a difficult decision has to be made.

It's pretty unthinkable to drop Tielemans and if we dropped KDH then we lose a huge part of our energy and pressing, which helps Iheanacho who doesn't do that as strongly as Daka does. 

I'm nervous that this midfield trio was used during the latter rounds of the Conference League and it wasn't as fluent as we hoped it might be against the better sides. Spurs under Conte remind me of Roma under Mourinho and I hope we aren't made to pay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's the conundrum we are going to have to resolve. The ideal team is the one that started vs Villa but if we get exposed in midfield for having no recognised DCM then a difficult decision has to be made.

It's pretty unthinkable to drop Tielemans and if we dropped KDH then we lose a huge part of our energy and pressing, which helps Iheanacho who doesn't do that as strongly as Daka does. 

I'm nervous that this midfield trio was used during the latter rounds of the Conference League and it wasn't as fluent as we hoped it might be against the better sides. Spurs under Conte remind me of Roma under Mourinho and I hope we aren't made to pay.

Yeh, definitely agree there's a conundrum there and was suprised he went with that 3, especially away from home. Obviously paid off. A really interesting one with no perfect solution. But if I had to pick it'd be KDH for Soumare I think. 

Listened to this again this week after enjoying last week.

Gave up on Radio Leicester Pod a while ago, Had Undr The Cosh, Fozcast and Crouchy on instead but nice to have a decent LCFC based one on in the car during these long journeys.

Enjoyed having Stringer on, who was his dig aimed at the end of the pod? The RL Pod? 

Still hate the Big Strong Leicester Boys name though lol

Keep it up, will be tuning in again next week :appl:

• Like 1

Never really been into podcasts that much but found myself enjoying this, great work by everyone involved!

It's become part of my Monday morning routine now - drop the kid off at school, back home, fire the laptop up, cup of coffee and whack on BSLB haha.

• Haha 1

Enjoyed the episode and thought Ian Stringer was fine - similar to Jason Bourne really.

TBH I think all the LCFC podcast efforts are pretty great in their own way, and they're all different enough to exist together.

-For Fox Sake

-Leicester City Pubcast

-It's Eleven Its Heaven...

-US Foxes

'Leicester Till I Die' is not my cup of tea at all, but there's definitely an audience for it.