Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Every club in Europe sees us coming now , the old big profit days are well and truly over. Unless of course we sell academy players.

True.

We also need to buy ready to go players with the position we're in and they're going to cost more.  We don't have a core team overperforming (or even not underperforming) that gives us time to bring through players gradually.  We've broken most of our potential saleable assets.  We will still get the occasional Fofana where we make decent profit on a big purchase but they'll be few and far between. 

We need investment into youngsters to bolster the academy as that's where our future revenue and payers need to come from since we can't compete with the rich clubs. I thought that was the plan with Seagrave but we haven't seen enough improvement to the youth coaching set-up to make it happen.  We spent loads building it but not much filling it with talent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I never really understand why people get so dismissive of fees that have to be paid later on. It's still money we owe someone, its still going to have to be covered by income at some point. 

Regardless of the structure of the payments its going to be about twice the price that was initially reported and it's a lot of money for an untested left back. 

Don't think it's dismissive for people to point out that add-ons will be objectives based, so we don't actually 'owe' any related payments as it stands i,e. they might not have to be covered by income, ever.

Assuming (!) those add-ons are well framed/targetted, I'd have thought the best case scenario is we end up paying out on all of them.

• Like 2

I never really understand why people get so dismissive of fees that have to be paid later on. It's still money we owe someone, its still going to have to be covered by income at some point. 

Regardless of the structure of the payments its going to be about twice the price that was initially reported and it's a lot of money for an untested left back. 

Not dismissive I understand the point. More the 20m figure you quoted is slightly misleading. 

I think it depends on what the structure is if it tied to the club being successful I'm fine with it,

Unfortunately these are the perils of not doing your business in the summer, people now we are in the sticky stuff so bump up the price.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I think it depends on what the structure is if it tied to the club being successful I'm fine with it,

Unfortunately these are the perils of not doing your business in the summer, people now we are in the sticky stuff so bump up the price.

It's a dicey business. It is what it is unfortunately and every player is a gamble that must be gambled on.

He and Luke are similar ages. Luke has done the hard miles in the PL. The Danish league cannot compare. He has performed well in Europe and Luke has had some good matches as well. Luke has international recognitition , so must be regarded as a talented player. I hope the lad performs well but I would not expect him to be a substantial improvement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

He and Luke are similar ages. Luke has done the hard miles in the PL. The Danish league cannot compare. He has performed well in Europe and Luke has had some good matches as well. Luke has international recognitition , so must be regarded as a talented player. I hope the lad performs well but I would not expect him to be a substantial improvement.

Totally, totally, totally disagree 🙄. Thomas is not good enough he simply makes too many mistakes, becomes out of position too easily, hardly ever crosses the ball in the box, can't win headers and gets mullered by the better wingers in opposition teams. 

Some say that "he had salah in his back pocket" in the Liverpool game but in my opinion it was our formation with the CB's and Soumare squeezing that flank whenever salah got the ball. 

He isn't the answer and kristian looks better in all regards. Time will tell though and I may eat some humble pie.

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Not , strong enough, fast enough or good enough. Should be set for life, good luck to him, but no where the level we need. Glad we are getting a replacement

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

With respect Thomas wouldn't even be at the club this season if everyone was fit, would've been out on loan. Kristiansen has more international recognition than Thomas does even at youth level. Kristiansen has played almost every available minute of UCL football for FCK as well, including twice vs Man City, averaging 6.7 rating. Thomas' last game vs Man City he managed an entire 5.3 rating. But yeah, unlikely to be a substantial improvement :appl:

8 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

With respect Thomas wouldn't even be at the club this season if everyone was fit, would've been out on loan. Kristiansen has more international recognition than Thomas does even at youth level. Kristiansen has played almost every available minute of UCL football for FCK as well, including twice vs Man City, averaging 6.7 rating. Thomas' last game vs Man City he managed an entire 5.3 rating. But yeah, unlikely to be a substantial improvement :appl:

Luke was never going to be first choice when JJ and Ricci were available but now he could be fifth so I would expect him to leave in the next twelve months. I think he should because I believe he is better than some think. I suppose this Danish lad knows , when all fit , he will be on the bench a lot. He will have to be patient.

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I suppose this Danish lad knows , when all fit , he will be on the bench a lot. He will have to be patient.

What this Danish lad knows is that he's going to the Footballers' Promised Land of the Premier League at a guaranteed ₤2M a year* for five years.  That and "I wonder what the birds look like over there" will be the depth of his thinking.

He's 20 -- all confidence, with almost no experience except success -- and will rate himself to get, and stay, in the XI.

If he does end up on the bench, I doubt we can expect patience.  (Nor will he get much from the stands.)

* I've no idea of the salary but for the fee will paying, it will likely be this or more

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Luke was never going to be first choice when JJ and Ricci were available but now he could be fifth so I would expect him to leave in the next twelve months. I think he should because I believe he is better than some think. I suppose this Danish lad knows , when all fit , he will be on the bench a lot. He will have to be patient.

Luke has suffered for the lack of a years loan, I'm not saying he's bad but there's certainly room for improvement, my hope would be he goes on loan in the coming season depending what other options are looking like fitness wise. I disagree with when all fit he'll be on the bench, he's got a good shot at landing himself starting spot between now and the end of the season. No guarantee JJ or Ricky will come back and immediately be at the required level either. 

9 minutes ago, KingsX said:

What this Danish lad knows is that he's going to the Footballers' Promised Land of the Premier League at a guaranteed ₤2M a year* for five years.  That and "I wonder what the birds look like over there" will be the depth of his thinking.

He's 20 -- all confidence, with almost no experience except success -- and will rate himself to get, and stay, in the XI.

If he does end up on the bench, I doubt we can expect patience.  (Nor will he get much from the stands.)

* I've no idea of the salary but for the fee will paying, it will likely be this or more

Coming from Copenhagen he is going to be bitterly disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

Luke has suffered for the lack of a years loan, I'm not saying he's bad but there's certainly room for improvement, my hope would be he goes on loan in the coming season depending what other options are looking like fitness wise. I disagree with when all fit he'll be on the bench, he's got a good shot at landing himself starting spot between now and the end of the season. No guarantee JJ or Ricky will come back and immediately be at the required level either. 

I get quoted this loan thing a lot but most of our loanees  get benched and don't play. A season of a few starts in div.1 doesn't do your confidence much good. Only the much maligned Hamza is a guaranteed starter at the moment.

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

"we work at snails pace on and off the pitch"

"we work at snails pace on and off the pitch"

"on and off the piiiiitch"

That's now my earworm for the afternoon. 😁

Altogether now.........

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I think Luke is well out of his depth. Offers us nothing and opponents target him as he is a mid championship player. May improve but shouldn't be near our first 11. Hence this being a priority signing.

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I get quoted this loan thing a lot but most of our loanees  get benched and don't play. A season of a few starts in div.1 doesn't do your confidence much good. Only the much maligned Hamza is a guaranteed starter at the moment.

Gonna agree to disagree tbh, a lot of our loans to lower English leagues have worked well, and come back better or at least having learnt something, rather than be played constantly at a level that's at their current ceiling or beyond that.