Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen

Well, I'm happy with this. A young baller left back who shows promise of being able to do it all but perhaps not lightning pace. Always gonna cost an extra ten million euro in January - it's the cost of operating in this window. We just have to suck  it up. On to the next target.

• Like 1

Looks encouraging.  Will be a boost to the squad to have a new player and provide much needed competition.

Let's hope he doesn't get injured in the first week and let's see how long it will be before Rodgers thinks he will be ready to play as a starter. Fingers crossed this actually gets done. price is quite high but if it includes add ons then those can be spread into another financial year.

13 minutes ago, reynard said:

Looks encouraging.  Will be a boost to the squad to have a new player and provide much needed competition.

Let's hope he doesn't get injured in the first week and let's see how long it will be before Rodgers thinks he will be ready to play as a starter. Fingers crossed this actually gets done. price is quite high but if it includes add ons then those can be spread into another financial year.

Looking forward to his debut away at Portman Road in August.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Looks like we will have a mobile left footed left back that can finally allow us to play 352 with actual balance to the side

Hopefully, a long with a right winger and centreback, we can imitate how Gasperini’s Atalanta side play

Just now, Finnegan said:

It looked like a genius bit of up selling business at 7m or whatever it was at first. 

At near enough 20, this kid needs to be pretty damn good now and really grow. Making solid profit off a 20m left back won't be straight forward. Especially at the rate we cripple them. 

I mean Ricardo and JJ should have both brought tidy profit. 

I'm not complaining, it's still a fairly promising deal. But some of the excitement is definitely blunted by the fee. 

In fairness it’s €20m, so £17m. Total package (including add ons - which we may or may not reach). So closer to £12m up front fee. 

So not as cheap as initially suggested, but certainly not breaking the bank. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

In fairness it’s €20m, so £17m. Total package (including add ons - which we may or may not reach). So closer to £12m up front fee. 

So not as cheap as initially suggested, but certainly not breaking the bank. 

I never really understand why people get so dismissive of fees that have to be paid later on. It's still money we owe someone, its still going to have to be covered by income at some point. 

Regardless of the structure of the payments its going to be about twice the price that was initially reported and it's a lot of money for an untested left back. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It looked like a genius bit of up selling business at 7m or whatever it was at first. 

At near enough 20, this kid needs to be pretty damn good now and really grow. Making solid profit off a 20m left back won't be straight forward. Especially at the rate we cripple them. 

I mean Ricardo and JJ should have both brought tidy profit. 

I'm not complaining, it's still a fairly promising deal. But some of the excitement is definitely blunted by the fee. 

I agree it's disappointing compared to what looked like a real LCFC of old deal but in fairness we need to look at right now and not what profit we can make off him.  If he does pull up trees then prime left backs can go for 40-50 mill.  If he's just steady then we probably keep him as a decent squad player.  If he's crap then we won't pay the add-ons and probably take a hit of 10 mill.  If his arrival (and hopefully a couple of others) gives us enough of a boost to stay up then it's worthwhile.  Hopefully he's on sensible wages as well which helps us come summer rebuild.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

I agree it's disappointing compared to what looked like a real LCFC of old deal but in fairness we need to look at right now and not what profit we can make off him.  If he does pull up trees then prime left backs can go for 40-50 mill.  If he's just steady then we probably keep him as a decent squad player.  If he's crap then we won't pay the add-ons and probably take a hit of 10 mill.  If his arrival (and hopefully a couple of others) gives us enough of a boost to stay up then it's worthwhile.  Hopefully he's on sensible wages as well which helps us come summer rebuild.

Every club in Europe sees us coming now , the old big profit days are well and truly over. Unless of course we sell academy players.

19 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I don't want to put the Kibosh on this signing, but how long before he does his ACL?

Need to get those Buddhist monks over and give him a blessing.

How long before he gets a hypothetical injury that he has no record of having previously? Funnily enough I have absolutely no idea.