Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc098

Hogwarts Legacy

Bought it for the missus on ps5 and she's a huge Potter fan and loving it. After her excitement I decided to grab it on pc and give it a go. It's pretty decent but nothing about it is groundbreaking. Seems to be game of the century for hardcore Potter fans and a good to decent AAA title for everyone else tbh. 

This may sound daft but would someone who doesn’t like Harry Potter like this game? 

Never really got into HP but just keep seeing everyone say how good this is and it’s tempting me. 

The daft part of the question in my eyes and probably everyone else’s, is why would someone who doesn’t like HP like a HP game but… if it’s open world, exploring, flying around and finding things etc I could well enjoy it, if it’s reliving Harry Potters screen life I probably won’t. 

1 minute ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

This may sound daft but would someone who doesn’t like Harry Potter like this game? 

Never really got into HP but just keep seeing everyone say how good this is and it’s tempting me. 

The daft part of the question in my eyes and probably everyone else’s, is why would someone who doesn’t like HP like a HP game but… if it’s open world, exploring, flying around and finding things etc I could well enjoy it, if it’s reliving Harry Potters screen life I probably won’t. 

I think so, have you played Fable/Skyrim/Witcher?

There’s absolutely zero mention of HP in the game, just think of it as one of the above titles. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

I have a couple of friends playing and loving this who have never been interested in the books/movies, so there’s a fair chance you’d enjoy it still 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I've seen it's been very well received. You need to be into the source material to play this or? 

See I like good single player games but I think Harry Potter is fvcking terrible, so... 

ive seen a fair bit of it, and i like single player story games but im still not interested in playing this because it harry potter

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

I'll probably get this as the other half loved HP but im sure as ****ery not paying £75 

The below link is for Xbox, although I think the PS5 version is on there as well.

Hogwarts Legacy - £40

Probably as cheap as it's going to be a for a good while, considering the reviews being as good as they are.

Only played a couple hours so far, but the gameplay seems entertaining and the world looks to have been built extremely well. 

Edited by samlcfc

14 minutes ago, Beliall said:

ive seen a fair bit of it, and i like single player story games but im still not interested in playing this because it harry potter

Kind of where I am with it. 

If it ever appears on GamePass I'd deffo give it a go, but CBA to spend a wedge on it because Potter is trash. 

Edited by RoboFox

Have bought this for my son on my steam account; he's getting his first gaming PC for his birthday.

Is it suitable for an 11 year old? Anything in there he shouldn't be seeing? I can't imagine there is, but thought it best to check?

I paid less than £40 on PC by the way, so not sure where £75 is coming from? Is that the cost on PS5?

19 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Have bought this for my son on my steam account; he's getting his first gaming PC for his birthday.

Is it suitable for an 11 year old? Anything in there he shouldn't be seeing? I can't imagine there is, but thought it best to check?

I paid less than £40 on PC by the way, so not sure where £75 is coming from? Is that the cost on PS5?

I have played about 25 hours now and so far I wouldn’t say there is anything not suitable - the worst I think is that at times with certain spells you turn people to dust but that is about it!

The best way I have seen it suggested is if you would be happy to let him watch the later Harry Potter films then this will be fine

£75 is for the digital deluxe version

On 20/02/2023 at 08:52, moore_94 said:

I have played about 25 hours now and so far I wouldn’t say there is anything not suitable - the worst I think is that at times with certain spells you turn people to dust but that is about it!

The best way I have seen it suggested is if you would be happy to let him watch the later Harry Potter films then this will be fine

£75 is for the digital deluxe version

I remember running around with a cap gun when I was 7 years old...  and now we are worried about kids getting turned into dust???!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just finished after 37 hours and I really enjoyed it

The story is decent but as a big Harry Potter fan just being able to explore Hogwarts and Hogsmeade etc. just adds so much to the game for me personally, and the developers absolutely smashed it in that aspect

The combat is really fun and learning to play around with spell combos gives it good variety, although of course once you get the killing curse that can make some boss fights easy (thankfully it has a long recharge)

Still got a bit of exploring to do and some more field pages, outfits, and other collectables etc. to find to get to 100%, currently sat on 78%

At some point I will do other playthroughs with different houses, I did Gryffindor first time, just so I can experience the difference common rooms and the couple of house specific quests

If you are a Harry Potter, I would say this is definitely the Harry Potter-esque game most people will have always wanted to play

Definitely about an 8, maybe an 8.5 out of 10 for me

Edited by moore_94

On 21/02/2023 at 21:03, filthyfox said:

I remember running around with a cap gun when I was 7 years old...  and now we are worried about kids getting turned into dust???!!!

Haha what I meant was that the game makes it very clear you are killing people in some pretty brutal ways

• 4 weeks later...