Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ElusiveEd

Footie Ground Food

There are some decent burger vans outside our ground but I look at our stuff inside the KP and am never impressed enough to buy anything and don't see many others eating on the concourse either.

Could be worse tho I guess......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11754475/The-WORST-football-stadium-food-left-fans-kicking-off.html

I'd imagine the cost puts people off, compared to what you get. Not to mention current cost-of-living crisis making people think twice about buying the over-priced food at the ground.

It's a shame more and more stadia/arenas prevent you from bringing your own food and drink into the ground. Totally get the reasons why, but I don't like that there's nigh on a total ban on it, especially at times like these.

I think in my whole time I've been going to the KP, I can count one on hand how many times I feel like I've had 'good' food there. A nice Pukka Pie or balti pie or a sausage roll. And that's about it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'd imagine the cost puts people off, compared to what you get. Not to mention current cost-of-living crisis making people think twice about buying the over-priced food at the ground.

It's a shame more and more stadia/arenas prevent you from bringing your own food and drink into the ground. Totally get the reasons why, but I don't like that there's nigh on a total ban on it, especially at times like these.

I think in my whole time I've been going to the KP, I can count one on hand how many times I feel like I've had 'good' food there. A nice Pukka Pie or balti pie or a sausage roll. And that's about it!

Agreed, 

Not much change out of £20 for 2 hot dogs, chips and soft drinks outside the ground these days.

The one we tend to use sits outside the family stand. Their foot long Lincolnshire hot dogs are pretty decent, just bloody expensive now. Even my 13 year old often says "No thanks dad, it's too much for just a hot dog and chips"

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Most of the food is a rip off of course - over priced and poor quality.

We've just had a letter to fans saying flask and hot food are now banned from being allowed at the ground.

Didn't go down very well at all but probably not the only ones doing this. 

Does the wenzel’s open on match day’s?

It's never been good, still got bad memories of the soup I was served at Oakwell in 1997. Saw a pie for a decent price at Canvey Island and was served something roughly the size of a deck of playing cards.

I rarely bother at league grounds, though. Most of them are at the very least near a McDonalds.