Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Trainers thread.

45 minutes ago, Royston. said:

At what age do you get too old for trainers?

I don't see why there needs to be a cut off, if anything the older you get the more you focus on comfort and what's practical. I'll happily wear Reebok classics in my 80's if I make it lol

As for now, I always wear black trainers these days and often re visit puma suedes as a safe bet. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Trainer prices now are reaching daft levels. 

Madness frankly.  I've taken to scouring vinted*.  Managed to get some originals Stan Smith worn once for like £10, mint condition and in a half size as well. 

*My wife scours vinted.  She has more pairs of Nike in various forms than I have clothes full stop.  

19 hours ago, Royston. said:

Never too old for trainers, but Im on the fence with tracksuits. I feel a tw@t in them and will only wear bottoms around the house but I miss wearing them. I don't look at people my age and older in tracksuits and think they are too old to wear them.  As comfortable as they are, I just don't feel comfortable in public as i feel like a chav. My height don't help being a short arse! 

during the last year or two i have had a bit of fun with buying and selling Nikes online. 

Started with a pair of Brushstroke Jordan 1's (RRP £119) and sold them on for a profit. after 34 trades I am currently up to a pair of SB Chunky Dunks which i will trade again when the weather improves as seem to sell better when its warm! 

Aim is to get to something around 2.5k in price and then cash out and start again. No real risk involved as you can always cash out for more than the original retail price. 

Only risk is the postage currently! 

Edited by goose2010
  • Like 2

On 23/02/2023 at 19:25, Royston. said:

Never!! With the possible exception of Nike the majority I buy are from companies that were around before I was born. They’re incredibly comfortable,  perfect for middle aged blokes carrying a bit of timber. 

I picked up quite a collection through the early stages of Covid. Everywhere had amazing deals on them, I was working throughout and didn’t have time to build the bar in my garden so went online shopping…a lot! I don’t count them anymore and it’s a little embarrassing when people ask how many I have (let’s just say the spare room is pretty full and if I rotated I wouldn’t wear any pair more than four times a year) 

Primarily Adidas, followed by Onitsuka Tiger, Puma, Nike, Reebok, Vans, Converse a couple of pairs of Asics, a pair of Saucony and a er pair of Skechers :blush:

I tend to buy what I like, not what’s ‘in’.

The most I’ve paid for a pair is about £85 for a pair of Adidas Barrowland Spezial’s which don’t really feel that special tbh. The most expensive pair are a pair of Onitsuka Tiger ‘Nippon Made’ Tai Chi’s which retail at £200 but I picked them up BNIB on Vinted for £40. I think the seller got them mixed up with their basic made in Vietnam pair, which retails around £80. 

I’ve got a few pairs of the Adidas city series , smart shoes but I wouldn’t want to wear them on a proper away day. I actually prefer runners, skate shoes or Adidas ZX series for comfort. 

Trainers are probably my thing, usually teamed up with a pair of Levi’s 502’s , 511’s or 512’s. I don’t really do designer my  tops are usually high Street H&M, Zara, Levi’s, Adidas etc. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Livid said:

Not great :(

JD are closing it for a Size? store as well. 

I just don’t get the point particularly. More or less catering to the same crowd but Wellgosh is an institution with a reputation wider than just Leicester when it comes to trainer/streetwear crowds.

Absolute waste of a well-reputed independent store for just another chain shop. Guess that was the case JD bought it really.

• Like 2

Wellgosh has served its Time, Pete was working too hard to keep up with all the big companies and done it well enough for JD Group to come along with a nice enough pay day that he can now relax a little although they kept him on to run the store as was just under different ownership! 
He’s personally helped me with projects I’ve done in the past for charity work with donations so always thank him for that and I’ve spent some serious money in there in return. Some real bargains to be had online there at the minute too 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...