Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
6 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I would be interested to know the number of people who still believe in Rodgers turned against Puel. Things have been, in my view, and relative to talent available, worse on the pitch that ever under Puel and for longer than Puel was even in charge.

 

The only conclusion is that anyone in the above category just likes his teeth!

It’s all about their relative accents.

  • Like 2
Posted
16 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

It’s all about their relative accents.

My comment but a bit of a pisstake but I do think it’s true like you say.

 

The evidence on the pitch does not look great for either and as I say, for Rodgers, it’s been shit for longer than Puel was even in charge and given a chance.

 

People will say he won the FA cup and 5th place finishes yes. Puel on the other hand build the squad up ready for that.

 

It comes down to whether you care whether the club is in long term good hands up a bit of instant success followed by terminal decline.

 

And of course being sucked in by ‘perceived’ personality. 

  • Like 2
Guest Lako42
Posted

I wanted him sacked before the Forest game last season tbh. 

 

The time spent since then has just been a complete waste and makes it even harder to get a grip on it. 

Guest Lako42
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Perhaps a place for you on the board would be in order.

 

That would be nice 

Posted
1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

I would be interested to know the number of people who still believe in Rodgers turned against Puel. Things have been, in my view, and relative to talent available, worse on the pitch that ever under Puel and for longer than Puel was even in charge.

 

The only conclusion is that anyone in the above category just likes his teeth!

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority but I didn't want Puel out. I thought he was building a good team and before he was sacked we'd just outplayed Spurs but managed to lose. I think Brendan did a decent job but his time here was done long ago.

  • Like 1
Guest Lako42
Posted
17 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Go for it 😊

I mean, I'm not him...

Posted

The amount of people that still back Rodgers is absolutely incredible. I've said for a while, if he was a likeable guy then maybe people would cut him some slack but he's absolutely unbearable. Unfortunately a lot of the Rodgers lovers make more noise than the ones that want him out and it seems alot of them go to the games and will quite happily clap along and cheer when we are getting pumped by Blackburn. The old line of "but we were in league one a few years back, we should be grateful for where we are" fcks me off more than anything. Also the "Rodgers haters are deluded after we won the league and expect us to be top 4 every year". No I just expect our players to be fit, motivated and play with pride and passion and adapt a style that suits the players we have available rather than trying to make players play a certain way they aren't capable of doing (see the original post re Ndidi). Clubs a shambles and I include our fan base in this! 

  • Like 2
Posted
43 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority but I didn't want Puel out. I thought he was building a good team and before he was sacked we'd just outplayed Spurs but managed to lose. I think Brendan did a decent job but his time here was done long ago.

I was the same, I saw value in what he was doing, a bit Pearson esk on a smaller scale but he was bringing good players in. Perhaps he wasn’t long term but the hate he got was incredible really. 

  • Like 3
Posted
31 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Disagree. We created so little under Puel and we’re dragged up the league solely by Vardy a lot of the time, who had an incredible shot to goal ratio at the time. How he got 20 league goals in that Puel side I’ll never know.

 

Puel had a really exciting young team but shackled them with his negative style of play. 
 

When Rodgers first came in, he actually got us to attack and was a breath of fresh air.
 

Vardy for that first year or so under Rodgers, between Feb 2019-the March 2020 lockdown was the best Leicester player I’ve ever seen, even better than him, Mahrez or Kante in the title winning season. Think he got around 30 goals in 32 games or something and only Messi and Lewandowski scored more than Vardy in that time.

 

Rodgers is a short term manager like Bielsa or Mourinho and he’s gone well past stale here and should go, but let’s not rewrite history with Puel and pretend Puel was a great manager and it wasn’t Rodgers who got that team playing to their potential when they were being properly shackled by Puel-ball.

My point when it comes to Puel is that he didn’t deserve the hate he got. He probably was limited as a coach. His strength probably lies within scouting or DoF in honesty. But he seemed like a good guy and was doing right by the club in terms of the squad building and didn’t deserve the hate.

 

On the point about Vardy carrying the side, that is us for the last near on two year but substitute the name Vardy for Iheanacho and Maddison!

  • Like 1
Posted
12 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

The amount of people that still back Rodgers is absolutely incredible. I've said for a while, if he was a likeable guy then maybe people would cut him some slack but he's absolutely unbearable. Unfortunately a lot of the Rodgers lovers make more noise than the ones that want him out and it seems alot of them go to the games and will quite happily clap along and cheer when we are getting pumped by Blackburn. The old line of "but we were in league one a few years back, we should be grateful for where we are" fcks me off more than anything. Also the "Rodgers haters are deluded after we won the league and expect us to be top 4 every year". No I just expect our players to be fit, motivated and play with pride and passion and adapt a style that suits the players we have available rather than trying to make players play a certain way they aren't capable of doing (see the original post re Ndidi). Clubs a shambles and I include our fan base in this! 

I'd be interested to see where the overlap is between people who considered Nigel Pearson to be "arrogant" and people who actually buy into Brendan Rodgers bullshit on a weekly basis.

 

Some people are just drawn to a certain type of charlatan.

  • Like 1
Posted
5 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

I'd be interested to see where the overlap is between people who considered Nigel Pearson to be "arrogant" and people who actually buy into Brendan Rodgers bullshit on a weekly basis.

 

Some people are just drawn to a certain type of charlatan.

Huge difference between Rodgers and Pearson in that Pearson genuinely cared about the club and the fans, Rodgers only cares about himself. Pearson was arrogant but I felt he was often quite funny with it and he said what he thought and didn't bull shit like Rodgers does. I'll always appreciate Rodgers for our first fa Cup win but I honestly can't stand the guy now to the point I consider not even watching games anymore. I always end up been drawn back in on match day but he really has sucked any enjoyment out of watching LCFC. 

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...