Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

13 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

This, let’s see if we can have a more hated DOF than the one we currently have.

For me his problem was that his strong accent created difficulties with communication in English. For that reason he wouldn't be ideal in any capacity in an English speaking country. But hating him would have been the last emotion he caused me to feel. Disappointment and frustration sure but hatred is a bit extreme.

I disliked Rodgers eventually - for the same reasons I dislike Rudkin and Whelan - they failed to perform well at their designated tasks and had/have been well paid for underperforming.

1 hour ago, pkonline said:

Bring back Claude Puel as DoF! He did very well with bringing in decent young players.

Plus he would be so boring in negotiations that the players and agents would just give in so that they can leave the office. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

For me his problem was that his strong accent created difficulties with communication in English. For that reason he wouldn't be ideal in any capacity in an English speaking country. But hating him would have been the last emotion he caused me to feel. Disappointment and frustration sure but hatred is a bit extreme.

I disliked Rodgers eventually - for the same reasons I dislike Rudkin and Whelan - they failed to perform well at their designated tasks and had/have been well paid for underperforming.

I don’t mean fans I mean the players. Listen to any of them speak about him.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I don’t mean fans I mean the players. Listen to any of them speak about him.

I don’t think that being popular with players is a required attribute for a DOF?? 

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

The French also confirmed he was incredibly boring. Wasn’t a language barrier, it was just Claude.

5 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I don’t think that being popular with players is a required attribute for a DOF?? 

Really? So you would trust him to inspire a player to sign for us?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Do you think that a player would be less inspired to be signed, on behalf of LCFC to play for Enzo Maresca, by:

An ex player with >600 top flight first team appearances, and over two decades experience of managing at the top level. 

OR

Rudkin. 

Edited by 5waller5

43 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

4 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Do you think that a player would be less inspired to be signed, on behalf of LCFC to play for Enzo Maresca, by:

An ex player with >600 top flight first team appearances, and over two decades experience of managing at the top level. 

OR

Rudkin. 

If a player is meeting Rudkin, they it's highly likely he's already given the move a thumbs up.

If the process is anything like it was under Walsh, Glover and the scouts will be out making relationships with players and their agents. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

If a player is meeting Rudkin, they it's highly likely he's already given the move a thumbs up.

If the process is anything like it was under Walsh, Glover and the scouts will be out making relationships with players and their agents. 

Which is my point - Puel’s lack of player likability (if this is the case) is irrelevant, especially given the encumbent

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

Puel did so much good work for our club. I don't understand why he is still ridiculed. 

Because he treated the players with contempt and disrespect they all hated him so we underachieved 

• Haha 1

On 05/05/2024 at 11:42, Finnegan said:

For the 5848474748th time, it doesn't matter where the money comes from, the footballing side of the business at Man City is exemplary and anyone refusing to learn lessons from it purely because the business and money side may or may not be corrupt is brain dead. 

Txiki Begiristain is a genius, they have phenomenal staff and they negotiate very well, targeting round pegs for round holes and never almost never being pushed in to over paying. 

You'd have to be beyond thick to laugh at the suggestion that they are well run. Look at what United and Chelsea have done with comparable spends. 

Get real. They're a corrupt organisation who throw money at things to get their own way. It'll all come out. I'll be surprised if it's only 100 times it's happend. Don't think that because they don't 'over pay' they don't move money around in other ways to get their way. You've either been taken in by them or you work for their PR team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Because he treated the players with contempt and disrespect they all hated him so we underachieved 

Footballers, like most people, don't take well to change initially. He turned us from a counter attack side into a possession based side that could counter attack. He also integrated academy players into the first team. He spoke funny though and, yes, underestimated and pissed off Vardy - definitely one mistake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Only one that had the balls to break up the old boys club. If they reacted to it petulantly, then that's on the players rather than Puel.

Him and Macia did some excellent work laying the foundations that Rodgers (and Congerton) took the credit for and then destroyed.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Footballers, like most people, don't take well to change initially. He turned us from a counter attack side into a possession based side that could counter attack. He also integrated academy players into the first team. He spoke funny though and, yes, underestimated and pissed off Vardy - definitely one mistake.

There are multiple interviews even from the players that hecused saying he hardly ever spoke to them. Others that have said he just constantly straight up lied to them telling them they would be involved blocking moves then never including them in the squad. If you think that is good management in any form I don't know what to say. 

My criticism is nothing to do with how he spoke and it is you and others that have brought that up not me

3 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

There are multiple interviews even from the players that hecused saying he hardly ever spoke to them. Others that have said he just constantly straight up lied to them telling them they would be involved blocking moves then never including them in the squad. If you think that is good management in any form I don't know what to say. 

My criticism is nothing to do with how he spoke and it is you and others that have brought that up not me

Anecdotally his man management seems a real weak point. However you can't really argue with the squad he left us with and the fact he left us with a team where the players were comfortable with the football. He left us in an incredibly good position.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Morgan and Fuchs went on to contribute when called upon in the first two seasons under Rodgers helping us achieve far greater than Puel could get us to do. But let's not ignore him trying to phase Vardy out as our number one striker, using Demarai Gray through the middle on occasion.

Vardy went on to become the top goalscorer in the Premier League once again the following season.

His treatment of Andy King was appalling too.

That said, I'd have liked to see what he could have done with moving some players on in that final horrid 18 months under Brendan 😂😂

On the pitch he made some questionable decisions and played some pretty turgid stuff. Although he never really got much chance to play with his new toy Tielemans who was a major upgrade on Mendy.

And yeah, as said above,  anecdotally it sounds like his man management wasn't great. But to honest - to do the job he needed to do he didn't need to have the squad rimming him, he was never going to be popular. There's no way Rodgers could have done what Puel had to do as he has a pathological need to be adored by people he meets.

You need to remember how awful we were when he joined though. When Shakespeare left we looked a pitiful team. Could barely string 5 passes together and looked like a team on the way down.

From where he took over the club to the time he left - he undeniably improved us and left us in a much better position. The only other manager in recent history to do that is Pearson. Even Ranieri left us on a downward spiral.

• Thanks 1

On 24/04/2024 at 10:53, 5waller5 said:

He’s like someone that has been promoted way past his abilities.

His demeanour is his attempt at a facsimile of someone in the position. It’s his best impression of a DOF.

He’s now proven he’s terrible with all facsimiles 

From academy coach to the position he’s in now is like someone going from a cashier at ASDA to the CEO of it so he probably is

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

From academy coach to the position he’s in now is like someone going from a cashier at ASDA to the CEO of it so he probably is

There's nothing wrong with this by the way, if you're the right character.

The current CEO of Pret started in their shop and has never done anything else.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AjcW said:

There's nothing wrong with this by the way, if you're the right character.

The current CEO of Pret started in their shop and has never done anything else.

There’s not but it’s likely your still learning on the job a lot more as you work up than somebody more experienced and as such more likely to make mistakes