Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If I’d spent a few years at a wonderful workplace like seagrave earning 80k/week then I’d also love it here ! 

Hopefully the gravy train has come to a stop, expectations have been lowered we should be targeting survival and a wage bill that falls in line with the other clubs trying to survive in year one 

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Hopefully the gravy train has come to a stop, expectations have been lowered we should be targeting survival and a wage bill that falls in line with the other clubs trying to survive in year one 

Yes we probably need to cut expenditure but I don't think it will be quite as far as other teams that are just battling for survival. We still have a revenue which is equal to most midtable clubs. I think we will comfortably be able to maintain that we just might not be able to stretch any further than that for a while.

That means that 1 or 2 star players probably could still be on huge wages as long as the rest of the squad is properly managed

Posted (edited)

I very much doubt Vardy is demanding we match his current wage, if it was all about money he'd already be signed up to go to Saudi

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Yes we probably need to cut expenditure but I don't think it will be quite as far as other teams that are just battling for survival. We still have a revenue which is equal to most midtable clubs. I think we will comfortably be able to maintain that we just might not be able to stretch any further than that for a while.

That means that 1 or 2 star players probably could still be on huge wages as long as the rest of the squad is properly managed

Well we've already got rid of the wages of

Praet

Kelechi

Wolf

Albrighton 

Vestegaard

There's some money off the books there and I imagine we'll have been contributing to Yunus and Doyle's wages too. 

Just now, foxile5 said:

Praet

Kelechi

Wolf

Albrighton 

Vestegaard

There's some money off the books there and I imagine we'll have been contributing to Yunus and Doyle's wages too. 

How much were we paying Wolf?

image.png.f6203f30e67b47f1dc111b3e634ed252.png

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Is there any chance Vardy and Rudkin could just have been messing about? Any maybe Vardy knows Rudkin is known to be a bit of a difficult person to deal with, knows the perception he gets but now it's just a bit of a joke for then? 

Considering our squad had a average salary of around 80k/week, I don't think Rudkin is difficult to deal with. He seems to give whatever agents ask for.

Edited by sm1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

The last season in the prem we lost nearly 90m in one season with 206m in wages the 3 year cycle for allowed losses after one season in championship will be 87.5m we need to have cut wages by under a 3rd.

One or two star players is not sustainable if the majority are on wages 60, 70, 80k 

Edited by HankMarvin

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I very much doubt Vardy is demanding we match his current wage, if it was all about money he'd already be signed up to go to Saudi

50 percent wage cut, puts him on 70k very much doubt an agent would advise an aging client who just scored 20 to take 50 percent cut at 37.

its a difficult one, depends on what the options are?

is there money better spent elsewhere, or is there more potential to get more duds like daka etc 

Edited by HankMarvin

Vardy has the upper hand with supporters over rudkin and well he knows it.

Vards also has a bit of bargaining power with Daka firing blanks this season. Even at his age he'll still be our biggest goal threat all things being equal next season.

But even if this is his parting shot he's highlighted Rudkins incompetence like no one else so hats off.

4 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Vardy has the upper hand with supporters over rudkin and well he knows it.

Vards also has a bit of bargaining power with Daka firing blanks this season. Even at his age he'll still be our biggest goal threat all things being equal next season.

But even if this is his parting shot he's highlighted Rudkins incompetence like no one else so hats off.

Patson Daka who, with 0.03 less than world class talent Jamie Vardy, had the second most G+A/90 of any player in the Championship with more than 1000 minutes with 0.99?

FiRiNg BlAnKs. 

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

As much as he’s a twat, if Rudkin is trying to get the wages down significantly that’s the right thing to do. We can’t have vards on anything past 80k now sadly 

If you smear yourself in fish paste and then have a bath, you shouldn't be congratulated just for having a bath.

If we can't offer Vardy what he deserves then the sad indictment is we've brought this on ourselves and that should never be forgotten.

I hope they don't try and hide that by keep paying over the odds to take the spotlight off them on certain things. The PR on Vardy is bigger than anything at this club, in some ways I hope he makes a stand for the greater good of this club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If you smear yourself in fish paste and then have a bath, you shouldn't be congratulated just for having a bath.

If we can't offer Vardy what he deserves then the sad indictment is we've brought this on ourselves and that should never be forgotten.

I hope they don't try and hide that by keep paying over the odds to take the spotlight off them on certain things. The PR on Vardy is bigger than anything at this club, in some ways I hope he makes a stand for the greater good of this club.

I've got a funny feeling that Vardy is already sorted.

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Patson Daka who, with 0.03 less than world class talent Jamie Vardy, had the second most G+A/90 of any player in the Championship with more than 1000 minutes with 0.99?

FiRiNg BlAnKs. 

No goals in his last 6 starts and 4 defeats in 6 of those games he last started. 

“BuT hE oFfErS sO mUcH”

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Praet

Kelechi

Wolf

Albrighton 

Vestegaard

I think we will keep vesteguard but yes other than that I agree

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

The last season in the prem we lost nearly 90m in one season with 206m in wages the 3 year cycle for allowed losses after one season in championship will be 87.5m we need to have cut wages by under a 3rd.

One or two star players is not sustainable if the majority are on wages 60, 70, 80k 

Last year in the prem we had a £25 million cost for sacking the manager and team + £30 ish million less than expected due to being relegated had these not have been present our losses would have been alot smaller.

We will have reduced alot of the wages since then by getting rid of Maddison, Barnes, castagne. Another of the players will have had relegation clauses and be on lower wages now than they were last season. 

We will also probably not be renewing the contracts of Thomas, preat, Albrighton, iheanacho and I assume sell a couple of players such as soutter, Kristiansen and soumare. 

Our wage bill will already be significantly less than it was last time we were in the prem.

We might need to cut slightly but I think it will be alot less than people think because alot of it has already been done.

Posted (edited)

TBF to Jon today that question should never have been asked to Vardy. That’s a fan asking a question over a professional. The guy lost the plot at that stage and wet his knickers. He went from chatting to MA to completely alienating him in the hunt for validation from Vardy.

I know we all want the answer but that tannoy guy should know better, definitely should’ve been briefed not to ask anything of the sort at your own club event and without doubt should be in for a bollocking tomorrow for drawing such attention to it.

Mad how such an event can go so wrong for the club but then we do have a tendency for zero planning and then trying to recover and backtrack whatever we do.

As always, Premier League on the pitch, League one elsewhere.

Edited by RYM
  • Like 4