Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

5 minutes ago, RYM said:

TBF to Jon today that question should never have been asked to Vardy. That’s a fan asking a question over a professional. The guy lost the plot at that stage and wet his knickers. He went from chatting to MA to completely alienating him in the hunt for validation from Vardy.

I know we all want the answer but that tannoy guy should know better, definitely should’ve been briefed not to ask anything of the sort at your own club event and without doubt should be in for a bollocking tomorrow for drawing such attention to it.

Mad how such an event can go so wrong for the club but then we do have a tendency for zero planning and then trying to recover and backtrack whatever we do.

As always, Premier League on the pitch, League one elsewhere.

That’s a bit unfair, players have been on the piss for a week solid at this point and it’s a perfectly fair question to ask our greatest ever player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

That’s a bit unfair, players have been on the piss for a week solid at this point and it’s a perfectly fair question to ask our greatest ever player.

Not at all. It’s a fair question for a fan or an external journalist to ask but not a club member of staff at a high profile event. 

You can ask questions but they need to fit your external messaging. This without doubt didn’t. 

If you know the players are pissed then you just talk about how great the fans are etc. You can’t get involved in contractual politics and expect to come out ok.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Last year in the prem we had a £25 million cost for sacking the manager and team + £30 ish million less than expected due to being relegated had these not have been present our losses would have been alot smaller.

We will have reduced alot of the wages since then by getting rid of Maddison, Barnes, castagne. Another of the players will have had relegation clauses and be on lower wages now than they were last season. 

We will also probably not be renewing the contracts of Thomas, preat, Albrighton, iheanacho and I assume sell a couple of players such as soutter, Kristiansen and soumare. 

Our wage bill will already be significantly less than it was last time we were in the prem.

We might need to cut slightly but I think it will be alot less than people think because alot of it has already been done.

It also had Fofana and Maddison on the books for sales at 110m 

• Like 1

Just now, RYM said:

Not at all. It’s a fair question for a fan or an external journalist to ask but not a club member of staff at a high profile event. 

You can ask questions but they need to fit your external messaging. This without doubt didn’t. 

If you know the players are pissed then you just talk about how great the fans are etc. You can’t get involved in contractual politics and expect to come out ok.

He's not even a permanent member of staff, and he asked a question we all want to know the answer to. The media department probably should have briefed him some questions.

2 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

As much as he’s a twat, if Rudkin is trying to get the wages down significantly that’s the right thing to do. We can’t have vards on anything past 80k now sadly 

If he’s being offered that at this stage of his career, then we’ve learned nothing. He’s a genuine legend, and we all live the man beyond words, but it’s still a business and needs to be run like one. We’ve seen how it plays out when it’s run like a hobby. And it’s not good. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hes an essential part of this team, why would he be happy with less?

Because he is getting older and his value and worth naturally decreases.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

He's not even a permanent member of staff, and he asked a question we all want to know the answer to. The media department probably should have briefed him some questions.

You can’t ask that question. You just can’t. 

We all want to know of course, it’s an emotional subject and we have emotional attachment to the club and JV but thats not the time and place and definitely not an internal question.

As I said before, lack of planning and professionalism from a comms perspective somewhere. Another PR disaster.

6 minutes ago, RYM said:

Stuff like this happens at a lot of similar events and it’s pretty clear that Vardy does what he wants. For what it’s worth, Vardy knows exactly what he’s doing and by most accounts his contract is sorted so he’s taking the piss.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Stuff like this happens at a lot of similar events and it’s pretty clear that Vardy does what he wants. For what it’s worth, Vardy knows exactly what he’s doing and by most accounts his contract is sorted so he’s taking the piss.

Yes so if it’s clear he does what he wants, why poke the fire? 

You just don’t go there. It’s a huge fail.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If you smear yourself in fish paste and then have a bath, you shouldn't be congratulated just for having a bath.

If we can't offer Vardy what he deserves then the sad indictment is we've brought this on ourselves and that should never be forgotten.

I hope they don't try and hide that by keep paying over the odds to take the spotlight off them on certain things. The PR on Vardy is bigger than anything at this club, in some ways I hope he makes a stand for the greater good of this club.

lol fantastic, underrated comment. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Personally thought it was brilliant. I've met Brad before, he came across a good bloke and i respect that he's asked what we all wanted to know. For a media department that's so sterile and boring, it's about the first insightful question they've asked all season.

We hammer the club for having a terrible media strategy so I'm not going to hammer them on the occasion they finally ask an interesting question 🤣

Yeah it's a question we all want to know the answer to and as a club it's so hard to ask the players anything interesting, especially as you've media trained them not to say anything apart from "yeah y'know we go again next week"!

I'm not saying Brad is a bad guy (I would replace him on the screens next season for something more relevant) just probably out of his depth there and went full on fan boy.

If the club also want to hammer the app, I'd stick that clip on there and watch subscriptions fly hahaha

Edited by RYM

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Patson Daka who, with 0.03 less than world class talent Jamie Vardy, had the second most G+A/90 of any player in the Championship with more than 1000 minutes with 0.99?

FiRiNg BlAnKs. 

That really is a case of proving anything with statistics.He bagged against Plymouth, Millwall, Watford and Stoke.

Look at the reactions of players during our 'blip' when Daka was missing chance after chance. The likes of Fatawu, KDH and Mavididi going nuts at his lack of composure or just plain inability to hit the target.

Noticeable that after that lock in at Plymouth away he hasn't started a single game and barely played even as a sub.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

50 percent wage cut, puts him on 70k very much doubt an agent would advise an aging client who just scored 20 to take 50 percent cut at 37.

its a difficult one, depends on what the options are?

is there money better spent elsewhere, or is there more potential to get more duds like daka etc 

It all depends on what other offers are on the table and what bonus can be thrown in.

Drop his base salary, but give him the opportunity to earn what he’s getting now with goal and assist bonuses.

If he scores 15+ next season we go along way to staying up and it’s money well spent

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

Is there any chance Vardy and Rudkin could just have been messing about? Any maybe Vardy knows Rudkin is known to be a bit of a difficult person to deal with, knows the perception he gets but now it's just a bit of a joke for then? 

Pretty sure there was rumours at the start of the season about Vardy being pissed off that Jon was trying to force him out, and that’s why he turned up to the first day of training with a cap saying goat or something similar. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ginger_Filbert said:

Easy to read too much into that but the ‘I know how you feel’ part gives me some hope. 

IMG_8222.jpeg

That's not about Rudkin? 

Is that to the fans? If so, what he feels and we fans feel are world's apart in some respects! 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

That's not about Rudkin? 

Is that to the fans? If so, what he feels and we fans feel are world's apart in some respects! 

Not directly about Rudkin but to me it sounds like he understands the fan’s are frustrated about certain things which includes him. 

Like I said easy to read too much into it but I’m wishful thinking. 

7 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Not directly about Rudkin but to me it sounds like he understands the fan’s are frustrated about certain things which includes him. 

Like I said easy to read too much into it but I’m wishful thinking. 

Fqxl40oWcAAzXHk.jpg

6 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Is it even in our gift to announce his re-signing at this point given the embargo? May be we are waiting until that passes to confirm anything. 

It’s true that we remain an efl club until the end of may (I think we get to vote epl meeting in June) 

I assume the efl wont remove our sanction until they absolutely have to ( could be end June).

as you say, we will do deals - just won’t be able to legally complete them or announce them 

• Like 1