Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

17 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

A friend of mine who knows the family and has spoken to them in the past week. But it has also been reported elsewhere. As soon as we got relegated, Barnes knew the club wanted to sell him. His preference was to stay and help us get back up, but the club needs to get in line with FFP as well as recruit for a number of positions, so he’s been persuaded to leave. 

That's sad. Cheers Rudkin!

28 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Don't know why supporters complain about transfer fees "It's not enough" etc, it's not your money who cares? It's a club decision. We need money for the rebuild, pointless keeping Barnes and not strengthening in the positions we need to strengthen.

Well because if the club sells players for less than their value, we have less money in the future. If we have less money then the likelihood of success is reduced. Not hard if you give it more than four seconds of thought. 

1 minute ago, majaco said:

I read somewhere on this forum that City always include a buy back clause.

So how much is the buy back clause?

When he is 31 , we get him for next to nothing. When was the last player to come back to us on a proper contract?

37 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Don't know why supporters complain about transfer fees "It's not enough" etc, it's not your money who cares? It's a club decision. We need money for the rebuild, pointless keeping Barnes and not strengthening in the positions we need to strengthen.

I don’t disagree,but financially we shouldn’t be in this position,as much as I respect and still want the Thai KP family..They including Vichai have been responsible for our financial strife…with a big hand,we should be keeping to home  top quality players ,if they are willing to stay…

I doubt we are that bad off that we MUST sell him..because keeping such a quality player who wants to stay is a known quantity,and

I doubt any 3 players at even £12-15 mill each,could replace him..and that again proves how wrong people at the helm,again doing bad business and getting away with it.

And this forum sucks because again they have no inkling what’s happening & why,

and not grasping the bigger picture..They blindly & wildly run off names to get rid of or Willy nilling want to put players out to loan..Then crazily want to bring in on loan..6-8 players

If we have run up too much debt and a uncontrollable,ffp debt , bring in new boys/girls at the top or close down the club..Why another era of  recovering from Administration.. People just take the easy words and easy route,don’t fight for assets or spirit of the club…At least Spurs showed they knew the supporters loved Kane and he was a great asset,and wanted to stay & they got his best years,that others ran around with bottles around their  neck wasn’t his fault..but his bosses always proved by action they wanted him to hold and keep the white cockerels shirt

54 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The club pushed the sale, not Barnes. He was told to leave because we need the money.

... the same thing that happened to Pipes!!!

He went to speak to Matt Elliot and other players in tears for help and advice, in the end, the pressure placed on him by the club forced the move. He did not want to go, he wanted to stay, but the blackmailing of the club, stating that they needed the money, and failing to take the move would put some members of staff (on the non-playing side) out of work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Fortunately we have videos of many old matches and Vardy , though exceptionally quick at his peak , was no quicker than a number of players of the past. Even with us , for a while  , Sinclair was also extremely fast.

I hope we are Talking about Jackie…

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tuna said:

...that is true!!!

But the fact that we are all part of this global money-making machine, human nature screams for you to make comparisons. We all have an opinion, and yes it is not our money, but commenting on the price of a sale of one of our most saleable assets is allowed. Many on FT do have an indirect investment into the club through the buying of merchandise and gate receipts, this enables us to voice an opinion I would say.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that is true!!!

But the fact that we are all part of this global money-making machine, human nature screams for you to make comparisons. We all have an opinion, and yes it is not our money, but commenting on the price of a sale of one of our most saleable assets is allowed. Many on FT do have an indirect investment into the club through the buying of merchandise and gate receipts, this enables us to voice an opinion I would say.

But we don't have the headache of balancing the books, someone else gets paid to do That. It matters not a jot to us what fees are involved.  

4 minutes ago, Foreverfox said:

But we don't have the headache of balancing the books, someone else gets paid to do That. It matters not a jot to us what fees are involved.  

...if you look at it dispassionately then yes, we cannot influence how the club is run!!!

But football is about passion, we are not going to be spending £63 on a new kit if we are not emotionally invested in this club. Every decision that is made requires scrutiny as the success of the team influences a big part of our lives. If we had taken £25m for Barnes then the club would struggle to meet its needs and therefore struggle to attain it aims. We need all the finance we can get in order to compete at this moment. Underselling our players would lead to a place which we have been before, we really do not want to be there again.

49 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Well because if the club sells players for less than their value, we have less money in the future. If we have less money then the likelihood of success is reduced. Not hard if you give it more than four seconds of thought. 

If we get the money in quick and get new signings in quick we get back to the premier league quicker and get more money, and it only takes me 1 second to realize that.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if you look at it dispassionately then yes, we cannot influence how the club is run!!!

But football is about passion, we are not going to be spending £63 on a new kit if we are not emotionally invested in this club. Every decision that is made requires scrutiny as the success of the team influences a big part of our lives. If we had taken £25m for Barnes then the club would struggle to meet its needs and therefore struggle to attain it aims. We need all the finance we can get in order to compete at this moment. Underselling our players would lead to a place which we have been before, we really do not want to be there again.

That's like saying if KFC put the price of a bargain bucket up by £1 we can then be disappointed if they never upgrade the seats . 

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...both Guppy and Glover played as outright Wingers!!!

Barnes cannot do what they both could. The style of football has changed and we are attempting to compare different eras, but it does not work. The quality of defending and the robust tackling was different in those days, the likelihood would be Barnes would be reluctant to engage in too many challenges. He is easy to play against, show him down the line and he is nullified, one two's allow him to get around the back of you and he can finish.

No sorry,,one of my actual pet  hates,that O’Farrell played Glover through the middle,the beginning of long repetative injuries..he took a lot of hard flak from the oppo,and were many reports it wasn’t to his liking,because he didn’t get or have that free air in front of him..Bloomfield mostly returned him to the flanks but also wanted him to change flanks often,which he did willingly.

Glover was quoted has liking both O‘Farrell & Bloomfield for different reasons tactically..& first like Gillies,who had time for him and gave him some room but resigned early in his Leicester careerand also tried him only once ( I believe) inside but more a front foot attacking inside foward, not O‘farrels coming from deep engine room where he said was like facing those red indian gauntlets.

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that is true!!!

Yes and no..Right to opinions when knowing all the facts and not building those opinions on presumptions & twisting them into facts. 
If you only go shopping and buy the shirt,doesn’t really give you the right to throw unqualified opinions around..Its just we fans love to be the all knowing foxes pundit,but when not involved or not close to be an ITK,it difficult to admit in not

knowing FA

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

If club A offers £38 million, and no one else makes a bid, that is the player’s value. 

if I believe my house is worth £800,000, and the largest bid is £600,000, it is not worth £800,000.

Does the same apply to the ASM figure SaudiCastle are getting from Saudi? 

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

By the same token, if you only get offered a 500 quid for your house.

is it only worth £500?

Well if you are trying to sell and have not used a reputable estate agent, probably yes. lol

So the £100 million quid we thought Mads and Harvey were worth was pie in the sky after all.None of the top five ever really showed concrete interest in the pair.No one outside the top five was ever going to go much above £40 Million.
Glad it’s all over tbh.

Edited by Heathrow fox