Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

West Ham and Aston Villa are interested in Leicester's £50m-rated forward Harvey Barnes, with the England international unlikely to stay with the Foxes even if they avoid relegation

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12117173/West-Ham-Aston-Villa-interested-Leicesters-50m-rated-forward-Harvey-Barnes.html#article-12117173

WEST HAM have identified Leeds midfielder Jack Harrison and Leicester's Harvey Barnes as summer transfer targets.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22466994/west-ham-transfer-relegation-battlers-harrison-barnes/

It take the 50 million. I really rate Barnes but we can’t turn down that money for an inconsistent player. We could get 2 good wingers for that money and even the squad out a bit..

Will move to someone like Villa and carry on being one of the few wingers outside of the big 6 who regularly gets 15+ goal contributions a season

Hopefully we manage to get a good fee for him

• Like 4

Off to Newcastle according to nothing more than a chinese whisper so don’t lump on. Doesn’t seem an Eddie Howe type player to me although wherever he goes he’s going to have to up the defensive side of his game 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

1 hour ago, RobHawk said:

I don't get all the disrespect in this thread. He's one of the best wingers in the league.

He's not really a winger though is he? Wingers actually take people on. Barnes doesn't. He's averaging less than 1 successful take-on per game this season. Less than KDH and Tielemans, and only marginally more than Mendy. Barnes is more of a supplementary forward. A very good one. But he's not a winger.

Successful take-ons per 90

Tetê                       2.44

Maddison             1.62

Iheanacho            1.62

Dewsbury-Hall     1.57

Perez                     1.43

Tielemans            1.00

Fofana                  1.00

Barnes                  0.89

Mendy                   0.85

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 3

I think he'll get sold, but how do you replace his output? Especially if Maddison also leaves!

If we stay in the division we will be fighting relegation again for sure because the squad will be absolutely decimated and the attacking output we do have will be gone. If we go down then without some significant signings I don't see how we challenge to get back up. Though I think it would be easier to build a side that could compete to go back up than it will be to make a team that has a good chance of beating relegation. 

What a mess the club got itself into! All through our own doing too...

• Like 1

Close family ties and about to become a father after moving to Woodlouse following a lengthy house search.

His current contract was/is worth £25m + boot sponsorship etc, so doesn't have to compromise for wonga.

He will move to a commutable club and one that with his limited ability (on his average showing here) he will get a game. VILLA obvious choice

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think he'll get sold, but how do you replace his output? Especially if Maddison also leaves!

If we stay in the division we will be fighting relegation again for sure because the squad will be absolutely decimated and the attacking output we do have will be gone. If we go down then without some significant signings I don't see how we challenge to get back up. Though I think it would be easier to build a side that could compete to go back up than it will be to make a team that has a good chance of beating relegation. 

What a mess the club got itself into! All through our own doing too...

Lookman was by far our best left winger (less so right) in his time here

Barnes should've been sold post injury when the hype was electric (LFC?) and Lookman who arrived the same August bought for £15m

Losing Lookiman and tripling Barnes contract £££ and only extending by 12 months was insane

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

£50m is fair

I agree, £50m is a good deal for everyone if he really wants to leave considering form, quality and potential for consistency.

Downside is its unlikely we'd find a replacement who would be peak Barnes at that price of course.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

If we stay up, he stays. If we go down we sell. Think it's that straightforward with Barnes. 

50 would be extremely low. 

People who think it's a lot of money are basing this on their own personal bias because they find him occasionally frustrating to watch. His goal and assist contributions are ridiculous for a player outside the Big 6. 

He's comfortably out performed his per 90 xG more than the rest of our forwards. He's been noticeably more accurate this year than Vardy or Iheanacho. 

He's also kept up a very consistent level of contribution every year he's been in the first team. I'm honestly baffled by how consistently under rated he is by our own fans. But then half of you still sleep on how good Vardy ACTUALLY is / was. 

We also haven't signed a good winger in about a decade either; absolutely no guarantee we get it right if he needs replacing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

We also haven't signed a good winger in about a decade either; absolutely no guarantee we get it right if he needs replacing.

Is Anthony Knockaert still an absolute baller in the Championship and the Championship only and does he want to come back and torment Huddersfield some more?

Edit: hahahaha I just checked and he's actually at Huddersfield. Brilliant. He can't score worldies against you if you sign him. 1000 IQ move. 

Edited by Finnegan