Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

5 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Barnes on form, even if as you previously posted, in his fairly one dimensional style of play has brought us fans some great goals and many an exciting moment.

But.. for me seeing Guppy bombing up the touchline, cheeks blowing out, straining to get away from his marker, (as in all fairness, whilst quick'ish he was never a speed merchant) waiting for that pin point cross to come in to the box, was for me a winger in its quintessential form.  Chalk on boots and taking his man on.

If I had a pound for every time I'd yelled "Get it to Gup's"  and when it did "Go on son, Skin him" followed by a "Now Crosssssss"  well I'd be a rich man.

For me, that's football. And I loved it.

None of which I disagree with...... It just appears from his stats that most of the time, it resulted in, well, nothing. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

So just waiting for the money to be laundered and then he's free to to go. Monday? 

PIF. Go to the bank, take out £35 million. Head back 10 minutes later and deposit said money back in. Lol

6 hours ago, weller54 said:

His price tag suggests what you're saying is true

That's just inflation though.

His price tag suggests he's fifty times as good as Lineker, and that's ridiculous.

He's thirty times as good at most.

I'm here all week.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Convenient this basically covers the Barnes transfer ey? 

Also, stupid amortisation rules means Newcastle can buy Barnes for £40m / 5 year deal = £8m cost this year

but sell ASM now for £35m and count it all this year. 

so +£27m net

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Also, stupid amortisation rules means Newcastle can buy Barnes for £40m / 5 year deal = £8m cost this year

so +£27m net

The same way we will with the Barnes fee and who we buy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

so +£27m net

This tactic will catch up with them as Chelsea will find out first.

7 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

This is all the more galling considering how Rodgers and the board gambled everything on getting into the Champions League at the third time of asking with largely the same squad (or only buying squad players, selling nobody of note and giving out big pay rises).

If we followed the blueprint that got us into that position, we could've sold Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi or Soyuncu for big bucks, spent less on their replacements and amortised the cost over several years.

Instead, we maxed out our wage budget, kept players who didn't want to be here because they were being mismanaged, reduced their value by running down their contracts, bought players designed to strengthen the squad rather than the first XI and, essentially, stood still instead of moving forwards, which led to us not being able to make signings until late in the summer window last year.

Perhaps relegation and this season's subsequent revamp and rebuild really will be the blessing in disguise.

Such is life ... being philosophical.

3 hours ago, Langston said:

So grim how these media puppets are trying to make out that this is anything other than transferring money. “Deemed low by Newcastle standards” –they’re owned by the same entity for crying out loud.

Surely this guy must realise how fckin stupid this sounds. It’s like a Tommy Cooper routine when splits himself in two.

• Like 3

Barnes was a better player than both Guppy and Glover if we’re honest.  People really underrate the quality of player we’ve had over the past 8 or 9 years and that it was largely a level above the MON and Bloomfield teams bar one or two players. I get people have nostalgia and romanticise players they grew up with but when you take a step back and try to look objectively, you have to say Barnes was the best of the 3.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, jock2612 said:

Is this done yet ???

It's dragging like fvck isn't it? 

I mean how hard can it be to fraudulently buy a player with dodgy money from the sale of another player from one part to another part of your company ? 

cheeky cvnts

• Haha 1