Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

4 hours ago, Foreverfox said:

Barnes has never expressed a desire to leave and had never asked to be transferred. 

The club was honest with him and said they Will openly look for offers for him this summer as they needed to trim wage bill and raise funds.

(The myth that everyone's wages have bedn reduced by 30-40% is untrue. Most players did not have a relegation reduction clause in their contracts .

Some have a deferred wages restriction but that's all but most signed before the last couple of windows will be on same wages)

Club obviously doesn't want to freeze players out and don't  want players playing who don't want to be here.

The club has obviously got an offer they have accepted so Barnes looks like he is taking up the offer of a new challenge for both the clubs sake and his own personal choice.

Very similar to the Piper transfer all those years ago.

He's given years of service to his local club and he leaves with us making  a tidy sum from his transfer when we need it most.

Frankly some of 5he comments in this thread....are simply embarrassing. 

Likes a drink

Always on the town

Putting himself first

Overrated

Don't want to be here 

Looking at the money ect ect 

You don't realise what you have till.you have lost it and in Barnes we had a great player always proud to wear the shirt.

Well that "myth" was put out there by John Percy, so clearly not as in the loop as he thinks he is then.

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Why on earth hasn't this been announced yet? However seems to suggest its on us.

Probably because Rudders is out having a jolly in Bangkok. Hopefully someone catches his misdemeanours on video, seems tge only way the useless bell 🔔 will be sacked. 

8 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Breaks my heart a bit seeing this. I wanted to see the local boy banging them in and helping his club back to the prem.

Hurts a lot more than the Maddison departure this one. Possibly because I thought there was a decent chance he'd stay.

I don't think this was a player that forced a move, I think it's worked for all parties. We get the money we need, he gets to play at a high level and CL football. So, no hard feelings on this one. But agree it is heart breaking to see and wanted the same. 

• Like 2