Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Last game of the season too.  But Forest have Sheff utd next, a win and i think that will be that.

Wouldn't be so sure - Burnley's 'tough' run in before they play Forest is Newcastle and Spurs - two teams who you half expect to implode. I can see them winning at least one of them.

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

Wouldn't be so sure - Burnley's 'tough' run in before they play Forest is Newcastle and Spurs - two teams who you half expect to implode. I can see them winning at least one of them.

Hope so.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Read earlier today on X that Dyche has the same number of wins as De Zerbi. But the attention on both is vastly different. 

Pretty sur Everton have conceded less as well.

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Brightons only goal in April

When Roma battered Brighton, I said in the Europa League thread I never understood the love for De Zerbi… I got called a “philistine”…. I still don’t get the love in. As I said then, they seem to concede a lot (as in get beat heavily at times. 3 today again). 

• Like 1

I'm still praying for a Florist relegation . Then I can tell colonel blink to go fvck himself.  Speccy 4 eyed twat

Plus they have a few new key player injuries . They will be spent after that

I might even put a few quid on it

Edited by Trent Steel

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

When Roma battered Brighton, I said in the Europa League thread I never understood the love for De Zerbi… I got called a “philistine”…. I still don’t get the love in. As I said then, they seem to concede a lot (as in get beat heavily at times. 3 today again). 

Trip to their forum is interesting. Questioning recruitment and the clubs ambition. DZ has been critical of players and the board. All sounds familiar. How things can change quickly in football. 

Edited by Chelmofox

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Nuno just said Chris Wood is one of the "best strikers' in the premier league"

hmm

What a fvckin clown. Surprised he hasn't blamed the officials for the loss

Edited by Trent Steel

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Nuno just said Chris Wood is one of the "best strikers' in the premier league"

hmm

His touches can be poor, like today.

Was slow to react when he was unmarked with only the goalkeeper to beat.

19 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Trip to their forum is interesting. Questioning recruitment and the clubs ambition. DZ has been critical of players and the board. All sounds familiar. How things can change quickly in football. 

Yer but they're the club we should aspire to model ourselves on according to some on here.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

He is still a very good player, unfortunately he's had all his flair coached out of him playing in Peps system. 

Foden hasn't. Bernardo Silva hasn't. Mahrez didn't. He should be racking up goals and assists in that team, but only has 3 goals and 1 assist this season. Jeff Schlupp could probably better that if you plonked him in that Man City side.

23 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yer but they're the club we should aspire to model ourselves on according to some on here.

As we have seen with ourselves, the situation can change quite quickly. Sometimes people are far too quick to heap praise when things look good. In football you are a few bad results, or one bad xfer window away from trouble. 

Edited by Chelmofox

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

He is still a very good player, unfortunately he's had all his flair coached out of him playing in Peps system. 

He’s been overrated. I think part of the Man City purchase was for the commercial benefit he could bring but it’s not really worked out. You won’t see him excel for England either. 

Dropping down a level (below the big 3) would suit him as he wants to be the big dog in the team. Not sure his ego would cope with it though. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

They are looking like us, I think they will struggle and follow a similar path. Really it's written by FFP anyway. Try to compete, get smashed. 

15 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Seems to be showing the same frailty as a lot of the managers with the same ideology. If everyone is fit and available then they can look decent. Now he's got 6 or 7 first choice players out - instead of being a bit more pragmatic and looking to grind out results, he's asking a bunch of 19-22 year olds to come in and play the same risky brand of football. 

I'd be shocked if De Zerbi stays past the summer - he seems unhappy and it doesn't strike me that Brighton are going to bend over and be dictated to, by a manager. Can see him leaving by mutual agreement, you'd expect Brighton already have 2 or 3 names they're interested in replacing him with.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Seems to be showing the same frailty as a lot of the managers with the same ideology. If everyone is fit and available then they can look decent. Now he's got 6 or 7 first choice players out - instead of being a bit more pragmatic and looking to grind out results, he's asking a bunch of 19-22 year olds to come in and play the same risky brand of football. 

I'd be shocked if De Zerbi stays past the summer - he seems unhappy and it doesn't strike me that Brighton are going to bend over and be dictated to, by a manager. Can see him leaving by mutual agreement, you'd expect Brighton already have 2 or 3 names they're interested in replacing him with.

Yeah what a ****ing loser, can't even get a win with 7 first team players missing. Shit manager, aaaahhh. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah what a ****ing loser, can't even get a win with 7 first team players missing. Shit manager, aaaahhh. 

To be fair - it's not about the winning, it's about remotely competing.  They have scored one goal this month that was actually a burnley backpass that the keeper fluffed and they have shipped 11 goals. How many clubs would find that form acceptable?

Edited by Chelmofox

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

To be fair - it's not about the winning, it's about remotely competing.  They have scored one goal this season that was actually a burnley backpass that the keeper fluffed and they have shipped 11 goals. How many clubs would find that form acceptable?

De Zerbi is a genius, got 44pts from only one goal scored all season!